Super Secret Project

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Super Secret Project

Post by Arev » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:27 pm

A few years ago, I ran across this college class based around the study of the MMO genre and industry from a perspective of EQII. I really liked the concept, and with a professor's approval, had a similar independent study created at my own college (CUW), except being based around SWG. (It also gave me incentive to active my second copy of COA.)

So, I created a new character on my second account and pretending to be a new player, grinding from 1-90, without aid from Arev. Now, this is "super secret" because I'm not revealing my character's name, for I did, I'm sure some of you would you tempted to assist simply because of our association. But, this would inherently skew the results of my study.

As a blessing in disguise, my removal from leadership allows me more freedom to dedicate to my character. So, yes, I'm still around, just in secret. Also, for a small fee of 100 million credits, I'll tell you my character's name. :)

Just remember: Be nice to any Rebel Jedi you come across.

UPDATE:
  • Legacy is the most boring grind I've EVER faced. This is honestly the first combat character I've ever ground completely in years. But, at CL 33, this is overkill: go to location, kill 20-30 mobs, click on 10 objects, kill more, defeat boss. Rinse, repeat. I'm overjoyed that I finally reached Kash content to break up the monotony. The COMPNOR missions ain't anything special either - the fact that you HAVE to do 10/day isn't always the best thing.
  • Starsider is not the most friendliest server to newbies. In my experiences, Entertainers (whom really serve as the main outlet for early player interactions) have generally ignored me in favor of talking with their friends or disregarding me in entirely. Maybe it has to do with the traditional lack/poor tipping from the credit-tight new players? I don't know. All I know is that when I logged back on to Arev a few minutes later, their tone changed with me dramatically.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:15 am

Interesting project. Keep us updated :D

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:29 pm

Yes, please do so. You're spot on, especially with the ents.

Ysiermo
Staff Corporal

Post by Ysiermo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Yah, i didnt deal with entertainers when i lvled up and i just stopped legacy because i hated it so much..

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:52 am

hell, i was at scylla when i came back upon the NGE (pre-expertise) ground from 0-30ish, then said HELL WIT DAT and went back to starsider, got my cl80 bounty hunter, kioet'....didn't feel like doing the legacy quest cause it was so freaking boring and tedious...so off i went to dantooine...cl80-cl90 on graul and janta tribesmen. this was also when auto-aim wasn't around...

that is how much legacy sucks.
Apathy is Death.

Zorbinafrii

Post by Zorbinafrii » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:00 am

back in the day you could just group with a bunch of high combat level guys in dantooine hunting parties for about a week ... as long as you just shot everything in the mob at least once you leveled like crazy. Never drew aggro either.

the only thing that took any real effort was the last 10-15 levels ... course ... that was when it went up to 80.

i was really steamed when i logged back in for the first time in three years and found out i had to grind 10 levels haha

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:58 am

gurk hunting groups is only hunting parties i remember. that is around the time WoW came out, and soe was experimenting with the cu.
Apathy is Death.

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 pm

gurk hunting groups on lok ftw, thats how i grinded al my FS/TKM/Mswords bars.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:15 pm

I've done the legacy quest and I really don't understand what is so bad about them.

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:42 pm

I grinded through those levels out af a sweet hunting shack we found on Lok and another on Dathomir....Lotta running lol

I can't imagine it was any more exciting than legacy. The fun was in the people you were hunting with. Legacy just seems like a solitary exercise, which would make the time drag.

Scout/Ranger was how E rolled :-)

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:56 am

I personally prefer to level alone. Its much more efficient. I liked Legacy because I was always getting levels and hence felt like I was accomplishing something.