Recruitment Push

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Recruitment Push

Post by Arev » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:00 am

When I returned from my SWG intermission, I was very excited about in-game and forum activity that I saw. Unfortunately that seems to have recinded, which could be because of the Christmas season, but I doubt that. At this time, I'd strongly recommend are hard recruitment push made by everyone of us.

Talk to people. You know that guy that helps you grind on Dantooine? Maybe he'd be interested. How about the guy that's always in your instance group? Talk to him too. Of course, you must never attempt to 'give the pitch' to someone who is already guilded - unless, that person has acknowledged his dislike for his current PA.

If they are still interested after the pitch, send them to the website, talk to Lexx, and send in an application to begin the registration process. Remember, this website here: abstraction.com/ridboard.

Finally, we ought to follow the sound advice of Eric Cartman: "We need chicks...or else people will think we're gay."

Of course, Lexx isn't helping the situation either...

Image[/img]

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:28 am

I agree, never hurts to have more people that are suited for RID. People just got to let me know who they are before they register on these forums, else I'll think they are spam-bots and delete them.

We did recruit a few females recently... it didn't very end well for those particular people due to personality clashes. I agree we need more, unfortunately the reality of online games is that they are the minority. More importantly, got to make sure everyone fits in.

Jonem
Master Sergeant

Post by Jonem » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:16 pm

LexxYovel wrote:
We did recruit a few females recently... it didn't very end well for those

They were lesbians.

(i figured id let him know the specifics!)

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:22 pm

They were lesbians.

(i figured id let him know the specifics!)

Their sexual orientation however had nothing to do with their leaving. That was the result of them being beaten with a crazy stick over and over again.[/quote]

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:51 pm

We could always use more people and we're addressing this. The class poll tells us we can use medics. Perhaps another for the next needed class? The last females we recruited were headaches, hopefully the next aren't. I will say that I'd like us to be fairly selective with recruitment, echoing what Lexx has already said about making sure people would be a good fit.

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:59 pm

Once the transfers start pouring in, they'll be bangin down the doors.

My advice is be patient, stick with Lexx's policy, and take the best from the flood of people who will be lining up at the forums.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:29 pm

Yep, January 13th is a good time to go searching the galaxy for certain recruits. If nothing else, we can make friends with a few of the new guilds coming in, which could make for long term allies.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:18 pm

Corvallon wrote:We could always use more people and we're addressing this. The class poll tells us we can use medics. Perhaps another for the next needed class?

Uhm, as a former guild leader I can tell you that you don't recruit based on class. If you do, you're going to ostracize some great players, and/or invite real artards into your PA because of their class.

Likewise, I agree that come Jan. 13, we will see potential recruits skyrocket, but that doesn't do much good if people aren't talking to unguilded PUG-mates, telling them about the PA, and pointing them to the website. Visibility is a good thing.

Of course, now's a good time to remind everyone: Always mind your manners when in public. We've already had a few bad incidents, which I watched myself, and could only /facepalm and pray people forgot. Don't worry, Kio, I'm sure CCXX forgot about your drunken shenanigans in the cantina.

Sawyilartia

Ouch.

Post by Sawyilartia » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:30 pm

Hey, Im a girl..!

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:59 pm

Arev wrote:
Corvallon wrote:We could always use more people and we're addressing this. The class poll tells us we can use medics. Perhaps another for the next needed class?

Uhm, as a former guild leader I can tell you that you don't recruit based on class. If you do, you're going to ostracize some great players, and/or invite real artards into your PA because of their class.

Likewise, I agree that come Jan. 13, we will see potential recruits skyrocket, but that doesn't do much good if people aren't talking to unguilded PUG-mates, telling them about the PA, and pointing them to the website. Visibility is a good thing.

Of course, now's a good time to remind everyone: Always mind your manners when in public. We've already had a few bad incidents, which I watched myself, and could only /facepalm and pray people forgot. Don't worry, Kio, I'm sure CCXX forgot about your drunken shenanigans in the cantina.

Perhaps I should clarify that there are classes we can look at first, because the guild needs spies and medics. This isn't excluding the other classes or any players for that matter, but putting need first.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:29 pm

Exactly. Corvallon never said anything about excluding certain classes, only that we should devote more time to searching for certain professions.

If a Jedi wants to join RID, we'll treat them equally to a medic or spy that wants to sign up.

And see, Sawy is a girl! Looks like we're off to a good start :lol:

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:26 am

I'm a girl too! :shock:

It's true.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:59 pm

Arev wrote: Don't worry, Kio, I'm sure CCXX forgot about your drunken shenanigans in the cantina.

good times....lol i remember logging in a day or two later, wondering why i was OUTSIDE of the cantina...didn't have any recollection of even going in there and doing what i did. looked through the chat logs...heh heh (that's what happened when i drank half a glass of vodka and 2 cans of red bull)
Last edited by Saurat Seerdon on Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apathy is Death.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:59 pm

LexxYovel wrote:Exactly. Corvallon never said anything about excluding certain classes, only that we should devote more time to searching for certain professions.

If a Jedi wants to join RID, we'll treat them equally to a medic or spy that wants to sign up.

And see, Sawy is a girl! Looks like we're off to a good start :lol:

Jedi are a great addition, DPS and stuff.
Apathy is Death.

Zorbinafrii

Post by Zorbinafrii » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:21 pm

Arev wrote:Don't worry, Kio, I'm sure CCXX forgot about your drunken shenanigans in the cantina.

whoa what did i do?

i've stopped drinking, so whatever it is, it won't happen any more :oops: