Modified Year 3 and 4 History post to be put up

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:42 am

I'm still nowhere to be found...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:I'm still nowhere to be found...

Waucod buy a computer. You can buy a desktop for around 500 dollars that can run SWG wonderfully. The notebook I'm buying for college is only costing 1500 dollars for 2 gb of DDR2 ram, 2.98 GHz intel 2 duo processor, a 7950 GT Nvidia Go, 120 GB 7200 RPM harddrive. That would have cost 3000 dollars if not more when you started complaining about your computer 2 years ago. The prices have come down tremendously. Strike a deal with your parents.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Apium wrote:

Waucod buy a computer. You can buy a desktop for around 500 dollars that can run SWG wonderfully. The notebook I'm buying for college is only costing 1500 dollars for 2 gb of DDR2 ram, 2.98 GHz intel 2 duo processor, a 7950 GT Nvidia Go, 120 GB 7200 RPM harddrive. That would have cost 3000 dollars if not more when you started complaining about your computer 2 years ago. The prices have come down tremendously. Strike a deal with your parents.

If you cough up some up some shipping and handling charges I can send you my old computer which may or may not still work (it sat in my car for a few months, but I've been gentle with it).
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:02 pm

i need to get back and DO something to get me into the History of RID :( ..Thats if I'm still in the guild o.0

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:10 pm

Kurke Aumea wrote:
Apium wrote:

If you cough up some up some shipping and handling charges I can send you my old computer which may or may not still work (it sat in my car for a few months, but I've been gentle with it).

Orly? You've peaked my interest... speak some more or just pm me...

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Dragonus wrote:i need to get back and DO something to get me into the History of RID :( ..Thats if I'm still in the guild o.0

I dunno anymore... lol

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:35 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:Orly? You've peaked my interest... speak some more or just pm me...

I have my old computer and I haven't decided what to do with it yet. I believe it is a P4 2.8 GHz processor (I'd have to check, but it's over 2GHz), 2GB RAM, a GeForce 5900FX 256MB video card, and a few other bells and whistles (acryllic glass side panel, light up blue bars on the front, etc.). It's been sitting around collecting dust in my computer room and in my car. I need to boot it up to make sure it still works though. I think I might steal the hard drives out of it too. So a hard drive would be all you needed for it.

It's older too (like three or four years, but still runs SWG pretty good), so some of the lighted fans don't completely light up and the light tubes inside of it no longer work (one out of two is dead for sure). I built it myself, so you'd have to put up with some of my custom modifications inside (zip ties to get cables out of the way and stuff). At this point I just want it out of my room and would be willing to get rid of it if as long as I didn't have to pay for anything (shipping & handling). And remember, this is as-is with no support from me. I don't make a guarantee on the condition of its arrival after shipment either. If the devliery guy were to drop it, not my fault.

Let me know what you think and I'll think about what I want to do with it.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:27 pm

That destroys my current rig. I really need to get that new notebook soon.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:04 pm

Apium wrote:That destroys my current rig. I really need to get that new notebook soon.

Well it is a desktop that I made for playing computer games about four years ago. Laptops just aren't meant to be desktops. My current machine is a big step up compared to my last one, but it's already a year old.

Waucod
Warrant Officer II

Post by Waucod » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:42 pm

so what would it cost me in shipping you think?