Hello There

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Costello
Hello There

Post by Costello » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:03 pm

Hello and greetings.

I recently arrived from Bria, I came back after a break and found the galaxy more about selling home furnishings than doing anything. The I saw the guild spot light on RID and it seemed like my kind of place.

I'm a level 90 Bounty Hunter, ex Elder Jedi. And these are the two professions I most enjoy playing. Pretty happy to go whichever is most needed for the guild. I'm keyed for all instances and happy to do any of them as I enjoy them reguardless of if I need them. I have aced all neutral and imperial pilots. And I enjoy roleplaying as in being imperial and knowing something about star wars. Not so much where people claim they are things they aren't or make powing noises instead of shooting. Think that about sums it up.

Hope to see you all in game soon.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Welcome to the forums!

If time permits, we can meet up today.

Arev
Colonel

Re: Hello There

Post by Arev » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:32 pm

Costello wrote:And I enjoy roleplaying as in being imperial and knowing something about star wars.

In the words of JarJar, "Moi, moi, I love you!"

Sounds great, welcome aboard!

I'd recommend adding RID leadership to your friends list as any members you encounter along the way.

Innocent plug coming: If you're looking for an active city (predominately RP), I'd recommend Fort Keen, Talus. Because of a bug, Fort Keen is not advancing to Level 4, but the nearest shuttleport is 1.5km, and we're about 4.5km away from Dearic. Keen is located between two PoIs (including the Imperial Detention Center), as well as being the most heavily defended Imperial player city, well, ever. Keen is also used to host some RP events. /way 5000, -4600 Talus

Other cities of note: Nar Shadda, located about 2km north of the Mining Outpost, is the RID "resort", very well decorated. Fort Victory is located on top of the Imperial Fort outside of Restuss. I have my DNA stored there for quick refreshing for the two Imperial buff houses over there. Finally, our capital, Fort Oasis is located about 2km east of Mos Espa and close to the Imperial Oasis PoI.

Costello

Post by Costello » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:20 pm

Thank you.

Let me know when and where. Being UK based the earlier the better for me. Or really late and I'll check in before work. I don't think today is possible as its gone midnight here and I don't know when your going to get a chance to read this.

I'm happy to add to the citizenary in any of the guild cities. And rolling grass and water is much nicer than sand and sarlac pits!

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:32 pm

Fort Oasis is WEST of Mos Espa last I checked...unless somehow the map is upside down lol. Good info though Arev :roll:

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:16 pm

lol
Apathy is Death.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:55 pm

That's be right, west, not east :D

Bovive
Colonel

Re: Hello There

Post by Bovive » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:18 pm

Not so much where people claim they are things they aren't or make powing noises instead of shooting.

Pew Pew....Gotcha

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:10 am

Costello wrote:Thank you.

Let me know when and where. Being UK based the earlier the better for me. Or really late and I'll check in before work. I don't think today is possible as its gone midnight here and I don't know when your going to get a chance to read this.

I'm happy to add to the citizenary in any of the guild cities. And rolling grass and water is much nicer than sand and sarlac pits!

if u have'nt alrdy got this guy in lexx add my newb toon to sponser/accept rights and ill do it as u know i play more than yall combined even tho im a londoner :P WUV U ALL, PEACE OUT HOMIEZ.

BTW for those of u that dont know i play on chilastra lol toon name is strykerus , feel free to send me a tell if u need anything kk i can answer almost every question in this game and ones that i cant i can find the answer too, lets just say i have a very very big contact list.

Redaxe
Warrant Officer I

Post by Redaxe » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:05 pm

*Shoots Jaysont in the foot*

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:30 pm

DONTZ BE HATTIN FOOL lolz

Costello

Post by Costello » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:48 pm

Just a few quick questions:

Who do I see about getting Zoning rights? Happy to go where ever I'm needed though a structure in a research facility city would be nice :D I have a medium tat house and a bunker.

Are there sections of the web site I can't access as a recruit? If so how long does the recruit phase last?

Many thanks.

Ysiermo
Staff Corporal

Post by Ysiermo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:16 am

Zoning rights you need to ask a mayor or miltia of that city.
There is a list(i thinks its a bit out of date though) of RID cities in the cities forum.

And i dont really think there is a recruit phase, you just have to ask to join whichever division you want to join.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:27 am

We can accommodate you in Fort Oasis, our primary HQ city which is on Tatooine (and a research center).

And no, all members have access to all forum sections. The only exception is one Officer's Forum, which no one but me, our Commanders and Captains can see and post in.

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:33 pm

i shud hav access to that one tbh since im just such a pwnzor person and cuz im leet.