My only problem with RID

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:56 pm

Wow, I go to work for a day and come home to a thread full of constructive arguments. Kudos to everyone!

On topic, I think both sides of the argument are right and wrong. Lexx hit the nail on the head when he noted that the recruitment process was too loose, but you can't lock it down too much. Locking it down would take away the uniqueness that is RID.

I think you need some kind of standard for new recruits. I don't know how the levels make an impact in the game, but you do need to set some sort of minimum level for new recruits. If a recruit can meet the level requirement, that will prove that they are at least interested enough in the game to pursue more, rather than some n00b who is here one minute and gone the next.

I also think a trial is a good idea as it gives the rest of the guild an idea of how the new recruit will meld with the guild. The only issue with this that those in charge of recruiting need to keep track of this, otherwise it is a waste of time.

Still, I think both sides have presented damn good arguments for the kinds of changes to be made. I do think that before you take the issue to the guild in-game you hammer out the details of what you specifically want to cover. Otherwise, your meeting will end up unorganized and you won't acomplish what you want. Go into the meeting with well defined changes that are desired, but also leave room for discussion. And above all, maintain order in the meeting. Boot anyone out of the meeting who can't maintain control.

And finally, all this talk makes me want to play SWG again. I'm almost at the point where I would but real life is too overwhelming...

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:02 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Wow, I go to work for a day and come home to a thread full of constructive arguments. Kudos to everyone!

On topic, I think both sides of the argument are right and wrong. Lexx hit the nail on the head when he noted that the recruitment process was too loose, but you can't lock it down too much. Locking it down would take away the uniqueness that is RID.

I think you need some kind of standard for new recruits. I don't know how the levels make an impact in the game, but you do need to set some sort of minimum level for new recruits. If a recruit can meet the level requirement, that will prove that they are at least interested enough in the game to pursue more, rather than some n00b who is here one minute and gone the next.

I also think a trial is a good idea as it gives the rest of the guild an idea of how the new recruit will meld with the guild. The only issue with this that those in charge of recruiting need to keep track of this, otherwise it is a waste of time.

Still, I think both sides have presented damn good arguments for the kinds of changes to be made. I do think that before you take the issue to the guild in-game you hammer out the details of what you specifically want to cover. Otherwise, your meeting will end up unorganized and you won't acomplish what you want. Go into the meeting with well defined changes that are desired, but also leave room for discussion. And above all, maintain order in the meeting. Boot anyone out of the meeting who can't maintain control.
And finally, all this talk makes me want to play SWG again. I'm almost at the point where I would but real life is too overwhelming...

The thing with a trial is that they might not wanna wait that long to officially get in the guild so they might just not try

Apium this means no hotpants...

and Kurke you can't you have to wait until I do then we can have a really big party!!!!!!

Vogik

Post by Vogik » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:18 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:
Kurke_Aumea wrote:Wow, I go to work for a day and come home to a thread full of constructive arguments. Kudos to everyone!

The thing with a trial is that they might not wanna wait that long to officially get in the guild so they might just not try
Then they dont deserve to be in RID

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:17 pm

I'll have to side with Vogik on that one :P

If they really wanted to join RID, they'd be willing to wait two weeks. Of course they *are* a RID member during the trial, it's simply a matter of if they stay a permanent member or not.

We do need to iron out the details before the guild meeting, because like Kurke, it becomes disorganized. It's easier to write out details on a more relaxed forum than during realtime... with everyone sheding their ideas at once.

Kurke, it would be cool to see you back to the game again, but I wont hold my breath :oops: