Interested in joining RID

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Azrael'D
Interested in joining RID

Post by Azrael'D » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:06 am

/salute;

Hello. I am a SWG Day 1 (2) vet who just trasfered to Starsider from Gorath and am looking to join an Imp guild. I have been around for a long time and am fairly experienced. I am a former guildleader for one of the longest running PAs on Gorath. However despite our lengthy tenure, we had our fair share of problems namely, member participation and lack of direction (part of that is my fault btw in trying to have too many directions with two few people/resources). Not to mention our numbers dropped as the NGE took hold.

With a new life in SWG I just want to join an active guild where people are always on and enthusiastic in guild activities. I am not looking to do or be anything special other than be part of a guild that has strong direction and leadership. A guild with both those qualities makes the call to arms easy which is something I would follow.

I would like to PvP but do so in a setting where there are lots of people on both sides. Star War battle scenes has always been epic in nature and this is something that I have always wanted in SWG. In my old PA and on Gorath, massive battles have been lacking since the CU due to declining numbers. I am also an Imperial Ace Pilot with many prenerf equipment and would like to be more involved in the PvP space scene. Also, Roleplaying is something that is intriguing and would like to do some but not to the same degree as the hardcore players on SS.

Anyway, I am glad that I stumbled on the recruitment thread on the SS forums. I am very interested in joining and would like to know alittle bit more of RID to see if my skills could help the guilds efforts. I think once that is cleared up I would like to send in an application and throw my hat in the ring for membership. Thanks for your time.

Long live the Empire!

/salute;

-Azrael'D

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:21 am

Welcome!

Lexx will send you an application ingame. He reads the forums more than he is ingame so don't worry about sending him an ingame mail.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:23 am

Hehe, he's right.

I should be in-game soon to send an application. I could be able to recruit you later this evening (Eastern Time).

Amaroo

Post by Amaroo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:28 am

Welcome my friend, good choice on switching servers, and even better choice of seeking more info. on R.I.D.

Seek me out in-game (Amaroo or Avacki) and we can do some battling together (PvP and/or PvE). It would also give us a chance to get to know a prospective member to our fine community.

Azrael'D

Post by Azrael'D » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:22 pm

It seems that you guys do alot of PvP. Also I noticed that combatants are broken down by squads. Do you guys practice group tactics when you PvP, ie 2 x 2 formations, covering fire, ganking using spies etc. I figure with the reimplementation of attacking while kneeling and prone plus the FPS format, it would benefit the side that practice this which could determine the overall effectiveness in PvP.

Thoughts and/or feedback?

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:25 pm

Azrael'D wrote:It seems that you guys do alot of PvP. Also I noticed that combatants are broken down by squads. Do you guys practice group tactics when you PvP, ie 2 x 2 formations, covering fire, ganking using spies etc. I figure with the reimplementation of attacking while kneeling and prone plus the FPS format, it would benefit the side that practice this which could determine the overall effectiveness in PvP.

Thoughts and/or feedback?

not really, its kind of a down time in swg right now, and its hard to organize anything.'

I do believe that was lexx's original intent for the palace academy and the squads.

Kalice- Master Architect

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:36 pm

Welcome aboard!

I think your experience and strategic/tactical thinking will be a great addition to RID. We have a lot of PvP players, but no one has "taken the reigns" as far as using our players to the fullest.

In the absence of Apium, I will be alone coordinating Space events. It'll be great to have another Ace around to keep things going. I'm away from home a lot, so I haven't been able to keep things rolling as planned.

Jal'Hadon

Post by Jal'Hadon » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:17 am

Combat Support Commander FTW!!! i had some great plans for spies to :cry:

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:35 pm

And then you were part rebel...

Jal'Hadon

Post by Jal'Hadon » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:43 pm

naw. i was 100%imperial when i was playing matron. ask anyone that really knows me.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:53 pm

Jal'Hadon wrote:naw. i was 100%imperial when i was playing matron. ask anyone that really knows me.

yea he actually was, he was even imperial before mek went totally rebel.

Kalice- Master Architect

Takura

Post by Takura » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:22 pm

... but the empire was too tough for him. :wink:

Jal'Hadon

Post by Jal'Hadon » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:25 am

he was even imperial before mek went totally rebel.[/quote]

i was Imperator Legionar even :wink: leader of all things imperial in MEK.
your just jelous tak. oh yea, my jp's cooler.