Black 8 Squadron mission statement *Flagged for Removal*

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Erougn
Captain
Black 8 Squadron mission statement *Flagged for Removal*

Post by Erougn » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:10 pm

Black Squadron history

Black Squadron is Lord Vader's personal squadron. His callsign is B1.

While he is not able to fly with us often, we are still required to perform as the Imperials' finest.

The squadron will be limited to 8 pilots (B2 through B9). Until Jan 15, 2009, enrollment will be within RID only. After that it will be opened up server wide. Once we have all 8 pilots, we will still run trials for interested pilots. Only the best of the best will fly here, your spot is always at risk. Pilots will be assigned a callsign, initially given by join date but eventually earned. I am B2, Tenvik is B3, and B4 through B9 are open. Once you are assigned a callsign you have the right to challenge any pilot of higher rank for their spot. This will ensure that we TRULY represent the best the Empire has to offer.

Challenge rules;

1- Each pilot can issue one challenge in a 7 day period.

2- If you are challenged, you must scheduale a fight within 7 days.

3- Each fight is best of 5. First pilot to 3 kills wins the challenge.

4- Each fight must be observed by a 3rd party within The Black 8.

5- If you challenge and lose, you are demoted to B9. If you challenge and win, you exchange callsigns with the loser.

6- Callsigns will be used as the ship's name...a low number will send fear into your enemies heart. Changes in callsigns will be updated weekly. Every Sunday the current ranks will be sent out and all pilots are to adjust ship names immediately. Failure to do so is either dereliction or treason, both are subject to demotion or dismissal without notice.

7- All disputes are settled by the observer, his word will be law unless FRAPS or screenshots are supplied for B2 review.

8- All decisions as far as location and limits on equipment/specials will be settled by the pilots when schedualing.

9- All challenges are subject to B2 review, and may be nullified, adjusted, or ignored.

With all that said our main focus is PvP. We will help each other with equipment, fly DS patrols as a squadron, have schedualed practices and events. Lack of participation is grounds for dismissal or demotion without notice.

Requirements for consideration;

- Imperial Ace status

- A PvP viable Oppressor. The RGI will be added as a requirement 1/15/09

- Ability to fly often

- Ventrillo and a working microphone. This may change to TeamSpeak if I decide to host the server from home.

- Maturity. There will be 0 tolerence for BS like in-fighting, taunting, or abuse of other pilots within Black 8 or not. Imperials fly with honor. These problems will be dealt with swiftly, all persons involved will be removed no matter who started what. This is solely at the discretion of B2.

Trial for membership will be challenging. Details will be added here as soon as I make them up.

The tone of this post is harsh, but I'm taking this very seriously. This system GUARANTEES The Black Eight will be the most feared Squadron on StarSider.

Note: In case anyone is wondering, the position of B2 is as vulnerable as the rest. Take the matter seriously, if you lose to B2, you are out of the Black 8.

Erougn Eomeir
RID/ B2 Black Squad

EDIT:Changed open date and added B9
Last edited by Erougn on Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:12 pm

sticky please 8)

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:47 am

Good idea Erougn. This is gonna put RID on the space map. I'm working HARD to get this ACE title and after I'm gonna dream to be on this squad on your side.

I throwing that down, maybe it's not a good idea but to be in the B8 you should be a RID member. It will bring new members plus will get the B8 EXCLUSIVE to RID.

Example:

So if an IMPHL member wanna be a B8 he needs to leave and join RID.

:arrow: discuss

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:24 pm

If any RID want to try out for the squad, send me a tell and we'll scheduale what's easiest for both.

Try out will consist of some dueling and a DS sweep. Dueling will give me a good idea of your skills as an opponent and Deep Space as a wingman.

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:29 pm

In the 3+ years I ran the RID Navy we never had 7 active pvp pilots...not even close. If there were enough, hell yes. To be effective this squadron needs to be full. I'm moving back the date where I will be opening up enrollment outside of RID, so that more of our pilots get first shot. The new date is 1/15/09.

Erougn Eomeir/ RID
Black Squadron/ B2

Daiho wrote:Good idea Erougn. This is gonna put RID on the space map. I'm working HARD to get this ACE title and after I'm gonna dream to be on this squad on your side.

I throwing that down, maybe it's not a good idea but to be in the B8 you should be a RID member. It will bring new members plus will get the B8 EXCLUSIVE to RID.

Example:

So if an IMPHL member wanna be a B8 he needs to leave and join RID.

:arrow: discuss

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:11 am

Considering that Erougn is no longer in RID, I am assuming this sticky is now invalid. If this is not the case, otherwise I am going to unsticky it soon.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Apium wrote:Considering that Erougn is no longer in RID, I am assuming this sticky is now invalid. If this is not the case, otherwise I am going to unsticky it soon.

I agree, it should be removed.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Apium wrote:Considering that Erougn is no longer in RID, I am assuming this sticky is now invalid. If this is not the case, otherwise I am going to unsticky it soon.

He typed in pink.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:53 am

Yeah I'll unsticky this, and do an update on all other stickies/announcments.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:50 pm

Arev wrote:

He typed in pink.

I use pink for all of my moderation posts/edits, so if you see pink text on someone else's post then it is probably mine.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith