Future Non-Combat Events

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel
Future Non-Combat Events

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:18 pm

As you may or may not know, I have begun planning on SWG Jeopardy. This will be held near the middle of July. But what to do after July??? I would like to hold monthly non-combat events open to everyone in SWG (imperial, rebel, and neutral).

In August I would like to propose a Swoop Race. Perhaps near the beginning or end of the month (I am going on vacation for a week in the middle of the month and I don't want to miss this event). We could have five divisions for each different type of transportation: Landspeeder, Speederbike, Swoop, Creature, and Foot divisions. There are different types of races we could hold. Each type requiring a different amount of guild participation.

Click here to read up on hosting races!

Any suggestions on this idea? Ideas for September?

Please respond back.

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:16 pm

Hey Kurke, thanks for that link. These races are another perfect way to advertise RID too. I have the waypoints for the Mos Espa Pod Racer Track. I even heard they added badges for the person who beats the record. Large scale racing events would be perfect. We could also have an entrance fee, and there could be one main prize at the end.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:21 am

racing sounds fun

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:44 am

kool didnt no there was a pod racing thing....but do u have to use pods?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:52 am

Nah, there isn't any pod racing hehe. But racing with the different bikes, creatures and other speeders would be fun.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:30 pm

Great fun indeed. Should we use the existing Mos Espa circuit or create our own??? Suggestions anyone???

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:55 pm

why dont we send out a scout to find one of the best trails? they can make it a wp and send it to u. Also, maybe we can go to corellia and have a swimming race or even a fishing contest lol
Your friendly neighborhood Idiot,
Tele

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:26 pm

Hey, I have the Espa track. I even heard the DEVS implemented badges for beating the record. I have all the WP's, I would just need to send them to the guild.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:30 pm

The Espa track will work. The problem is, how do we know if a racer has been to a checkpoint or not. If you read over the article in that link i posted, it lists some ways on how to force the racers to each checkpoint. Of course, each way of doing it involved a different amount of guild participation. Let me know which method you guys think is best.

Also, how much money in prizes should we give away??? How much for 1st? 2nd? 3rd?

Let me know your thoughts.

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:26 pm

Prizes could be creds, a medal, and some nifty item. Dont know for sure. And maybe we could have one person per check point, although it might prove a little difficult for them to record who zooms by 50 miles per hour. It would be fun to do however, and I would love to do it. I will delve more into how to do speeder races.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:17 pm

If we do credits, how much for 1st? 2nd? 3rd?

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:25 pm

Hmm, credits might not work to well. This is what I say we do.
Well, first of all, how many should participate? I am going to pretend 15 for this example.

We have an entrance fee of 1,000 for example. That means we get 15k. Once the three winners win, we could equally divide the credits. With the best winner getting more than the lower ones. OR, we could have it so all 15k goes to RID, and the winners get somthing of equal or more value. I havn't figure what. We can give medals, maybe a piece of armor of faction item. I could get 3 faction items for the winners :D

Maybe an Imperial Desk or other faction furniture. (Normally cheapest)
Or we could give craftable items. Like a medium or large house or composite armo piece.

Best I can think of, lol
Lexx

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:14 am

Sounds interesting. I don't mind giving out credits as long as i can afford it. I mean, which would you rather have? a desk or some credits?

I don't know, I would choose credits, but I don't know what others would want.

Let me know what you think.

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:43 am

I am just packing to leave now. So this is my last post on the forum for now :D

The desk is better in my opinion. It costs 700 FP and one person bought mine for 250k. I am starting a business on them, lol :)

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:40 am

They sell for that much?!?!?!

Sheesh, remind me to stick to selling those things. Do they always sell for that much money???

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea