Loot Guidelines

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:43 pm

We'll have to wait for amaroo to tell us her idea's concerning the PvP subdivision before we get too far with that. So moving on to one of the most touchy subjects up here, the looting guidelines. I'm in favor of keeping it simple.

For an RID official group led by an officer
-Random will be used on normal mobs
-Lotto will be used on bosses
-Master loot will be used when it is necessary to prevent bugging or overspawns
-Dice will be used when lotto fails for some reason
-No calling loot
-Anyone arguing over loot will receive one warning, after that they will be removed from the group.
-If no one needs the loot, the leader can decide to lotto it or sell it and distribute the credits to everyone in the group (or if everyone agrees the loot can be saved for someone else on the terms of the group who looted the item.)

How does that sound?
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:00 pm

This seems to always be a heated topic, so I figured it deserves its own thread so we don't hijack the Army Division thread.
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:38 pm

seems fair.
Apathy is Death.

Barney

Post by Barney » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:27 pm

These ideas all follow a simple "Need before Greed" theory that most people in groups actually do follow. All this is pretty much what Lexx told us months ago at a guild meeting, which I'd written up for the guild, and which we've been trying to do now since that time. It works, for the most part.

I'm reaching a VERY strong level of ZERO TOLERANCE with people complaining about loot drops and "fairness". We've pretty much removed a large group of our guild recently for causing or increasing drama over group looting in the past few weeks (one of the reasons our guild looks kinda thin right now) and I think most people know by now not to mess with me in this issue in any groups I'm running.

:evil:

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:03 pm

/modmodeon

Please do not post in this if you are not a member of RID or do not play the game. There is absolutely nothing pertinent you could add to the discussion.

/modmodeoff

Kalice- Master Architect

Jonem
Master Sergeant

Post by Jonem » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:36 pm

Everyone that has posted in this topic is a member of RID :o Koiet is new..If it wasnt directed at koiet and you deleted posts..okay :P

I deleted the post

-Apium

Barney

Post by Barney » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:35 pm

I kinda figured that's what he meant

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:55 pm

One person buys a stack of 10-sided dice and rolls for everyone in the group, nobody can complain, problem solved.

Barney

Post by Barney » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:16 am

hey Toor, is there some exploit or issue with Lotto? I've been seeing a lot of situations where one person seems to win 2-3 lotto rolls in a row. Not sure how that seems to happen but it does bug me. Thing is, it's happened to me personally in groups too, and I know I'm not doing anything to make it happen.

Waucod
Warrant Officer II

Post by Waucod » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:21 am

Could you pass the dice around after each roll to a different person to roll it?
2030 + however many I have now...

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:47 am

I think Apium's rules are simple and to the point. They are also exactly how I run my groups, so works for me :P

But there's one thing I dont understand. Why do people seem to prefer rolling for items rather than lotto? The way I see it, it's more difficult for someone to give away a rolled item when they already looted it. If it's lotto, it just goes to whoever gets it by chance. Roll only seems to make sense when say a Jedi loots a carbine (like what happened sometime). It was an accident, and we chose to roll for it to give to someone who needed it.

This is of course, assuming that lotto isn't in any way exploitable.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:44 am

I searched the SWG forums for the lotto bug, but what I found didn't really confirm anything. Apparently, people think someone getting lucky twice in a row is a bug but they are only experiencing it 1 in 20 times they run an instance. If only two or three people are rolling on something, the chances aren't that bad that a person will get lucky twice in a row. I suggest we stay with random/lotto until we experience something that is obviously a bug (or until we get some serious confirmation that lottery is bugged).

Kalice- Master Architect

Barney

Post by Barney » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:32 pm

I know it USED to be but was sure it'd been fixed. The only problem I ever have with lotto is people who don't know how to use it, they loot things they don't mean to because they're not sure how to do it. I've also noticed that a couple times in Sher Kar, she's actually despawned before we took anything off her, I think actually because I pulled a hydro off her, or because we last minute changed to lotto in the middle of combat with her, not sure which.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Yeah, people dont seem to know they can select 1 thing, all things, or no things.

Despawning may be one of the reasons they dont like it.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:49 pm

Barney wrote:hey Toor, is there some exploit or issue with Lotto? I've been seeing a lot of situations where one person seems to win 2-3 lotto rolls in a row. Not sure how that seems to happen but it does bug me. Thing is, it's happened to me personally in groups too, and I know I'm not doing anything to make it happen.

On lotto and random, you can just drag the item from the loot window into your inventory and you get it.