For those that played the original X-Wing or Tie Fighter

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Leviathen
Colonel
For those that played the original X-Wing or Tie Fighter

Post by Leviathen » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:56 pm

These two games pre-date the x-wing versus tie fighter, but if you played them, here's some memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn1jxTwQrSo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cozXQbUh4U8

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

DLela

Post by DLela » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:27 pm

I think I still have these disks somewhere :)

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:13 pm

Those are two great games that I love to death. I spent many, many hours playing those two games.

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:02 pm

Wow! I played those games too, but I didn't remember about Thrawn being in Star Wars that long ago. And that art of Coruscant looks exactly like what we see in the movies. Amazing how things turn out in Star Wars.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:15 am

I didn't spend much time playing x-wing, but i spent days and days playing Tie Fighter, I loved that game. I remember it had the cool info page too on all the different ships you could imagine.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Winky

Post by Winky » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:14 pm

Those were some of my favorites, I got all excited when they released the Imperial Pursuit and BWing expansions for Xwing. There was actually an updated version for both X-Wing and Tie Fighter, they were ported into the X-Wing vs. Tie engine and made to run on Windows 95. Theres a fix out there somewhere to make this newer version run on XP, I played through all the campaigns again that way just last year.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:30 pm

This makes me want to bring out the 64 for rogue squadron. Yea I know, I'm not as old school as you guys are.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:42 pm

Apium wrote:This makes me want to bring out the 64 for rogue squadron. Yea I know, I'm not as old school as you guys are.

That game was good, but it sucks in comparison to our old space flight sims.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:51 pm

Winky wrote:Theres a fix out there somewhere to make this newer version run on XP, I played through all the campaigns again that way just last year.

Do you still need the original install disks for that to work?

Winky

Post by Winky » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:33 am

Original install floppies were for dos, if you still have those you'll need a dos emulator to run them on xp. The version I was talking about was a collectors edition with all of the games together in a pack of cd's and running on the XWingvsTie engine. Graphics and ship models are better than the old dos ones. The store of the lucasarts website does not have them anymore. The only way to get them would be through a torrent.

I'm not the one to ask about dos emulation if you want to go that route. I never completely figured out dos even when it was the only thing I used, and that was 15 years ago.