The Server: A proposition

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

artimaes
The Server: A proposition

Post by artimaes » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:49 pm

I wanted to propose real fast before the game takes off that the guild perhaps switch over to the Jung Ma server. I know it's selfish, asking the guild to move over to my server. But the thing is, it's one of the very few RP-PvP servers in the game. I'd move over to the guild if ther guild was on the type of server that I always play on, but frankly I disagree with the idea of not being able to attack the enemy without thier permission and so I simply cannot abide a PvE server of any type. I know I've made the plea before to try and establish ourselves on an RP-PvP server, but I'm going to make it one more time before we become too well-established to consider it. I'll throw in a character on whatever server RID is on, but my main will remain on the type of server that supports my play style. I just hope that the membership desires the same style of play: Roleplaying in a war. Hear my plea. I do not want to be only a minor part of the guild anymore.
Life is service, brothers. Live well, serve well.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: The Server: A proposition

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:08 pm

I'm really not sure at this point. It would seem like more of a hassle moving over there right now.

But there could always be the possibility of forming a cross-server guild there in the future. I wouldn't be against that possibility.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:25 pm

At this point we have eight people playing, most of whom are in their high teens and early twenties. Asking everyone to pickup and move to another server is just not feasible on this point. It would likely cause more problems than it's worth. Sorry man. :( Feel free to make an alt though!

artimaes

Post by artimaes » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm sorry if it offends, but....8 people in the late teens to early twenties? We have been playing at the most for five days! Five days progress, and especially when for some it is the first time through the content on that character type, is not a huge loss. I would have been willing to redo five days progress like it was nothing. But, I understand that everyone is pretty attached to thier characters already. It's just...how you make the point. Five days progress? That's not a very good reason. Having already made the decision after long deliberation as I already know is the case and not wanting to change it, paired with the fact that almost all the current membership is already playing on the server is a much better way of making the point. Seriously....five days progress....

I just had to say it. It had to be said. No offense, I make fun of my friends more than my enemies. After all, the point of making fun is...fun. But seriously, five days? I'll see you guys around. I'll get in touch for an invite as soon as I make my guy.
Life is service, brothers. Live well, serve well.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:33 pm

No offense taken.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:50 pm

Yeah, I understand why you would want to go to the RP server, the only problem is that we posted to every one already that we are are on Sith Wyrm. It would take time to pick up the pieces and move. Wish you would have made your wishes known sooner, like before they locked us in on our server. I am not passing the blame, and I am not saying we can't move, all I am asking is look at it from a point of view of the possiblity of leaving others behind who may not see this in time and we would have a mess. As for being called a early 20 year old, well when you are my age you concider that a compliment...don't go throwing stones at my older age either, I can pick up bigger ones than you!!!!

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:31 am

Haha, I was talking about your level. ;)

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Uh huh, sure you were talking about that.