Shoutout from Iraq

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II
Shoutout from Iraq

Post by Monthigos » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:07 am

Hey all - just wanted to say hi from Iraq. I've got internet in my rooms but its really slow and it doesn't always work. I've been deployed for about 2 months and have 13 to go. :P

I think I might have my wife send my SWG CDs - I'm not sure how well this laptop will play the game, and the connection will limit me from doing any PVP but if there is an RP event I think it would be fun to bounce on.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well.

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:24 am

Greetings! Hope everything's going well over there and that you aren't in too much danger. :)

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:52 am

Not at this point of time. All we really do is patrol one stretch of road, and not much happens on it. However once we get off that road its fair game for IEDs. :?

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:00 pm

Well after two weeks of trying to download the damn patches (my downloads kept failing), I finally got in the game. My ping is around 800-900, so there really isn't much I can do except maybe some RP events. :P Oh well, my laptop's graphic card sucks anyway. Hope to see some of you in game.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:09 pm

wow..good luck i hope u come back in one piece :)

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:04 am

Hey Vincen, I already got a chance to speak to you in-game, but welcome back anyhow :D

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:17 pm

Hey guys - guess I won't be able to play after all. The guy running the local internet business got raided by MPs and kicked off post. I'm not exactly sure what he did - there's a lot of rumors running around. So I don't have internet in my room for now. I think AAFEEs might be picking up the service sometime in the future, but that's just a rumor.

Anyway I'll be around the boards and hopefully back in the game soon.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Wow that's a shame. Oh well, at least we can all keep updated here in the boards. Hope everything goes well!