SixT/Imperial Relations

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
SixT/Imperial Relations

Post by Arev » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:06 am

I sat down with 'Hal last night in Outpost Kappa to discuss RID-SixT relations. Needless to say, things didn't go as I had hoped. I extended the offer of BE participation, it was rejected. Hal stated that SixT was getting "more than enough" RP between Zaken Hub (current base) and joint-operations with ISC on Tatooine. (Yes, it doesn't make any sense that a Core-based unit would be doing anything in the Outer Rim.) SixT has no interest in Kashyyyk, but he did extend an offer for RID members to join SixT as Storm Commandos.

Even when the meeting began, there was a subtle tension in the air. Hal implied that if there were any issues between RID and SixT, it was not because of individuals (i.e. me), but of RID itself. Again, he didn't directly state that, but considering that he offered me an invitation, and not one to RID, says something. I invited him twice. The second time he said, "We'll see". You know who also said, "We'll see," after my last personal invitation? Lanko, ISC leader. Neither PA showed up to any BE event.

We need to crackdown on anyone willing to roleplay in RID.

This situation also sheds light on the current Imperial RP situation on Starsider. Basically, Imperial RP is dominated by Trooper RPers, and they are dead-set on keeping their PAs Trooper-based. Unfortunately, this does make the playing field more of a challenge for RID itself. While we are training new applicants, other PAs are able to more actively pursue new applicants. The only thing we can do is continue down our current path of finding a niche, sticking with it, and doing it well.

On an unrelated note, I am going to assume that SixT's active membership is around 3-4 dedicated members, plus another 3-5 casual members. I base this on forum activity (Empire and SSG), as well as friend lists.

Also, what are your thoughts about Apauck's crafter alt being in RID? I have a hunch that despite my request for the meeting to be confidential, Hal would have informed SixT, which means he may have put pressure on Apauck to monitor our activities. His crafter alt is HK-something.

Jathox

Re: SixT/Imperial Relations

Post by Jathox » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:21 am

Can't imagine why he'd want to "monitor" a group he turns his nose up at. But you're quite right, let's just fill our niche and the RP will come. I've enjoyed the patrols we've run thru Nova Orion, and despite my occasional complaints, they are very easy and practical to work with both IC and OOC.

As far as niche goes, if Raysorn doesn't come back, we can always axe the Storm Trooper scouts in favor of an Imperial Army company, and do an Army/CompForce joint unit. As much as I enjoy the scouts, I daresay 6T and ISC have somewhat monopolized that role on this server. And if we actually want to extend our feelers and "move in" somewhere in addition to Kappa, it makes far more sense from a peace-keeping and LE perspective to use Army/CompForce and regular storm personnel, rather than using elites to do the job. As I told Amodeus the other day, strom commandos running LE for a city is like having state troopers deliver the mail, or using an Army Ranger company as truck drivers.

[edit: my wacky, wacky spelling]

[Edit: Also, he is going to be somewhat blinded by his guild's activity. I guaran-damn-tee you if 6T slowed down, he'd be willing to talk. I'd say just sweep it under the rug for now. Let's keep on doing our own thing and having fun our way. Let them come to us if things get bad.]

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:08 pm

I gave considerable thought to replacing the Scouts with Army (or Army Scouts), but decided against it.

1. Imperial RP gravitates towards Troopers simply because they're the most "iconic" and "Star Wars-y". Scout Troopers are seen prominently in RotJ, knock-offs in RotS, and play an important role in the JSF quest, which takes place on Kashyyyk. So, forest planets and Scout Troopers go hand-in-hand.

2. I'd be afraid of CompForce and Army uniforms looking too similar, versus there is a significant difference between Scouts and CompForce.

3. Honestly, more people have heard of Scout Troopers. Outside of Imperial RPers, most don't know anything about the Imperial Army, except for those AT-ST pilots in RotJ. If people are attracted to Imperial RP, they're going to look for iconic imagery.

I'm not *opposed* to Army units. I am more concerned about what's a more realistic attraction to non-Imperials, looking to 'test drive' Imperial RP.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Arev wrote:I gave considerable thought to replacing the Scouts with Army (or Army Scouts), but decided against it.

1. Imperial RP gravitates towards Troopers simply because they're the most "iconic" and "Star Wars-y". Scout Troopers are seen prominently in RotJ, knock-offs in RotS, and play an important role in the JSF quest, which takes place on Kashyyyk. So, forest planets and Scout Troopers go hand-in-hand.

2. I'd be afraid of CompForce and Army uniforms looking too similar, versus there is a significant difference between Scouts and CompForce.

3. Honestly, more people have heard of Scout Troopers. Outside of Imperial RPers, most don't know anything about the Imperial Army, except for those AT-ST pilots in RotJ. If people are attracted to Imperial RP, they're going to look for iconic imagery.

I'm not *opposed* to Army units. I am more concerned about what's a more realistic attraction to non-Imperials, looking to 'test drive' Imperial RP.

Makes sense. I mentioned that because I always see those "How come no does Imperial Army?" posts every now and then. The Navy Troopers as an example aren't unsuccessful, but then again, I'm betting most of those are NAVY alts. But yeah, at this point I guess you're right. Sure everyone asks why there aren't IA units, but would anyone actually roll an Army trooper?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Wait, is Apauck's alt still in RID?

Anyways, it's a shame Hal' turned down the Business Endeavour, and has a skewed view of RID. It would be interesting for him to say outright what his issues are, though I guess it's only a matter of time before things in Six-T die down and they end up looking to revitalize things.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Yep, and that Shirhis who left? Rhiana's alt. So, in a sense, SixT has been monitoring (perhaps not the more appropriate term) since June.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:25 pm

But why? You'd think, especially after you were gone, that they wouldn't have much to gain from "monitoring us."

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:44 am

No idea. Of course, Rhiana wasn't too hot for the whole move to Omerta, and I doubt she was too fond of the move to SixT. But, it's not as if we have policy for removing alts. How many times have we heard, "So-and-so is leaving RID, but he'll be keeping his alt in RID," which is simply a gesture of good will, nothing more.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:16 am

Yeah, and in a certain way I almost see that "gesture of good will," as nothing more than a useless gesture -- if not even patronizing. I almost feel like depending on the circumstances it may be best to remove a person's alt if they decide to remove their main.

Of course, as I say, it would depend on the situation.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:29 pm

LexxYovel wrote:Yeah, and in a certain way I almost see that "gesture of good will," as nothing more than a useless gesture -- if not even patronizing. I almost feel like depending on the circumstances it may be best to remove a person's alt if they decide to remove their main.

Right. I mean I could understand if they played their alt as a "secondary main" like I do. But to have an alt in a guild just to have one there? Nah, I'll pass. I mean, why stay in a PA if you have nothing invested in it?

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:32 pm

Jathox wrote:
LexxYovel wrote:Yeah, and in a certain way I almost see that "gesture of good will," as nothing more than a useless gesture -- if not even patronizing. I almost feel like depending on the circumstances it may be best to remove a person's alt if they decide to remove their main.

Right. I mean I could understand if they played their alt as a "secondary main" like I do. But to have an alt in a guild just to have one there? Nah, I'll pass. I mean, why stay in a PA if you have nothing invested in it?

This is a policy we should consider looking into.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:14 pm

Certainly. I don't see how 6T can be so high brow. They have a lot of "meh" RPers in their ranks for sure. And ISC as I recall started very humbly. /shrug

Just makes me glad even more that I'm in RID.