Dueling Areana

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Issele
Captain
Dueling Areana

Post by Issele » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:54 pm

I shared this information with Lexx that Pex is going to submitt the layout for the Dueling Areana to make it a perma structure. Since RID gets to Beta Test this building, I would like to ask RID for feedback on ways to improve it. If you get a chance within the next two weeks, tour the whole building. The place is huge. One idea I had was to have one of the rooms on the top floor, when you enter the building, a cloner with the medical droid.

Also can you post any screenshots you have of duels inside the areana.

:D

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:51 pm

capture the flag!!! capture the flag!!!! capture the ewok!!!! capture the flag!!!!! capture the fla!!!!

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:11 pm

Well I have a few ideas, but some of them may not be feasable. I can dream though right? :P

There could be the entrance... it would go down to a large room with a dueling ring (exactly like the one we have already), then go down another room, and maybe there could be one large room but with no walls or viewing area. There could be miniature rooms off to the side with a cloner or what not. Also, if it would be possible to make that room a PvP zone, that'd be awesome :P

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:16 pm

yeah i think i'm on to what yur saying lexx, somin like you leave the cloner after healing and your straight back into the battlezone none of this long way traveling bull

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:23 pm

Actually the cloning place would need to be *above* the PvP zone so you dont walk right back into shooting :lol:

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:24 pm

bah you so annoying venturing on the verdge of waucod :shock:

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:18 pm

Waucodism is a disease... anyways keep the ideas coming!

Issele
Captain

Post by Issele » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:26 pm

LexxYovel wrote:Well I have a few ideas, but some of them may not be feasable. I can dream though right? :P

There could be the entrance... it would go down to a large room with a dueling ring (exactly like the one we have already), then go down another room, and maybe there could be one large room but with no walls or viewing area. There could be miniature rooms off to the side with a cloner or what not. Also, if it would be possible to make that room a PvP zone, that'd be awesome :P

The only problem making it a pvp zone, is people who want to watch the duels and events at the Areana.

The Capture the Flag idea I love. That might be a way to handle the pvp zone issue.

keep the ideas coming :D

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:46 pm

yea idea for CTF would be there would be a certain bit around the middle-ish in between the two flags witch will be pvp or somin **shrug** only problim with capture the flag is though that jedi can just force run from one flag to the other racking up points witch is a bitof a unfair advantage now that ordinary players don't have burst run ((i'm not moaning just pointing this out, i am a jedi but don't like having a unfair advantage in a event that purely just for fun))

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:56 pm

Issele should I also make a post on the Starsider forums asking for feedback?

The CTF idea sounds like a great idea. I kinda get reminded of lasertag where you can have all these walls and can capture stuff or whatever :lol:

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:09 pm

LexxYovel wrote:Waucodism is a disease... anyways keep the ideas coming!

I started it!!!!!!!

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:25 am

umm i wonder why it was called waucodism umm

NO SHIT DUNGBRANE

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:12 am

hey stupid I know I started it they were exclamation marks not question marks now back on topic!!!!!!!

Issele
Captain

Post by Issele » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:53 pm

LexxYovel wrote:Issele should I also make a post on the Starsider forums asking for feedback?

The CTF idea sounds like a great idea. I kinda get reminded of lasertag where you can have all these walls and can capture stuff or whatever :lol:

Yes please.

Szul

Post by Szul » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:06 am

Welcome back to the Darkside, Issele. :)