Should we just scrap guild divisions?

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Should we just scrap guild divisions?

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Should we just scrap divisions? I'd like people to post their ideas, comments and suggestions, but here's my take on things.

As of now, Commanders/Captains, like any other players have obligations which cause them to quit SWG, take breaks, or just be unable to fulfill their designated objectives.

We struggled to get members signed up to these divisions and *actually* doing what is requested of them in their division... so I'm saying just be done with it and change the entire system. We have the Intel Team, Regal Army, Regal Navy and Commercial Company, but not enough dedicated individuals to even designate each one of these as divisions.

So I propose just getting RID of divisions, and just appointing "dignitaries" on a case by case basis. There won't necessarily be any minimum or maximum number of dignitaries in the guild, but I'd like there to be at least 3, and at most, 6. Basically these dignitaries would server similarly to our current Commanders/Captains, but they won't be a head of any specific division. They will simply be organizers, recruiters and motivators for the guild *in general*. So while a dignitary is more than welcome to make a push for space combat, no one will be obligated to push certain game-styles.

I will still have objectives for them to be fulfilled. Such as coordinating with whatever slicers we have to get rid of bases.

Dignitaries could maybe appoint Secretaries to assist in certain matters.

So the general hierarchy would be:

1.) Leader
2.) Dignitaries
3.) Secretaries
4.) General Members

Of course, the names can be changed around (dignitaries can be called administrators for example instead), but I want everyone thought on this system.

This way we don't have to dwell on what divisions are falling behind, but rather work together to help the guild as a whole.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:24 pm

I like it; it is simple and is definitely easy to implement. I suggest keeping the number of dignitaries very low, maybe three or four, then leave some room to add another dignitary if the need arises. Give your orders directly to these dignitaries, if they fail to accomplish the objective, then demote them to Secretary. Of course, the secretaries would be tasked with aiding the dignitaries in any way possible. If you treat the Secretary position as a "non-commissoned officer" then it is a way to reward hard working members, but they do not immediately receive immense responsibility (for the sake of both RID and the member). Secretary could be temporary, and then after a certain length of time (or after some action) they would have to be repromoted.

This, or something similar, would give RID structure, yet it would still be very flexible.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:27 pm

I wouldn't want to scrap the divisions all together. Just put them on the back burner for now and hold an aggressive recruitment drive soon. Once we have a solid network of consistent players, we can utilize the divisions again. I am in agreement about concentrating on what the guild as a whole needs though.

Perhaps a 'State of the Guild' address to outline what needs to be worked on, what's being worked on and how people can help.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:53 pm

Well, I'll probably wait until our fifth year anniversary to implement it, so that'll give us time to see if we can push these divisions to act to their fullest.

Certainly when Hoth comes out lots of RID's are going to flood online (lately development has been stagnant, so having a new instance to do will be nice) and our groups will be filled. Perhaps then will be a good time to discuss it further.

In the meantime, keep up the discussion. I'm still learning towards this new system, but we'll see how things go.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:28 pm

what is lacking is guild events, specifically getting people interested in joining them.

i dunno.
Apathy is Death.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:23 pm

Well, it's 20 days before our anniversary, and I've been working with an entertainer guild... so looks like that'll be good.

I'll need to get the guild pumped for the event, because their attendance will determine if this is a memorable occasion or a flop. I'd still like to acomplish certain goals by our fifth year anniversary, so if we can amass a slice team of BH's, Commandos, Officers, Medics and Smugglers (even if we need to rely on other guilds to help), we can take out bases.

I'm also about to begin filming and production of a recruitment video, so we'll need people involved for that as well.

Other than that, I'm hoping Hoth is high on the fun factor and replayability, because I look forward to organizing RID groups for those.

Didn't mean to go off track, but yeah we definitely need our members to get involved in those :D

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:46 am

Well, as you read from my PM to ya Lexx, I won't be able to make the anniversary. However, if you need any help with the video, let me know...I have every program needed to do the work with, plus, I'm pretty damn good at it if I do say so myself. Just let me know if ya need help so I can get those proggies on this new comp in time. I use Adobe and 3DS products if there is any compatability issues with you being able to edit things as well.

-Mikal

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:53 am

I think it's a good idea. It will regroup all members to one banner again. Maybe it can have a special section for Jedi or something like that or Generals, it can be cool.

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:07 pm

ill make the anniversary send me a tell IN GAME on the day lexx and il hop on my newbie starsider toon. also lexx for the heirarchy

Leader
Council (about 6-7ppl)
General Members.

all guilds ive seen work best this way.