Fan Films

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Fan Films

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:52 pm

If you talk to any of my friends, they'll tell you that I'm a sucker for fan films. I thought some people here would have some good ones they know of. Here are a few of my favorites.

Art of the Saber
This one is CRAZY! They fighting in this one is better than in some of the actual movies imho.

I.M.P.S.
This one is the best looking fan film I've seen yet and is by far my favorite. Its intro shows the power and glory of the Empire. Dramatic music, suspense, action, and comedy. It should be required watching for all guild members :)
Also, the one on the link is just chapter 1, there are more to come :D

Tydirium
Ok, now this one looks INCREDIBLE. I know its not done yet, but the trailers are really good.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:04 am

In regards to I.M.P.S., the opening is pretty damn cool but after that, things kind of fall off. The film is good and the script is good, but some of the acting and effects (post-intro) leave a little to be desired. I dunno, maybe after such a grand intro, I wanted a little bit better blue/green screen work. For a fan film, I'd give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Of course, when you stick it up against a film like TROOPS, you can see why I'm so critical. TROOPS is easily one of the best fan films ever made.

http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms/shortfilms/troops/

Of course, I.M.P.S. is a good fan film and I really look forward to seeing more chapters in the series as they are completed.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:07 am

Yeah, the intro is what does it for me. And were these creatures that were with Fett just predators like from the movie?

Yes, Troops is definitely an awesome one as well. I think they made it into the guiness book of world records for something.

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:46 am

:cry: my comp won't seem to download any of the fanfilms so i can't watch it

Ty'e X'lor

Post by Ty'e X'lor » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:12 pm

The Predator and Aliens exist in the same universe as Star Wars? AWESOME!!!