Who are you?

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Which do you prefer more?

Poll ended at Fri May 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Roleplay
20%
Space
40%
Both
40%

Total votes: 10

Corvallon
Who are you?

Post by Corvallon » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:25 pm

Once upon a time I was a heavy roleplayer and spacer. Cor actually started his Imperial career as a pilot and then a Stormtrooper. I miss both and would to pick these elements up again. I'd like to know how many of us are into space and roleplay. If there's enough interest in these I will try to make sure we have a couple events each week.

Best,
Cor.

Ahasya

Post by Ahasya » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:36 pm

I would love to learn to be a better roleplayer. Have done some roleplaying off and on, but not enough to feel that I have the hang of it yet.

As far as space goes...I am the kind of gal that perfers her feet kept on the ground. However, I don't mind going up as a gunner once and awhile. As long as I am not flying, for you don't want to see me fly a ship. :lol:

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Ahasya wrote:I would love to learn to be a better roleplayer. Have done some roleplaying off and on, but not enough to feel that I have the hang of it yet.

As far as space goes...I am the kind of gal that perfers her feet kept on the ground. However, I don't mind going up as a gunner once and awhile. As long as I am not flying, for you don't want to see me fly a ship. :lol:

Thanks for the reply. Bovive wants to learn the art of rp too. Space, like rp, can be worked on. We're all horrible at first. :D

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:52 pm

I voted Space because RPing isn't not for me lol. IF I was an RP I would always be OOC hahaha

Maybe I need some lesson lol

Seras

Post by Seras » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:31 pm

I'm both... but mostly space. I RP off and on. granted I need to get back in the cockpit really bad

SkyeLine

Post by SkyeLine » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Neither wasn't available. That's discrimination ;)

klaceo

Post by klaceo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:45 am

i love space...i was never much to RP, but, i can play along. I can be a lot of fun. Though if folks take to seriously, then, its that all that cool

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:54 pm

SkyeLine wrote:Neither wasn't available. That's discrimination ;)

We Imps are the discriminating sort.

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:09 pm

Since there appears to be interest in both I think we should put our brains together and come up with some regular events. Bo mentioned storytelling and I liked this idea. Also, we are an Imperial guild, so it's natural and easy for us to do Stormtrooper roleplay. We will NOT patrol Mos Eisley. Places like Theed, Coronet, Dearic and Nashal come to mind. Another idea is the formation of a proper space squadron.

/Discuss

Ahasya

Post by Ahasya » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:57 pm

I like the idea of storytelling too. I feel that it may make it easier for people to get into the role of roleplaying..if that makes any sense. :? Thank you for saying we will NOT patrol Mos Eisley. Already way too much going on there.

As far as space goes, getting a squadron together I think is a good idea. Have a event planned weekly maybe to help keep it in the mix of things. As said though would rather be a gunner, but would maybe be willing to fly once in awhile. Have to see. :wink:

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:16 pm

Get in touch with Resha/Ramona if you want to test the waters with space RP. She runs an event every Tuesday out of the Neutron Pixies' Cantina (forget the name). It is a well-established event (2 years or so), and has a lot of regulars.

EDIT: If you have problems contacting 'mona, let me know. I still have a bunch of the regulars on my friends list.

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:34 am

Ahasya wrote:I like the idea of storytelling too. I feel that it may make it easier for people to get into the role of roleplaying..if that makes any sense. :? Thank you for saying we will NOT patrol Mos Eisley. Already way too much going on there.

As far as space goes, getting a squadron together I think is a good idea. Have a event planned weekly maybe to help keep it in the mix of things. As said though would rather be a gunner, but would maybe be willing to fly once in awhile. Have to see. :wink:

Special air mask, you get. 8)

Owebb

Post by Owebb » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:58 pm

I am a 7 time ace pilot on my Tempest Owebb, 1 time ace on Starsider Owebb, and I am on my tier 4 exit mission with Chadenn. I would be interested in learning the nuances of role-playing, although not really hardcore RP.

Cheers,
Owebb

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Owebb wrote:I am a 7 time ace pilot on my Tempest Owebb, 1 time ace on Starsider Owebb, and I am on my tier 4 exit mission with Chadenn. I would be interested in learning the nuances of role-playing, although not really hardcore RP.

Cheers,
Owebb

I'll defiantly be looking to you for space help. I'll teach you to rp. We'll trade off.

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:37 pm

I asked Ramona to add Corvallon to her mailing list for the RP space events. I was mistaken, it's Mondays not Tuesdays.

She'll send you a mail letting you in on the details, if you would prefer the mail sent to a different toon (or if I misspelled Corvallon), let her know.