Great job pilots!

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Erougn
Captain
Great job pilots!

Post by Erougn » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:42 am

Congratulations to all who participated in last night's PvP event.

We had a great turnout from RID, and it was possibly the funnest event yet. Despite the wait between rounds, the scale was truly epic. The Imps fielded three Gunships, and one YT-2400 (our very own Jewel of the fleet). The final score was 20-16, and the last kill that won it for us was the single most exciting attack I have ever seen in a POB event.

RID was given props by newsnet;

http://holo-news.blogspot.com/2008/02/imperials-defeat-rebel-fleet-in-deep.html

The people who flew had some great comments;

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=30&topic_id=603380

If you missed it, don't miss the next one. These events get better every week. This one had 90+ players.

If you were there, contact me in game for your medal.

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:41 am

Congrats guys. Now I definately need to get better hours lol.

Aerick-Fyonna

Post by Aerick-Fyonna » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:55 am

Next week I intend to show up with a crew already designated and with a training flight already under their belt. No other ship captain showed up with as many crew ready to go as I did, and they managed to poach away all but two of my crew. They then complained when I didn't take up the gunship, and complained when one of the pilots they poached away wasn't already an ace. Other than that, and the unneccesarily long wait between rounds was the only negative aspect of the night.

My crew, Tofuballl and Yjdeg, did a great job in sacrificing ourselves to defend the Cerberus, which was acting as our flagship. They managed to assist shooting down several Bwings, the enemy YT-1300 and Nova, and even the Vigo gunship. Tofu did a great job getting us up and running again after we were disabled in the third round.

Next week, if you have flown with me on the Jewel, the Beast, or attended one of my Sunday sessions, let me know if you will be available this coming Saturday, Mar 1st. RID will field at least one gunship, and as many Decimators as we have crew for. It will be a POB only event, no fighter support, which means the pace will probably be a little slower until we catch each other. Tonight, Warstory, who is the premiere expert on the Imperial gunship and tactics for it, will be our guest, and will critique my briefing, and provide feedback and pointers. If we have enough for a second crew, he will hopefully take up the Cerberus as well.

6PM EST tonight, Mos Espa starport. I will be logged on as Tieko-, so make sure he is added to your friend list.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:47 am

Sweet, yeah unless I'm needed for crew I can fly the decimator next week.

Definitely something for the RID history post...

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:45 pm

I was a little disappointed that I got pushed to be in a fighter. I don't know who's decision was that, but the only ship I had specced for PvP was my Oppressor, which I can't currently fly. After getting shot down with one hit a couple times in my interceptor and continually getting left behind by my flight wing because of my slower speed, I got frustrated and logged.

Anyway I won't be able to participate in any more events until I get back from Iraq in 8 months, because even if I get internet in my room again it will be too slow for space.

Bleh, I just had to get that off my chest.

Aerick-Fyonna

Post by Aerick-Fyonna » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:26 pm

Yeah that wasn't my call. I've let the powers that be know I will no longer give up any crew for any reason. I was the only gunship pilot that any semblance of a full crew at the designated time to show up. When do you leave for the Sandbox? We need to get you aced again before that.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:13 pm

Yeah, sorry to hear that Vincen.

Fyonna worked hard to put together a pretty good crew. Who was the person who told you to disband the crew?

I dont plan on hunting them down... *shifty eyes*

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:12 am

lol - don't worry about it. I'm over it now. Yeah, I'd like to get ace before I go back - Thursday is my last day before I start the long commute back to the sandbox. It shouldn't take too much longer - a couple hours in a POB ought to do it.

Aerick-Fyonna

Post by Aerick-Fyonna » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:45 am

Done. I am off til Wednesday, so we can get it done.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:03 am

I really wanted to fly in this one. I was at a science competition. Brought home gold in two events so that should make up for it.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Aerick-Fyonna

Post by Aerick-Fyonna » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:21 pm

Grats Apium, looks like it's true, geek is the new chic.

Montros

Post by Montros » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:09 am

Awsome job RID even though I don't currently play SWG this sounds like an awsome event in SWG history. And Congrats to RID for being noted as a key to victory. I hope to rejoin SWG and play with you all soon.

-Montros