R.I.D. Ballot 1

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Mr.Avatar
Corporal
R.I.D. Ballot 1

Post by Mr.Avatar » Wed May 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Item 1.
Institution of 30 Day recruitment period.
A. Recruits will be notified upon joining that at any time, their membership can be revoked without prior notification.
B. Any Recruit removed from guild during the 30 day cycle can request an explanation, and or re-admittance, but will require the Council to meet and the recruit to fully understand the council’s ruling.
C. Any Recruit discharged during the 30 day cycle by their own accord, will have forfeit any time spent in the recruitment period, at any time they rejoin the guild, they would restart the 30 day cycle.

Item 2.
Institution of Voice chat software.
A. Purchase of Ventrilo server By Achnar Avatar, to be used for the expressed purpose of R.I.D. operations during PvP, Heroics as well as general gameplay.
B. Donations from guild not required.
Acknar/Prolevik

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Re: R.I.D. Ballot 1

Post by Osar » Thu May 05, 2011 12:07 am

Sounds like a plan, just needs to be...how you say...dumbed down a bit for those who are only 13-17 and possibly 18 who have no understanding of the fine legal prints. I know what you are saying, but there are still those even at my old age who can't comprehind what you just said (yeah us old folks are trying to keep up with the younger generation).

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Thu May 05, 2011 9:21 am

Well i will leave it to you or lexx to dumb it down, I was just trying to sound Official, way to be a debbie downer Osar!!
Acknar/Prolevik

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu May 05, 2011 9:56 am

Hehe, well I understand it :P

But yeah when I get the chance I can write a streamlined memo.

Good proposal!

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Thu May 05, 2011 10:32 am

Thanks lexx, I knew you would understand :P
Acknar/Prolevik

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu May 05, 2011 11:12 am

Yeah yeah, I understood it, I know legal ledger and yeah it's official, but how many kids do you know that read the legal fine print at the begining of the game? Yeah, none, zero, zip, zelch, nadda, not one of them does, so what makes you think that they will read some thing that looks or sounds like it? :P

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Thu May 05, 2011 11:15 am

they wont, so it will keep the kids out!
Acknar/Prolevik

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu May 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Yeah yeah, I am just saying we need to make a good public image.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Thu May 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Seriously, I had a whole thing typed out, then I decided it would be a good idea to hold down shift and hit backspace while I was editing/reveiwing my post, so I lost everything. Here I go again!

I agree with both of you Osar and Acknar. While it would help weed out the players who would cause problems, i.e. begging, drama, harrassment, etc., it would allow for RID to see who the people we want in our PvE or PvP foundation are, be it in space or on ground. 30 days is a long time for younger teenagers, and if they truely were beggers or problem starters, it would be noticed on many different occasions within that 30 day period.

I do understand where you are coming from though, Osar. Maintaining our public image is a huge priority. The perfect example of the probationary period is the New York City police department. A new officer is on a one year probationary period. During that year, the department can get rid of that officer simply because he/she has bad smelling feet. (Although I have yet to see this happen, lol.) It would be extreamely similar to that situtation.

Bringing the probationary period into the gaming world, I know plenty of guilds that use it as an excellent means of weeding out the bad players from the good (granted, they are in different games). But regardless, this method helps to find the ones who will cause problems for the guild and the ones who will do nothing but help. Those guilds are some of the most respected guilds on the server, and are held very highly in public opinion.

I also agree with the idea for Ventrillo, it will help with cooridination supremely. Heroics will become easier, PvPing will become more precise, and Space Combat will just be more exciting. (Now all we need is a cockpit, and it'll be like the real deal.)

And, about reading the legal fine print. I don't remember where I heard this story exactly (definitely from one of my classmates). One of his friends actually took the time to read the User Agreement and everything we just click Agree to without actually reading. Turns out, in the middle of the agreement, it said if you actually read up to this point, call us and we will give you 1,000 dollars. (Not too sure on the amount I was told, but that seems like a fun number.) I'm completely dead serious about this. He called in, and they gave him the money because he was the first one who actually read it. So maybe, we should all read the legal fine print once and a while. :P

I really wish I had my original post, lol. Oh well.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu May 05, 2011 11:26 pm

Lol that sucks you lost your original, but wow that's a lot of money just for calling in on it. I wish I had read more of it than I did, lol. At any rate, I guess that shows how simple minded we all are here.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun May 08, 2011 3:41 pm

I plan to sort of streamline our Regal Constitution posted on our forums. In it, I'll include an article on the 30 day grace period.

It may be written as follows:

"Any new recruit of the Regal Imperial Defenders should be aware that he or she may be removed from the organization within a 30 day "grace period" without warning. If removed, the recruit may request an explanation, or request to re-join R.I.D. However, the recruit must meet with the Executive Council to reverse the decision. If a member joins R.I.D, and leaves during the 30 day grace period, he or she has forfeit any time spent in R.I.D. In otherwords, if that same member rejoins R.I.D, he or she will be treated as a completely new member, and undergo a full 30 day evaluation. Some exceptions apply, however."

That's a rough draft, but I'll add that in so it's clear for new recruits to understand. We'll also make it clear in any information mails to new recruits considering joining us.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Sun May 08, 2011 3:52 pm

When the servers do come back online, I'll need someone to forward me to mail we send to recruits.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun May 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Sure thing. I got like 3 mails you can send to potential recruits.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Sun May 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Wow, I can't believe I posted that an hour ago. I feel like I posted it a couple minutes ago. Jeez, lol. Alright, thank you!

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sun May 08, 2011 8:29 pm

LexxYovel wrote:I plan to sort of streamline our Regal Constitution posted on our forums. In it, I'll include an article on the 30 day grace period.

It may be written as follows:

"Any new recruit of the Regal Imperial Defenders should be aware that he or she may be removed from the organization within a 30 day "grace period" without warning. If removed, the recruit may request an explanation, or request to re-join R.I.D. However, the recruit must meet with the Executive Council to reverse the decision. If a member joins R.I.D, and leaves during the 30 day grace period, he or she has forfeit any time spent in R.I.D. In otherwords, if that same member rejoins R.I.D, he or she will be treated as a completely new member, and undergo a full 30 day evaluation. Some exceptions apply, however."

That's a rough draft, but I'll add that in so it's clear for new recruits to understand. We'll also make it clear in any information mails to new recruits considering joining us.

I like Lexx's version better than *cough*Acknar's*cough*, lol. On a serious note though, I would say this is a good rough draft. Main reason I say that Acknar's was too official is that we would be spending more time explaining what is in his statement than we would be in enjoying the game. Not to many ppl who play this are that highly evolved in intelligance, so I would expect average time in explaining to them what is in his version would be about +-30min.

And speaking of in game mailing, Lexx you need to update the recruitment mail you have in game. We no longer have cities on planets other than Tatooine, and the council members you have on it has drasticly changed. Oh, and your change of signing up on the forums isn't until after they join the guid now needs to be changed as well. Maybe if you can make a rough draft and post it here in Exec., all of us can have a little put into to helping you with making it.