SWGEmu

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Thyse
SWGEmu

Post by Thyse » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:31 pm

This reminded me about something when I read Takura's post abotu SWGEmu.

I installed it a few weeks ago and it didn't work. I got my hopes up yesterday and it worked! ( :lol: ) Sadly ( :( ) the server is either down, or it isn't letting me log on, because once I put log in, I get to the "Now Connecting to the Galaxy" window but it doesn't do anything. I'll ait a few days and see what happens.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:15 pm

The server is down quite often. Remember that there is no completed SWGEmu so its a test server.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Amaroo
Staff Corporal

Post by Amaroo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:32 pm

Yeah, support for that Emu comes in fluctuations.

Now, if youd like to try WoW without paying the damned price, try http://www.wowscape.net . Almost 100% uptime and tons of people ALWAYS logged in :P

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:58 pm

Did you try lurking on their forums to see if the server is up or down? Remember, there's a login server and then the actual game servers. It appears that you got into the login server. And yes, since it's still in development, up times are going to be hit or miss.

An interesting thing to note about SWGemu is the server they were running it on. Like four or five months ago I was reading up on it and they guys working on it said the emu was running on some Dell desktop computer with pretty average specs for the time. Mind you, there was only a dev team and a handful of other people using the box, but that's still interesting. It either means that the SWG engine is super-efficient in its resource usage or SOE has some really crappy servers running SWG... Mind you, the true resource hog is always going to be the amount of bandwidth you have, but the Dell they were talking about had nothing more than a fancy Pentium 4 in it...
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Amaroo
Staff Corporal

Post by Amaroo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:37 pm

Plus keep in mind, SOE's overly bloated code. I'm sure the devs over at SWGEmu has done ALOT of cleaning on the redundant stuff.

Aedean

Re: SWGEmu

Post by Aedean » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:07 pm

Thyse wrote:, I get to the "Now Connecting to the Galaxy" window but it doesn't do anything. .

Perhaps they're emulating the early days of Starsider.. hehe

Barney

Post by Barney » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:21 pm

ROFL
Aedean you have a point there.

I've been on one of them, quite a bit.

Wandering cursor, sloppy loose character movement that made me feel like I was driving a car with 4 inches of play in the steering wheel, meh. All the EMU did, beside make me miss my old templates, was make me remember how sloppy and fractious the old game mechanics were, and make me appreciate the NGE more, even if they did destroy our character professions, the game itself, game-play, graphics, and simple combat mechanics feel a lot smoother in the real game.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:24 am

Barney wrote:ROFL

Wandering cursor, sloppy loose character movement that made me feel like I was driving a car with 4 inches of play in the steering wheel, meh. All the EMU did, beside make me miss my old templates, was make me remember how sloppy and fractious the old game mechanics were, and make me appreciate the NGE more, even if they did destroy our character professions, the game itself, game-play, graphics, and simple combat mechanics feel a lot smoother in the real game.

omg, I thought it was just my computer. The movement was terrible. At one point it took me 5 minutes to drive through an archway in my speeder. I can't believe we actually played with that in Pre-CU!

Kalice- Master Architect

Amaroo
Staff Corporal

Post by Amaroo » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:10 pm

Apium wrote:

omg, I thought it was just my computer. The movement was terrible. At one point it took me 5 minutes to drive through an archway in my speeder. I can't believe we actually played with that in Pre-CU!

LOL...what about before we even had speeders, or any kind of mounts :roll:

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Yeah, that brings back some memories Amaroo. I remember everyone was afraid to leave the major cities unless they were in large groups.
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:28 pm

There were mounts when I joined the game, and I used a kaadu mount for like my first six months because I couldn't afford a speeder.

Kalice- Master Architect

Thyse

Post by Thyse » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:23 pm

For all of you trying to get the EMU set up, heres the web site:

http://www.launchpadenhanced.com

This is where I installed my Emu, it comes with a server installed. The server's name is "Core 3".

Genote

Post by Genote » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:40 am

Once it goes live i plan on having an emu server, so RId is more than welcoem to use it as there server =D

Thyse

Post by Thyse » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:57 pm

Cool :o

Thyse

Post by Thyse » Tue May 13, 2008 5:37 pm

Amaroo wrote:
Apium wrote:

Well, I liked old time better because of the cool Jedi Saber Animations. I appreciated those alote :D

LOL...what about before we even had speeders, or any kind of mounts :roll: