What's RIGHT with RID

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

bizob
What's RIGHT with RID

Post by bizob » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:39 pm

OK, yes we have problems as a guild, yes we need to work hard together to fix these problems and yes new problems will arise in the future. It can be too easy to get caught up in the problems and lose sight of the good things. We have seen first hand how this can demoralize a guild.

There are alot of things that make RID a great guild. So I decided to start a thread here to give everyone the opportunity to share what they feel makes RID a great guild. Please focus on the positives things only.

bizob

Post by bizob » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:45 pm

ok i'll start

last nite me, xanus and ty'e went out to dantooine to do a little hunting and get xanus some scouting xp. we didnt get alot of xp, loot, or money but we had a great time. before we went hunting i was just farting around trying to decide "what to grind tonight". ok so i coulda got more "work" done in that time but i dont pay $15 a month to work- i got a job for that.

what made it so much fun for me was xanus and ty'e. just hanging out and joking around (if u could see the chat logs... lol). thats what makes RID a great guild for me, there's always someone around u can hang out with and have a great time.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:09 pm

great idea biz, i dont like always going over the negs...
anyways, what I like about RID is how everyone isnt just a guildie, we know eachother (in a strange online sorta way). There are also lots of fun guild events such as raids on anchorhead (we never win, but we have a great time goofing around while were there) and npc hunts, like fort tusken. RID is a better guild for socializing than combat.

Ty'e X'lor

Post by Ty'e X'lor » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:24 pm

Yay.... somebody talks about me in post. Im happy now Bizob you made my day. :)

Ty'e X'lor

Post by Ty'e X'lor » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:25 pm

And I actually got talked about in a good way. :)

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:17 am

I like the fact that I have many friends to turn to. Plus, guildies always give me the best advice on what profs I should undertake with my alternate character.

And come on, who doesn't love guild chat?!?!?! :wink:

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:46 pm

And come on, who doesn't love guild chat?!?!?! :wink:

Ah, yes, who doesn't... which brings me to.... (*drumroll*)
XANUS'S FOLLY!!!

It's moments like these that keep me coming back day after day :lol:

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:34 pm

Oh the things I miss when I go on vacation.... :lol:

That's it, I am never going on vacation again. I am forever hibernating in guild chat!!!

Now, where is Xan when you need to make fun of him.... :wink:

bizob

Post by bizob » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:23 pm

i remember that oraf, too funny. we got some people with a great (if not a little disturbed) sense of humor in this guild.

thought of another thing that makes RID a great guild- out city. as most of you know, I very rarely leave Fort Oasis. We got everything we need (cept a shuttle but personally i dont think the ride to espa is that annoying).
Our med center rocks - did u know if u just sit in the med center your wounds will start to heal themselves including mind wounds and even BF if you sit there for a long time? i always log in/out at the med center, during the time it takes to log in/out ur wounds can be healing!
We also have a cool cantina where u can get mind and BF heals WHILE a medic can heal ur other wounds (yes medics in the guild can heal in the cantina or even the guild hall). Medics- you can heal entertainers in the cantina without using med packs or stims. simply use /healwound while watching/listening to an entertainer- u heal them and they heal the mind wounds and BF caused by /healwound. this is great for helping each other get xp in one convienient place.
Theres plenty of good stuff in our city; the cloning center, pretty much every kinda mission terminal (including BH-yay Lexx), banking, npc trainers for alot of common profs (including BH-again yay Lexx). when u think about it Fort Oasis is a great city with alot to offer. i also like the fact that we are pretty close to FT and realy close to the Imperial Oasis.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:45 pm

Just wanted to share with u a screen of the latest guild "event" (noone showed up lol) it was me xanus lexx and aem (if im leaving anyone out then HA HA lol) and we decided to try and kill a kimigola, and look at what we stumbled upon...

Image[/img]

BTW, u dont see lexx cuz he died the second we got there :roll:

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:33 am

Oh yeah, I remember that Tele hehe. We went to see the AT-AT on Lok, and while we were at it, hit some Kimgolas. Never lived to tell the tale though :(

Events

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:42 am

I like the more pointless events, they sometimes can be more fun... like when Kurke set up Jeopardy! Too bad Lexx couldn't add properly...
The amazing thing about the event was the huge crowd it drew... most of the seats were full, and some people/carpets refused to sit down!

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:01 am

Jeopardy was real fun. *Okay* I couldn't add that great, but the scores ended up accurate hehe. W00t for Bizob who won that day. The walking carpets can get a bit annoying hehe.

bizob

Post by bizob » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:52 pm

way to NOT get me in that screeny oraf hehe

Oops

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:02 pm

Lol, I think Xanus was standing in the way, so I had to adjust how I took it... couldn't see you behind the podium anyway :lol: