Anybody else having this problem....

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Ty'e X'lor
Anybody else having this problem....

Post by Ty'e X'lor » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:43 pm

Ever since the new patch I cant get onto SWG's can someone help me? it just says conneccting to SWG's.... with the little blue thing going back and forth.... and it goes on forever.... Me gets the feeling im going to have lots of E-mail.. Lord, know how Lexx likes to send E-mails :D

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:33 pm

Yes this happens to me some times. exit out and restart the star wars thing it should work or i dont know because everytime i exit it and bring the star wars thing up again it works, but it has happened to me before publish 10

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:14 am

Omg ty'e, the old man's going to visit you and you're going to become a Jedi Knight....!

Ph34r Ty'e!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:51 am

I'd say check your firewall if you have one, but I doubt that is the problem. After every publish you will need to reallow the game through the firewall. If you are getting to the screen you say you are, then the game already went through the login server. And in order to get pass the login server, the game got around any firewall you have in place. So, I'm not quite sure it would be the firewall.

Of course, this usually happens to me if my game crashes and I try to relaunch the game. Seems like the first time I launch it after a crash it never gets passed that screen you describe, the bar just goes back and forth. Exiting and relaunching it again usually fixes the problem. Other than that, I don't have a clue.

In all honesty, this probably isn't the best place to post this. I'd try the official SWG forums. There's a lot of experienced people on there.

bizob

Post by bizob » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:52 pm

prolly already did this but run full scan. also have u installed windows sp2? if so check ur firewall, sp2 enables the windows firewall by default and u may hafta reconfigure it. also the launcher and the "game" are considered 2 seperate programs by firewalls.

Ty'e X'lor

Post by Ty'e X'lor » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:04 pm

Well... according to my thingy.. my firewall aint on... so im guessin' that aint the case

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:11 pm

Doh... forgot the full scan. Thanks Biz.

Ty'e X'lor

Post by Ty'e X'lor » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:58 pm

Full scan doesn't change anything either..... yipee.... Devs screwed up again

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:21 pm

have you installed any new software since publish 10? have you added any hardware either? Also, try turning all of your video and sound settings down to their lowest settings. this can be done from launchpad. the devs might have tried to add a performance increase to the game, but bugged some people with specific hardware. if all else fails, try tech support. they know current bugs and issues with the game better than we do. they can also tell you if there is a problem with your hardware.

Ty'e X'lor

Post by Ty'e X'lor » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:13 pm

Still ain't working.... and this is the third day... and on tech support Forums apparently alot of people have this problem.... Yet devs don't do nothing... just suggest the same things over and over.... My patience with this game is wearing very very thin. :evil: