TeamSpeak Info

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel
TeamSpeak Info

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:47 pm

Just a reminder, I am still running a TeamSpeak server for the guild.

If you have TeamSpeak downloaded and installed here is the info to log on to it:

Server Name: Regal Imperial Defenders
IP Address: 65.25.19.6:8767
Password: regal

Note: The password is case sensitive. Make sure you use all lowercase letters for it.

With the release of JTL just around the corner, TeamSpeak will be an invaluable tool for RID. If we are to function as a guild in space, voice communication will serve us far better than text chat ever will. So, when you go out to buy JTL, I encourage you to invest in a cheap ($5-$15) headset w/microphone. TeamSpeak is free to download and is easy to set up for the most part. It can be quirky sometimes during setup, so if you need some guidance, just ask.

Now, going on TeamSpeak is not a requirement of anybody in the guild. Please, only go on TeamSpeak if you desire to do so. But, I can say that once JTL comes out, TeamSpeak will become a worthy investment.
Last edited by Kurke_Aumea on Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:01 pm

*cough, cough* Bump *cough, cough*

Idfig

Post by Idfig » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:21 pm

hey kurke i can't get my mic to work for teamspeak have any suggestions

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:39 pm

Hey kurke what web site do i go to download the team speak?

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:10 pm

idfig, can you get the mic to work in Windows without using TeamSpeak? If not, time to play with the settings. First, make sure you have the mic plugged into the right plugs on the back of your computer. The mic I have has two plugs, one for headphone output and one for mic input. If the plugs are in the right spots, head into Windows.

To edit the sound settings for your computer, open up the control panel. If you are in WinXP, switch to Classic View, it is easier to find things. Once in classic view find the Sound and Audio Devices icon. Double-click to open it. Once that window opens up, check out the Audio and Voice tabs at the top. You can select recording sources from these tabs. Make sure you are recording from your mic and not a CD drive or something else. If messing around with this still doesn't work let me know.

Idfig

Post by Idfig » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:07 pm

got it to work had to play with the settings. wow i can do a lot with the sound of my comp.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:21 pm

hehe, glad you got it to work.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:26 pm

Whoah, lol, I've read this tons of times, but it finally registered in my mind... we can talk while we're playing without chatting? Is this happening every day? I'm gonna get involved!

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:27 pm

kukre what site can i download this program from can you post the web site plz?

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:51 pm

Sorry about the TS server being down. The local IP address got reset and the router wouldn't let the server touch the outside world.

The server is up now!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:09 pm

Lol, poor twist, everyone is ignoring you... lol.

http://www.goteamspeak.com

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:41 pm

Thanks oruf i appriecate it

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:17 pm

When are people on, and how many are normally on at a time?

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:20 pm

Honest truth, hardly anyone ever gets on there. Hopefully though, when JTL comes out, the TS server will be of more use. The way I look at it, flying with a joystick and trying to type at the same time, just doesn't work. Hence, TeamSpeak will be great while flying a ship.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:02 pm

Lol, I'm logged into the RID Teamspeak server, but totally lost. What I do from here is a mystery to me