Who's good with Wikis?

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Who's good with Wikis?

Post by Arev » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:53 am

A order has come down from Imperial High Command:

The Regal Imperial Defenders are to register themselves on the Starsider Wiki. However, before you're given access to post there, you must first register at SSG. Once registered, add yourself to this thread. Finally, once you've gained entry to the Wiki, it's a simple copy, paste, and making it look all purdy.

That is all. Dismissed.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:17 am

I have wiki access on there. That would seriously need to be trimmed down though, there is a pretty stand format to use for PAs and that is too much content. Also would probably need some RID related artwork to use. But yah, I could put something together if you guys can help me out. Check out the 105th Onyx page to see how it should look:

http://www.starsidergalaxy.com/wiki/ind ... 2_Squadron

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:04 am

I can help too. I was one of the early contributors of the SWG Wiki and helped get it off the ground.

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:19 am

Bovive wrote:Also would probably need some RID related artwork to use.

You could go into the screenshots thread and take a couple from there if you wanted. Not all of them work, but some are nice I think.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:23 am

Month you are welcome to do it bro, I've never done it before lol.I can post it for you though if you do not have access.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:50 am

I'm working on access right now - its not too tough - basically wikis have a standard set of codes and there is usually a reference in the wiki. Follow the format and you'll be golden. I'll just pull the info from one of the articles on the forum.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:09 am

Monthigos wrote:I'm working on access right now - its not too tough - basically wikis have a standard set of codes and there is usually a reference in the wiki. Follow the format and you'll be golden. I'll just pull the info from one of the articles on the forum.

Sweet and thank you

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:28 am

I can post some more pictures in the RID Screenshot thread.

Actually, I registered on Starsider wiki awhile ago and posted my article. Just need to put some photos.

I'm also working on a better age for my character. 18 is probably too young, but I need to find an age that fits the timeline lol

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Awesome, thanks for the help fellas.

Lexx, to address your issue. I would consider looking at other Star Wars characters and their accomplishments. Luke was born 19 BBY (around 21/22 in SWG). Han is born 29 BBY (around 31/32 currently). Other EU notables are Kyle Katarn and Dash Rendar, born 22 BBY and 20 BBY respectively. However, because very little is known about their childhood, that's speculative. Myself, and others, believe (for example) Dash to be older, closer to Han's age based on lines from SotE. Arev is around 26, born 25 BBY.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Yeah I saw 18 on your profile and was a little confused by that. How could our fearless leader be only 18? Vincen is pushing 40. ;)