SWG Jeopardy!!!

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:33 pm

It's unfortunate the City Hall doesnt have an admin list. But I would be happy to decorate the guild hall just for this. I can make you admined in it too. We can remove the fountain which is inside temporarily to put chairs and the board. Good to see we have all 3 contestants too.

Lexx

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:43 pm

Thanks Lexx. The guild hall should do nicely. I just hope the ceiling is high enough for the board I made!!! :lol:

How many chairs do you think we will need??? I want anyone who is in the audience to be sitting in chairs, but I am unsure how many people will show up. I was thinking somewhere between 20 and 40 chairs. Anyone think my estimation is way off??? Give me an idea of how many people you think will show up.

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:25 pm

Well I could take half the chairs from the City Hall. Also, do you want me to post on the Starsider Forums about this? If you do, tell me when we can post the message. It will encourage more members to join too. And I think the board should fit lol.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:33 pm

Taking chairs from city hall will work if you don't mind putting them back in there. And yes, I would love to post this on the Starsider forums. But I am going to hold off on it until maybe Monday or so. I should have a good idea of whether or not I can make the tentative date by Monday.

Hehehe, it's a really tall board. lol.

Also, let me know when you make me an admin on the guild hall. When you do, I will begin decorating.

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:27 pm

I will admin you next time I head over to the guild hall. I wouldnt mind putting the chairs back, and hopefully there is room for the board lol.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:33 pm

Bad news all.

Due to some real life events and the current state of events in the guild, I have decided to push back the date for Jeopardy until Saturday, July 24th. I am going to wait to poast a time until we arrive closer to the date.

Why am I pushing back Joepardy. As I mentioned, some real life events have popped up. Also, the guild is also in a frenzied state. With defection of one member and a couple of others on the chopping block, is the guild ready to host a player event??? Not at the moment. Things will probably change before the end of the week within the guild, but I think we need a little cool off time before we go jumping into hosting a player event.

I also realize that those contestants who signed up may not be able to make the new date. That is fine, but please let me know whether or not you can attend. I will also be recruiting some backup contestants for Jeopardy should the primary ones not be able to make the event. This way, we are assured 3 contestants. So, if there is anyone else interested in participating as a contestant, please respond to this message.

Once again, I am sorry for the postponement, but I feel it is necessary for the time being.

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:36 am

It's only best. Whatever works out is fine, I can probobly make it in time for the new date I hope :)

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Hey all, I just want to confirm that the current contestants are lined up for Jeopardy. Also, if there is anyone who wants to be a backup contestant, please respond to this post.

BTW, Jeopardy is being scheduled for Saturday night at 9:00pm eastern standard time. All who can attend, please do so.

I hope I get everything done by then. Hehehe.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:05 pm

Woot, I should be able to make it :D
I will get the chairs in there soon.

I think 10 should suffice.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:53 pm

i will be able to go. yay!
green rodians rule at jeoprody.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:24 pm

I have just finished up the trivia questions for Jeopardy. Now all I have to do is make macors for them to speed up the game.

All of the trivia questions come from the Classic Trilogy. Just to make life a little easier, I am going to list the six categories for jeopardy.

1. People
2. Places
3. Numbers
4. Ships and Mounts
5. Special Species
6. Return of the Jedi

Good luck to the contestants and be sure to study up.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:11 am

Alright, I have gotten word from a few guild members that they cannot attend this weekend. So, should we still have jeopardy this weekend or sometime next week. If we have it next week we have more time to spam the hell out of the Starsider forums and maybe we can get a Dev to attend the event. Let me know what you think.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:20 am

I wouldnt mind the day changes. Just cant make it any time Friday night. Me and some other membes can advertise on the forums, and also in-game using planet chat.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:59 pm

By the way. The guild hall is now completely decorated for Jeopardy. Thanks to those who helped out setting up, I really appreciate it. Please take a swing over to the guild hall and let me know what you think of it. If any of you have any suggestions for adding stuff.... well, the guild hall is at its item limit, so I can't really add too many more things... and so is the mall... and so is my house... Hehe, in case you can't tell I had to move some things from the guild hall to other places and I am still out of room. But, the good news is that the guild hall looks really cool and I encourage everyone to stop by.

Also, if there are any chefs out there, please let me know. I have set up a small bar for the occasion and I would like to set up a vendor that sells drinks. Anyone interested, please let me know.

bizob

Post by bizob » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:13 pm

the guild hall looks fantastic. the game board is really impressive. alot of hard work and imagination went into this for sure.