A glimpse on the holonet

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Melkin
A glimpse on the holonet

Post by Melkin » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:20 pm

Melkin sits in his office, the wide expansive desk dominating the room which has now become a prison. "House arrest", Melkin thought, "like this will last".
Melkin smirked to himself and looked over the recent security footage of the City Hall that morning, the galla of Imperial officers and troopers looking for anything to incriminate Melkin and his Family. They wouldn't find what they were after..they would fail like the rest. It wasn't the first time the Empire had came against the Family, it certainly wouldn't be the last. While his influence in the Empire had seen better days, he still had his connections. He would still strike back. Melkin lights a cigar as he leans forward, zooming the camera in on Lexx and pausing the holo-feed. The leader of the Regal Imperial Defenders, the icon of order on Tatooine. Melkin smirks as he stares at the image. This will be a fun game, but one you will ultimately lose my friend, just like those before you. Melkin pressed play, and the recording came back to life then he hit pause again, the feed freezing in place. Melkin zooms in on another face and sits back taking a drag, savoring the mild flavor of his cigar, exhaling the cloud of toxic smoke before whispering "There is always one who can be exploited."

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:22 pm

((I'm looking forward to the next advancement of the plot.))
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Amaroo

Post by Amaroo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:34 pm

((as am I. Hopefully, next time I will find out in advance and be better prepared :wink: ))

Melkin

Post by Melkin » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:25 pm

( Everyone on my side had a lot of fun guys. Thank you very very much for this plot line. I can't wait to see what else it brings up, and hopefully we'll surprise you guys as well. )

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:20 pm

Melkin wrote:( Everyone on my side had a lot of fun guys. Thank you very very much for this plot line. I can't wait to see what else it brings up, and hopefully we'll surprise you guys as well. )
\

((hopefully not too much lol))
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:12 am

(Personally, I hate surprises in rp.. I like knowing what's going on and what's going to happen in the plot so I can roleplay my character better.. half the time I am unable to rp Ri'Me well because I have no idea what's going on, so I either look stupid or don't participate much in rp plots. If I am to be involved in something like this, I would like to know what's going on so I can better act out whatever scene I am involved in. I gotta orchestrate the plot at least somewhat! Or offer input at least. I am good at that sort of thing sometimes.)

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:02 am

I kinda see what you mean about not knowing most of the plot... but in reality there are surprises, not scripts. I dont like it when RP is too scripted because things seem to fakish. Of course if you dont know whats going on RP your character the way you would, even if it means looking dumb ;)

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:15 am

I don't mean for it to be scripted.. just to know the general plot outline and know the twists and turns so I'm not like "wtf, why did he just kill that guy off? Now I have no clue how to continue because I wasn't told this was going to happen!" Then the scene falls apart due to lack of communication. This has happened to me countless times. And it's not because I don't read the plot outlines on the forums, it's because the people devising the plot know things that I don't and don't care to mention why or what's happening at that particular point in time, which in turn pulls me out of the scene. I have a much better time roleplaying when I know what's going on and can prepare to react the way Ri'Me would react to situations.

Another way of putting it would be I prefer to have a hand in the plot outline of a story, otherwise I feel lost and get bored easily. /shrugs

Melkin

Post by Melkin » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:29 pm

Lexx and I are the general orchestrators of this plot. When I say surprises, we're not pulling things out of thin air, it's more along the lines of...I hope you'll find this fun and enjoy some of the little points of the plot that come up.
Before Lexx or I do anything, we usually talk about it in tells and setup some date for things to occur so the majority of our people will be there. Like the party this Friday for example :P There's your only hint for the next one. I like to keep things just out of view until it comes out, I find most people enjoy it better when they can say "ah ha", but I know what you mean Ri'Me when it's that "WtF..what happened" moment.

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:04 pm

((As a total n00b roleplayer, I just pick my character and go with what develops. Life isn't scripted, and neither should Play Life. But it's good to have ppl like Melkin and Lexx making things pop-up, otherwise this would be as boring as real life :-P ))