Here's a good laugh!!!!

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:53 pm

Peter Jennings revealed a few minutes ago that the state of Ohio uses punch cards... what is up with that? Can't you Ohioans afford these electronic doo-whackeys we have here in Maryland?

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:51 pm

Well, seeing as how the stats is about 8 billion dollars in debt, we can't afford much...

But, we do have the best highway system in the country....

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:16 pm

Hmm... well, hah! You don't live in Baltimore! We are, as the benches in our city proclaim "The Greatest City on Earth." In fact, I'm so proud of my city, I'm going to give you a brief documentary!
Baltimore has been shrinking in population for quite a long time. More so than any city of comparable size. But the shrinkage has slowed!

Crime: Baltimore's Speciality
Yes, Baltimore is world famous for its criminal activities, particularly those involving drugs. But here's some stats that we're really proud of!
Baltimore is, in the country:
2nd in homicide
8th in rape;
1st in robbery
3rd in aggravated assault.
In property theft, we rank as follows:
4th in burglary;
4th in larceny theft; and
15th in auto theft.

According to the mayor's web site, and this is a direct quote:
Baltimore has remained extremely consistent in maintaining high rates of over 300 murders for the last ten years. Much focus continues to be placed on the City's homicide totals. Murder is the most egregious of crimes and viewed by many as symptomatic of crime in general. Baltimore's homicide rate in 1998 was 5.1% higher than in 1990, bucking the national trend in which homicide rates declined 36.2% over the same period. Currently, Baltimore's murder rate is over seven times the national average.

We are a proud city :shock:

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:10 am

300 murders over 10 years?????

Bahh, you rookies!!!

The city of Youngstown, Ohio was averaging 60 murders (or homicides, I can't remember) per year in the late 1990's.

I'm glad I live outside of the city...

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:19 am

Hehe, the mayor phrased it that way intentionally. We have 300 murders a year. In 1993, for example, I believe we had 353 murders.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:25 am

Oraf, you were still learning your alphabet in 1993. lol :lol:

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:33 pm

Bah, I was a smart little child, I was learning my alphabet in 1991-2, thank you very much. In 1992 I started using the home personal computer, which was a $5,000 piece of crap with an amber screen monitor. By 1993, I was reading books like crazy, and addictively watching my VHS copies of A New Hope The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. So don't you be dissin' me 'cuz of my age, I'm older than a lot of our guildies, hehe.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:11 pm

I feel old....

... and I'm only 20.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:46 pm

Speaking of the original trilogy, why won't it let you view the ORIGINAL films, without the added content? I'm beginning to think that Lucas has gone totally insane...

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:48 pm

Well, the DVD's are the Special Edition from 1997 with a few added extras. Don't expect to see the original movies on DVD anytime soon, Lucas thinks of the new versions as the way it should be.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:50 pm

Hmm... then George truly has gone mad. The odds that Episode III will be even half-decent seem slim to none. I only hope that the petition to get the Star Wars kid into the movie works.... that would be HILARIOUS.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:52 pm

You know, as funny as the Star Wars kid was, you still gotta feel sorry for him. I mean, put yourself in his shoes. The kid will never be emotionally the same. The sad thing is, the casting director for Episode III felt so bad for the kid, that she wanted to cast the kid.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:18 pm

Well, thank god the petition had some effect, hehe.

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:51 pm

lol i still got my origenal (i can't spell lol) video set of 4,5 and 6 and there in perfect condition :D all i need now is to get em signed an i'll bea happy bunnie.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:29 pm

Talk about necro-posting. This thread is almost two years old. I'm locking it for good measure.