SWG Jeopardy!!!

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel
SWG Jeopardy!!!

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:06 am

Are you a Star Wars trivia nut?!?!?! Think you are good enough to play for credits?!?!?! Well, at the start of next week (the week starting July 4th) I will begin planning for SWG Jeopardy. The game will be open to any RID guild member, but anyone (guilded, non-guilded, imperial, rebel, or neutral) may attend. All questions will be Star Wars and Star Wars Galaxies trivia. All prizes won will be real credits!!! I will need three contestants. If you are interested in being a contestant, please respond to this messae requesting to be one. Should more than three people apply, a randm drawing will determine the contestants. I also need one or two people to help me set up and run the game (building the game board, setting up the stage, keeping score, etc.). I want this to have a sense of realism to it, so it will take some work.

I would like to hold this in a large building, perhaps the city hall (since it already has seats and is fairly large). Also, if you are interested in attending, please respond to this message as well. If there is not going to be enough people in attendance for this, I won't waste my time setting it all up.

Also, as you may or may not know, I am going on vacation from Friday night through Tuesday afternoon. I will not be able to begin planning for Jeopardy until I get back, so expect SWG Jeopardy to happen somewhere around the middle of the July. I also plan on making this a monthly event. Perhaps not just Jeopardy, but other games as well.

Got ideas, suggestions, or concerns??? Then please respond!!!

Your friendly architect (and game show host),
Kurke Aumea

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:02 am

Sounds like a great idea. I would be happy to decorate the city hall for this game. It would also be a good idea for us all to post this on the SWG Starsider forums to let non-guildies know. I will also let some RID's know in-game if they dont read here.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:30 pm

Thanks for the help Lexx. I would like to recommend holding off on announcing it in the Starsider forums until I set a final date. The only reason I don't know a final date yet is because I am unsure how long the setup will take for this event. There is going to be a lot of organizing involved and I don't want to do this half-@$$.

Also, I need to find an efficient way to keep score. At the moment I was planning on having a separate score keeper to track the scores and announce them every 5 questions or so. But, if anyone has an idea on how to be more efficient about it, please let me know.

Another thing, should there be a regular Jeopardy round and then final jeopardy or should we have a regular jeopardy round, double jeopardy, and then final jeopardy? The reason I ask is because of time. Since every question has to be typed out and read, this is going to take longer than the TV show. And, I don't really think this should take more than an hour or so.

Any ideas or suggestions, please let me know!!!

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 am

I would like to be a contestant Kurke

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:25 pm

Contestant #1 is signed up.

Contestant #1: Iwooko
Contestant #2: ?
Contestant #3: ?

Any more takers???

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:26 pm

Here is my next problem: Should the host & contestants speak on the spatial chat channel and have the audience chat on private/guild channels OR should the host & contestants speak on a special Jeopardy channel and everyone else can speak on any other channel?

The problem with the first option is that anyone can speak in the spatial chat and therefore everyone can see it. This would make it hard to see responses by the host and contestants int he chat box. By making a Jeopardy only chat channel, we can make sure that only host and contestants speak there. But, by doing that there are no chat bubbles which takes away from the reality of the event. Also, unless we keep giving out directions, people will have a hard time finding the Jeopardy chat channel.

ATM, I think the host and contestants should post all their responses in the spatial chat and ask that everyone else please use /tell and private/guild chat channels for all other communications during the game.

Your thoughts?

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:20 pm

Hmm good question. The seperate Jeopardy Channel would be good only like you said, it would be annoying to explain it all. It would really have to be your decision. I think using /tells nad typing in the private guild channels like you said would work best.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:50 am

Im in kurke, sounds fun ill join but make it over a weekend or around 8pm on a weekday (i go to camp) and make sure u keep it in the middle of july (vacation lol) btw, when u say REAL credits, do u mean we get a cash payment irl? lol jk
Your friendly neighborhood idiot,
Tele

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:29 pm

Great Telemchus. Now all we need is a thrid contestant.

Contestant #2: Telemchus
Contestant #3: ?

Also, I still need a scorekeeper for the game itself. I can do it, but I am already hosting the event (I play Alex Tribeck), which means that if I keep score, the game will take much longer. So, anyone who is good with adding and subtracting, feel free to sign up for this position.

At the moment, I am aiming for either July 16 or 17 which is a Friday and Saturday. The game would be around 9pm hopefully. This is all tentative and depends how much work we can get done between now and then. For example: the game board needs finished, city hall needs decorated, trivia questions must be created, I am creating macros for the questions to speed up the event as well, and I have to dig up enough credits to pay off the winners.

Speaking of credits, all credits earned by the game contestants is what they are awarded. Earn 10k credits in the game and you get 10k credits. Anyone finishing in the negative column will get a consolation prize of 1K credits. There are no other prizes. Only credits can be won.

I do plan on having a prize event where people can win prizes like swoops and houses later on this year, perhaps in september or october. Please see my other thread on that topic.

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:15 pm

For me, I would prefer Saturday night. Its 9:00 Eastern correct? Well I normally dont play Friday nights, however if its on a Saturday I could be a score-keeper. I got my good ol' caluclator beside me.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:07 pm

Yes, that would be 9:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. I am still debating a day though. I am still aiming for Saturday, the 17th, but will that give us enough time to advertise the event??? What do you think?

Also, I have set up a demo of the Jeopardy board inside the RID Mall. Please go check it out and tell me what you think. If i get some positive feedback on it, i will get to work on the board right away. After that I need trivia questions. Anyone with some good SW trivia questions please send them to me in a private message. And, since credits are to be won, I need credits to give away. Anyone want to donate??? Hehehe.

And I am still looking for a THIRD CONTESTANT!!! One more contestant and we will be all set.

Thoughts??? Ideas??? Please respond.

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:08 pm

Alright everyone, we have contestant #3!!!

Contestant #2: Telemchus
Contestant #3: Skaarj

Thanks Skaarj for volunteering.

Also, I have good news. The game board is complete, which means we are one step closer to having the Jeopardy game.

Also, I have bad news. Lexx has pointed out to me that he can't give me admin rights to city hall. While this is disappointing, I will attempt to either hold the game in the guild hall or in a large house. Speaking of large houses, if anyone has a large house they want to donate to me, let me know.

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:41 am

cant you just make on? ur an architect right?

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:41 am

cant you just make on? ur an architect right?

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:02 pm

Call me lazy... :lol:

Actually, by making it myself it takes time away from getting everything else ready: trivia questions, macros, more decorations, etc. Plus, I am not sure how rigorous my school and work schedule will be next week. So, if I get realy busy next week, I may not have time to craft the large house.

By the way, anyone know where I can find 40 Star Wars trivia questions without having to search too far??? I want to try and get them all before too much longer. And the more I have to search, the less time I have to set up for the event.

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea