Motivating our Members

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Motivating our Members

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Last night, Khaeden contacted me privately to address some concerns he had with RID.

Bassically, he's under the impression that many of our members are apathetic, and not really driven to do much as a cohesive group, or communicate with one another. He also feels that the guild has been suffering from inactivity recently. He felt that RID, having been around for nearly 7 years now, was simply "in a comfort zone," so to speak, and that the apathy could very well be do to overall boredom with the game in general to some members.

This wasn't really news to me of course. Khaeden also made it clear that he was new to RID, and didn't want to make it seem as though he was out of place. He said he was very enthusiastic to be in RID, and wanted to help, but wasn't sure how.

So we talked for a good while. The conversation he had with me kind of dragged on, and it kind of annoyed me after a while when he kept repeating obvious things to me (IE: What's going wrong in RID, but much less on how to fix it). But he did bring up points, and I would like to step up to help resolve these things.

I will be away on a family trip from this Friday to Sunday, so my online time during those days will be limited, if not non-existent (though I should be able to check forums, and maybe check station launcher). But when all is said and done, I plan to really buckle down and do one on one meetings with members. I want to get them motivated, and figure out what they can do to work with one another and help this guild grow.

Another thing I told Khaeden I needed to do was a lot less "talking about what we're going to do as a guild," and a lot more, "doing it." This is of course complicated by matters such as RL circumstances, and lack of member participation in certain activities, but with your guy's help we can do our best.

PS: I will be allowing Chiquita to read/post on these boards later today.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Re: Motivating our Members

Post by Osar » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Hey, I am gonna be here in MS for another week. They have me working 10pm-6am CST, also I am doing what we call PT (Physical Training) which consist of running, push-ups and sit-ups. That pushes the time further back to me leaving my hotel room @ 8pm CST. So this is gonna leve me very little time to help you with members such as Khaeden. I will try to be online if the hotel server is unclogged enough to allow me to do so. If you need help in any way with these things please let me know.