Unfriendly neighbors?

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Unfriendly neighbors?

Post by Arev » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:08 am

For those of you that don't know, I offered to open up Fort Keen to SD-O (Stormtrooper Detachment Omega), the RP PA that Dila now belongs to. I contacted their leader, stated my terms (you can move in, but you must support me as mayor), and eagerly waited a reply. He declined the offer, instead saying he found a new city. "That's ok too," I thought.

As I was heading back to Fort Keen to log and I see a Shuttleport Camp to the southwest. I load over there and discover SD-O's 'town' that they found was none other than their own! Am I wrong to feel insulted by this action? I believe that part of the reason why they chose that particular spot was because of it's heavy concentration of Imperial facilities/bases (which Kio and I single-handedly produced, thank you very much) and the Imperial Detainment Center.

I don't know. To me, that's like being invited to a party, being offered a dozen expensive drinks and then saying, "No thanks, I brought my own," while opening up a can of 7-Up.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:08 am

Yah, kinda strange. I really don't know why they would try to start a new city, even with the purge I don't think we are going to see a great reduction in the caps. Likely they will never achieve a decent city rank. I wouldn't take it too personal, but I probably wouldn't trust them if they come running back to you.

Jonem
Master Sergeant

Re: Unfriendly neighbors?

Post by Jonem » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Arev wrote:For those of you that don't know, I offered to open up Fort Keen to SD-O (Stormtrooper Detachment Omega), the RP PA that Dila now belongs to. I contacted their leader, stated my terms (you can move in, but you must support me as mayor), and eagerly waited a reply. He declined the offer, instead saying he found a new city. "That's ok too," I thought.

As I was heading back to Fort Keen to log and I see a Shuttleport Camp to the southwest. I load over there and discover SD-O's 'town' that they found was none other than their own! Am I wrong to feel insulted by this action?

Um..Over react more please.

And your little analogy thing at the end was pointless. Maybe the person prefers 7-up over the hosts bullshit expensive beverages.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:15 pm

perhaps it's just a test?
Apathy is Death.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:50 am

Jonem wrote:And your little analogy thing at the end was pointless. Maybe the person prefers 7-up over the hosts bullshit expensive beverages.

The illustration isn't about preference, it's about taking what is offered not insulting the host's hospitality. So, yes, it's completely relevant to my point.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:53 am

Arev wrote:
Jonem wrote:And your little analogy thing at the end was pointless. Maybe the person prefers 7-up over the hosts bullshit expensive beverages.

The illustration isn't about preference, it's about taking what is offered not insulting the host's hospitality. So, yes, it's completely relevant to my point.

I agree, I didn't see anything wrong with the post. I found the analogy quite entertaining actually.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:41 am

Yeah, seriously Jonem, you need to chill and quit being so hostile in threads.

Personally, I think the situation is kind of weird, though whatever floats their boat I guess. I don't know much about SD-O, but Dila'ae is kind of crazy to be honest.

Jonem
Master Sergeant

Post by Jonem » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:53 pm

LexxYovel wrote:but Dila'ae is kind of crazy to be honest.

I love you on like..a whole new level. <3

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:06 pm

LexxYovel wrote:Yeah, seriously Jonem, you need to chill and quit being so hostile in threads.

Yeah RID needs to remain a haven where I can post and be happy. I can't seem to post anywhere else on the internet without getting into big arguments about pointless stuff like religion. lol

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:43 pm

*Goes to start a thread on religion*

Jonem
Master Sergeant

Post by Jonem » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:05 pm

*goes to be more "hostile" in said religion thread*

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:10 pm

Instead of being insulted, maybe you should talk to the leader again. Maybe they had decided to do this before you asked? There is no reason to get upset over something like this, it doesn't seem like it will get in RID's way.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:18 pm

Everyone has been pretty chill lately. I think Kurke and I are both experiencing some thread-locking and post-deleting withdrawal.

Someone go start that thread on religion so I can get my fix.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:17 am

Hey Apium... at least you have those powers... Lexx has never granted me that ability and I've been here longer than you.

I remember when you were just a little baby. So cute!!!

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:26 am

Xoseh wrote:Instead of being insulted, maybe you should talk to the leader again. Maybe they had decided to do this before you asked? There is no reason to get upset over something like this, it doesn't seem like it will get in RID's way.

Funny you should mention that, I talked to Dila about the whole situation and he just said they thought it was better idea to have their own city. But, come on, right next door to the guy that offered to let you live in their city - no matter how you cut that cake, that's insulting - and they've put down buildings halfway between Fort Keen and Imperia (their city). This could be just a way to determine 'borders', or whatever.

But, Kaliban (the SD-O leader) made posts in both the SWG Starsider forum and SSG asking for a city to move into.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bent out of shape about this. I don't waste every waking minute plotting revenge or adding names to my city ban list. I just don't like being insulted, and this does look sucipious with the big question, "Why?"