RP Division Feedback

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:35 pm

I like the idea of placing a good portion of RID's roleplayers into a single storyline. With that being said, should there not be a vote or at least a forum first? Roleplayers are a very diverse population. Obviously, not everyone can do whatever they want, but they should at least be able to influence the story out of character before it begins.

Why not make an actual roleplay division instead of the "826th Stormtrooper Corps?" Yes, start out with the "826th" but in a pre-determined amount of time change the story or add a new element. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of stormtrooper roleplay but I could do it for a month or two if it was with RID. Eventually, I'm just not going to want to play a stormtrooper anymore. The glory of roleplay is that you can be who you want to be at that moment. In real life, I'm a college student and everyday I am a college student, same name, same classes, same everything. I would not want to go in game and be TK-768 everyday.

Perhaps you are completely set with stormtrooper roleplay, then occasionally throw an event that would allow outside roleplayers to participate as rebels, criminals, and the like. At least then the story would change and members of RID would feel united in a single (roleplay) cause.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Dila'ae

Post by Dila'ae » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:04 pm

No, you will not be locked IC. You have a choice to join the Stormtrooper division. This is for people who are purely interested in roleplaying a Stormtrooper and doing it professionally. We will rarely turn people down only because they should get to know RP better and the canon lore. Which we would be more than happy to help out with. As I mentioned in the meeting Wookieepedia is an ideal place for just that. It has EVERYTHING you need to know about the Empire there.

As for the pilots/navy of RID, I've been getting the idea that they're getting left out, and I am sorry but this is only Stormtrooper canon roleplay for Fort Keen. - Though this should incourage the Navy Roleplayers to make another hybird division specifically for the navy.

To reply to Apium above, we're only looking for dedicated roleplayers that would be able to roleplay as a Stormtrooper when called apon for events. This is why I ask people to only join if they know they're going to have fun RPing as a Stormtrooper.

And I also believe that a RP division in RID will blast RID into the roleplaying community, which is very large on Starsider.

Dila'ae

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:15 pm

Okay how about this. Arev and Dila'ae should converse with one another and form this division, to see how it picks up. We wont make it an official division of our heirarchy, but if the division picks up and works effectively, we'll give official Commander/Captain responsibilities, and list your division as a specific part of our structure.

So right now, compile a list of divisions members in your in-game notepad. Keep me updated of your divisions progress, and if it works effectively, we can make it official. This way we don't go out of our way to change all of our stickied posts and in-game titles before it's certain this works.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:18 pm

Thank you very much, Lexx! We won't let you down.

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:56 pm

I like the ideas that have been kicked back and forth. I love to rp, but my focus lately has been on making Cor competitive with the 12 yr old Rebs toting big guns. :D Cor began his service to His Majesty as a pilot so I'd love to see a squadron.

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:09 pm

I'm willing to become RID's Inquisitor. 8)