SWTOR NDA Lifted

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II
SWTOR NDA Lifted

Post by Monthigos » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:09 pm

So Bioware has seen in it's infinite wisdom to lift the NDA. I can now post about my experiences playing SWTOR. Let me just start off by saying that it is a rock-solid game! The game plays like a tradition MMO, but with the addition of dialogue cutscenes it feels like KOTOR or Mass Effect. Beta has been buggy but nothing game-breaking. The multiplayer offerings are really fun, especially the group dialogue where you roll to see who talks. There are tons of heroic areas that must be completed with groups, and then Flashpoints. I haven't tried Operations yet.

I've leveled up a Jedi to level 30, and then played through the starter worlds with a Smuggler, a Trooper, a Sith Warrior and an Imperial Agent. I was going to hold off on Sith classes until launch, but I got impatient. I personally think the Sith storylines are a lot more interesting. My personal favorite so far is the Imperial Agent. I've been holding off on playing BH because that is what I want to play at launch, but I really like how the Sith Warrior / Jedi Knight play. Cover-based classes (agent/smuggler) a little bit more challenging because you can't just charge in. I didn't get high enough in either class to be able to setup personal cover.

Corusant was OK--it feels more like a big level than an actual city. I like Nar Shaddaa better. Dromus Kaas (or however it's spelled) is my personal favorite world. The Sith capital looks -AMAZING-. Lots of red banners everywhere so RID should feel right at home. I also like Alderaan a lot. Each planet has a lot of style and they look like paintings.

SWTOR is definitely not a sandbox game.

Anyway if you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: SWTOR NDA Lifted

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:38 pm

Cool to hear this. Thanks for the inside info Vincen.

Sounds like my general expectations of the game. Good to hear it's pretty solidly made.

I'm trying to get back onto the guild portal on the SWTOR site, but I'm having issues resetting my password. Trying to look into that now...

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Re: SWTOR NDA Lifted

Post by Monthigos » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:54 pm

No problem. I'll also post stuff as I think of it. For example: space combat is exactly what they promised--a rail shooter. I thought it was fun, and some of the levels were really hard. One level you keep circling a floating platform until you take out all the turrets. You can upgrade your ship components doing quests or by buying them off the market. Maybe in the future they will introduce free-fly areas for PvP and group missions. I hope so.

Every class has it's own ship. The ship interior is what you'd expect--a place for companions and occasionally for missions. Your companions gain affection for you depending on your dialogue choices and if they are presently with you. Each companion has their own personality. Get high enough in affection and you unlock missions and romantic options.