How should RID grow? (Important)

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
How should RID grow? (Important)

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:05 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions that I am interested in asking all you loyal members. However, before I ask, I want to explain a couple things about RID's growth. We have more than 50 members. We hope to get as many as we possibly can, although... this can somtimes lead to problems. Some never participate, have bad attitudes, bad skills (Although everyone starts out new), and so on. Thus is the problem of a large guild. I just want everyone to know that once we reach a high ammount of members... talking past 100 people, we will start releasing innactive or non-participating members. Thos are the ones who have only been on since litteraly one day after recruitment.

Another issue is RID members participation in recruiting. There are many members that recruit, and I commend them. I want this to be a common practice among all members, especially the Commanders who can actually sponsor members using the guild terminal. Those who can not sponsor are recommended to give me names of friends or strangers alike that are interested, worthy candidates for RID.

You are not to recruit just anyone off the street. Make sure they at least know the simple aspects of the game, are of the correct affiliation, and most importantly, good people to work with.

As for RID Fort Oasis, we are growing slowly. I know many members are asking, "Do we have a shuttle?," or "Why dont we have a shuttle port?" Well the answer is quite simple, but takes time explaining.

The reason we dont have a shuttle is because we simply dont have enough citizens for Fort Oasis. If you truly want a shuttle port, which would increase commerse (Which is by the way coming along nicely) then please put the greatest to your ability to find people who are both interested in joining RID, and becoming a citizen. Houses cost money, I simply dont have enough to pay 10k each for an entire surplus of small houses for new members. We all need to work together to be self sufficient, because taxes will remain at their peak (Except sales taxes) because paying 90k+ credits a week is no easy feet, consider the maintenance costs will only go higher with each passing rank. Now, below is an explaination of how the city grows, but not to sounds upset or anything, I simply find it annoying how people think it's easy to run a city :P

Okie, here is how the city works. We first started as an outpost with 10 citizens, with nothing more than a city hall and 10 houses. We finnaly struggled to get the ammount of citizens up to 20. We reach level 2, where we are now. This increased the maintenance cost for the city hall. And also, the garage, terminals, and lamps, all add into the maintenance. As it stands, Fort Oasis has a City Hall, 3 mission terminals, a garage, and a bank, and this already adds up to more than 90k a week. We have 2000 credit a week maintenance, so that normally leaves me with roughly, more or less 40k a week to pay. Still high, yet managable. Now, I as Mayor am currently trying to reach a level 3 city, while we are level 2 at the moment. We have 23 citizens, and need 35 for the next level. That is 12 more people. Once we reach level 3, with all your help, I am willing to add in an extra 5k for the city to show up on the map. This will openly show our city and increase tourism I geuss you could say in our city.

Once we reach level 3, many facilities including, Cantinas, Hospitals, Cloning, and Theaters, will be added. I thank the lord that these dont add up into the maintenance, because they are seperatly owned structures. A Cantina and Hospital are going to be placed first thing. Now, that leaves the shuttle. I sort of fail to realize why everyone wants a shuttle. Fort Oasis is an easy drive, and even walking distance away from Mos Espa. However, I understand shuttles will increase the money for the treasury (Ticket purchases) and also increase commerse. We MIGHT get a shuttle, but dont get your hopes up. Not only do shuttles cost money to maintain, we need to reach level 4, which requires 50 citizens, so dont expect a shuttle anytime soon.

Oookay, had enough of boring city ordeals eh? Well that leaves one last issue. RID expanding territory. I want to start a certain system, this would be the presence of RID in most of the Imperial and neutral player cities. Have any of you heard of Europa Network? Well, they had a good idea carried out horribly. What Europa did was ask almost all of the cities on Lok, and a few on other planets, to join their "Network." What they failed to realize was that just because a city had "Europa" in front of the city name does not make it a Europa city. I want to do the same, only with RID, and I want to ensure there is at least a little RID presence in the city: IE- Guild halls, Bases, and/or homes.

Now, this wont be easy. We still have our city to take care of afterall. So, what I want to do anyways is contact as many mayors of cities as you can, and ask them to join. Its good if they register on the map, but then again, the smaller they are the more likely they will allow our presence. All of this is in planning, and before we take on the CATS again I want RID to be a strong and large guild. It's all up to us...

Thank you for reading this very long post,
Lexx Yovel

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:51 pm

Thank you Lexx, that messag was very informative and must have taken a great deal of thought and effort to write. I am actually not a current citizen of Fort Oasis and would like to be, so there, you're another step closer to lvl3.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:01 am

Oh yeah, I forgot you weren't in Fort Oasis. And I thank you for your compliment. We can get the house placed around the same time as the base as well.

Lexx

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:21 pm

I don't mind paying 45k into the treasury each week...
That's like, only 2 missions.

Sorry about going on about a shuttle port... I know Fort Oasis is a possum's piddle away from espa, but people still see it as a hurdle. Shuttleports really *do* increase commerce...but then again, the mall isn't fully functional yet so i would put it off for maybe a couple of months...
How about making living in Fort Oasis a prerequisite of joining RID?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:47 pm

Good idea Mnyak, and no, I dont mind. I agree a shuttle port is an important neccesity for Fort Oasis. I was just stressing the prolongness of placing one. It would actually help the city too. By the way, I saw the mall, and the way you people decorated it was superb.

Lexx

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:41 pm

not to mention that a shuttle port will bring people in to get closer to fort tusken........i think

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:21 pm

Yeah I think it would. I think Fort Oasis may be closer to Fort Tusken, because it is directly northward, and is on a slightly different lattitude. I remember there was a city right next to Fort Tusken, but its shuttle is gone lol. I geuss this would be a good chance to get people to come, so yeah, getting a shuttle port seems like a good idea.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:16 pm

uhh, mnyak. you said you only have to do 2 missions to get 45k? thats crazy, im sitting on a sturdy 6k in my bank account. how do you aquire an income like that so fast?

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:53 am

Solo Groups cell...
Get buffed, go to dantooine and group with loads of people,
Take a mission and make sure no-one is around you... voila... the mission terminal notices that you've done it by yourself and you get the cash! Awesome! I recommend you only do this as a master combat profession, but you can do it regardless...

Last Hope is dead, so Fort Oasis will be closest to ft. Tusken.... good thinking!

In regards to decoration, thanks to Gear Head for rearranging the place, it looks fantastic!

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:12 pm

Mnyak is correct. Unlike the safer planets, Dathomir is a wonderful place for decent combat skilled players to go. Rancor missions pay good, along with the hodge podge animals. As long as your buffed with armor, and an optional ammount of food you will be fine. I noticed this is the way most people make money. I should do it more often.

And by the way, I want consider giving you a promotion Mnyak, we can speak more about that in-game. :)