Species Change?

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Species Change?

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:47 am

I have heard rumours about this, does anyone know if it is true.

When I originally joined swg in Jan 04 I did no research on species, professions or factions and as soon as i realised i wanted to go Imperial i regreted chosing to be a Twi'lek. I just thought that if i chose an alien it would be more interesting than going the "boring" human route. If i can change i will because i want to wear the imperial uniform and ST armour.

bizob

Post by bizob » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:39 pm

have been hearing these rumors for a long time now. at one time it was said that ID's were gonna be able to change your species. I too didnt research the species thing. i just picked Rodian cuz i wanted to be a Bounty Hunter and NOT a plain old human and I always liked Greedo.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:42 pm

I heard rumors that ID's will be able to change species (I hope just as a one time thing. Would be weird to see wookies switching back to humans back and forth).

Kuiloo
Lance Corporal

Post by Kuiloo » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:23 pm

Sorry Guys but even if they allow this ... Kuiloo will stay Kuiloo the Calamari !!! And you will have to stay with the fish guy for a long time again ! lol

I only hope one day , imperials will bring a dedicated Calamari Imperial Armor helmet. That is all I want.

Cheers
Kuiloo Master DOC & Combat Med
Combat Support Division
RID

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:42 pm

Hehe, Kuiloo wouldn't be Kuiloo has a fish! :P

I think they need to lower faction penalties for aliens. If anything, just making it harder to be promoted.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:45 pm

Come on Lexx, be realistic. The Empire is the Empire and it always will be. Non-humans are rarely seen in service of the Empire and those who are in service to it work a lot harder to get where they are.

Even still, you should have a one time only option of changing your species.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:15 pm

I know, but think about it. Wouldn't it make more sense for aliens to experience difficulty being promoted as opposed to more expensive things? If an alien pays more FP to be promoted, shouldn't he be entitled to the same item types as a human Colonel (who paid less to be promoted)?

It's sort of flipped around, but the Empire needs to have some form of anti-alienism for RP.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:22 pm

If the Empire let non-humans in their ranks without making them work harder for it, then the Empire would be no different than the Rebellion. And if that was the case, what would the Rebellion be fighting for??? (Aside from the Emperor's dictatorship and imperialistic methods)

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:39 pm

No, you dont understand, I am saying they SHOULD work harder to achieve there ranks... not buy oh say, a storm trooper. Besides, it's also important to remember that the penalties cant be too overboard. Balance is an unfortunate need, but we got the AT-ST and they got alien freedom.