Greetings from the Darkside

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Szul
Greetings from the Darkside

Post by Szul » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:44 pm

Hi folks. My IGN is Szul Kodar'SL-XIII'. I also have an alt Commando, TX-OneOneFour.

This introduction post is mostly what I'd included in my application to Lexx; I've just made some edits. It’s a bit long, but I have a lot of history with this game, so this is actually a pretty short summary.

About the Player:
Ex-military: Navy, 40yo M, married w/teen autistic boy, 900+ day SWG player 07/04/2003. I was 13th confirmed Jedi unlock game-wide, (hence the SL-XIII in the surname, a CSR manager gave me that change) It also happened to be November 13th, 2003, just after midnight had passed, which is called the 13th Hour, or Witching Hour.

I used to work part-time for Game Designers Workshop (GDW) circa 1990 as a professional Game Master for their New Products Dept., I would GM tournaments at gaming conventions and would run Demo tournaments new games at local game shops around the Houston/SE Texas area. I guess you could say I actually got to roleplay for a living, :lol:

I am always In Character when logged in, especially in Spatial chat and Group chat. I am always Out of Character when using Tells and global channels such as /guild and chat channels, because I do not consider those In Character communications, unless they are specifically specified as IC comms.

"Joining" a guild is unfamiliar ground for me, because I’ve usually been the Guild Leader. I’ve founded some highly successful guilds in many games, mostly PVP guilds, including a very successful Rebel PVP guild on Sunrunner which, very long story short, involved the role-play of my FS unlock and its fall to the Emperor’s influence, which resulted in the destruction of a powerful Rebel guild (I disbanded it because I could not turn them to Imperial) and its Rebel stronghold city. Very neat Star Warsy story and I intend to blog it one of these days...

On Sunrunner, I was heavily involved in Imperial Leadership Ops, which was a "player-based content organization" that consisted of inter-guild coordinated Base defenses, insurgent suppression raids and executions of Order 66. It was a balanced blend of Star Wars role-play and heavy PVPing, most fun I’ve ever had in a MMOG. I quit playing in Sept. 2004 for EQ2 and just never bothered coming back until NGE was released, mostly because it finally became possible for me to transfer my Sith to my EQ account for SOE Access. My characters were transferred to SS ~3 weeks ago.

PVP philosophy:
I enjoy PVP a lot. I view it as a sports competition. However, in Star Wars, I always role-play my PVP and it does not matter if my opponent is role-playing or not. If they are Rebel, but a smack talk PVP kiddie, then I simply place them on /addignore and just treat them as a Rebel NPC with an intuitive AI. I have a policy to not converse with my opponents while out hunting. I don't play with my food.

Role-play intentions:
I intend to roleplay Szul as an apprentice Sith Inquisitor (apprentice because hes still low level pilot, thus fairly new to the Inquisition Pilot organization). Szul has a very long, very in-depth back-story that has built him to what he is now, and I seek a guild that will enhance its future storyline, rather than try to change or stifle what I’ve already accomplished with him. After some reading, watching the video and other observations, I feel that RID will offer the opportunity and support that I seek.

I think thats about it, and I look forward to meeting and playing with everyone.

Szul Kodar'SL-XIII'
TX-OneOneFour

CerexHendrix

Post by CerexHendrix » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:20 pm

Welcome to RID! You're gonna like it.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:41 pm

Welcome to RID! I hope you only have positive experiences with us.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Szul

Post by Szul » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:56 am

Thank you, I appreciate the welcomes. Unfortunately, I think I still need catch Lexx for an interview and get an invite into the guild (also get city permissions to drop my Bunker in Fort Oasis) but I believe he is EST, and I am PST and my play time is usually about now, because wife sacks out on couch, kid is in bed and its Daddy's quiet time to play. :lol: I'm also on sometimes during mornings, well noon+ for the EST crowd.

I know people like to get to know each other, and when I am online, I'm often leveling TX-OneOnefour, my noob Trooper, so anyone is welcome to send me tells, or if there is a chat channel I would be happy to hop on it. I'm only IC for Spatial, so I have no problems being chatty cathy while I'm grinding the Trooper.

Thanks again for the welcomes!

Szul
TX-OneOneFour

Vogik

Post by Vogik » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:07 am

Welcome to the guild :D

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:23 am

Szul, what time will you be on today? Maybe I'll be able to catch you online :)

CerexHendrix

Post by CerexHendrix » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:27 pm

Does phow still have recruiting powers because he is usually on pretty early....

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:36 pm

Yes, Phow-jin has recruiting abilities. So if I am not online, contact either Issele or Phow-jin. Phow-jin might usually be killing things in the DWB though :lol:

Szul

Post by Szul » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:06 pm

LexxYovel wrote:Szul, what time will you be on today? Maybe I'll be able to catch you online :)

It varies when I am online since I take care of a kid at home, so I log in at various times when I'm bored and have an hour or so to play. I can log in and meet anyone if I know about it ahead of time. I'll add Issele and Phow-jin to my friends list and look for them, too.

Thanks!
Szul
TX-OneOneFour

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:23 pm

[/quote]After some reading, watching the video and other observations[/quote]

yeah yeah i know this was posted ages ago but i had to ask. WHAT VIDEO IS HE TALKING ABOUT???????????

Szul

Post by Szul » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:34 am

Lexx makes videos. Was one of those, I don't recall which anymore.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:32 am

wow for a while I thought this was new I was gonna say cerex gounk and vogik why are you welcoming a guy who was in the guild like months ago.