Regarding Vitiosus

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Regarding Vitiosus

Post by Arev » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:51 pm

By the time you read this, Vitiosus may or may not be in RID anymore. Her "primary reason" for leaving was because of the lack of RP. And "RID RP" was biased against her for being a Twi'lek. I'm honestly not sure what she's talking about, because I cited the Sunday Patrols, and she claimed she wasn't referring to them. Without saying it directly, I know she's planning on joining Luna (led by Fawne' and Tiber'ius). They're interesting RPers from Wanderhome*. I'm friends with Fawne whom I RP with on occasion.

She admitted to having an alt already in Luna. And she plans on joining them because she RPs "99% of the time" and citing that it took it two years to get to 90. (She didn't mention the fact that she was playing an Entertainer, and respec'd to Jedi only a few months ago.)

Personally, I think she was merely looking for a justification to join her friends in Luna, but we'll see. She didn't expound on her other reasons for leaving, only citing "RID RP" as her chief reason. We got into a discussion about it, which I'll expand upon in another post later tonight.

Thanks,

-Arev

*I use the term "interesting", because their RP is determined heavily by game mechanics. They aren't as canon-centric as Starsider RPers (and those in the same mindset, like Kette RPers) are. In fact, another popular Wanderhome Imperial RP PA is ISOC. Whereas Starsider RPers will say rank is based on merit and IC actions/justification, they will say to use GCW rank to determine that because they "earned it". As any experienced RPer will tell you that only opens up a can of worms. Another crux is that Empire is human-centric. They are happy as a clam inviting non-humans in and making them officers. (Granted ISOC and Luna differ on this, but thought is still the same.) Vitiosus cited this as a reason for leaving RID (which has Starsider RPers in it) for Luna (which is composed of Wanderhome RPers).

I hate using the term "Wanderhome RPers" and "Starsider RPers" because we're all Starsider RPers now. But, five year old+ traditions/practices are impossible to break. But, I wanted to let you all know some of the background here.

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Re: Regarding Vitiosus

Post by Ramd » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:09 pm

Arev wrote:By the time you read this, Vitiosus may or may not be in RID anymore. Her "primary reason" for leaving was because of the lack of RP. And "RID RP" was biased against her for being a Twi'lek. I'm honestly not sure what she's talking about, because I cited the Sunday Patrols, and she claimed she wasn't referring to them. Without saying it directly, I know she's planning on joining Luna (led by Fawne' and Tiber'ius). They're interesting RPers from Wanderhome*. I'm friends with Fawne whom I RP with on occasion.

She admitted to having an alt already in Luna. And she plans on joining them because she RPs "99% of the time" and citing that it took it two years to get to 90. (She didn't mention the fact that she was playing an Entertainer, and respec'd to Jedi only a few months ago.)

Personally, I think she was merely looking for a justification to join her friends in Luna, but we'll see. She didn't expound on her other reasons for leaving, only citing "RID RP" as her chief reason. We got into a discussion about it, which I'll expand upon in another post later tonight.

Thanks,

-Arev

*I use the term "interesting", because their RP is determined heavily by game mechanics. They aren't as canon-centric as Starsider RPers (and those in the same mindset, like Kette RPers) are. In fact, another popular Wanderhome Imperial RP PA is ISOC. Whereas Starsider RPers will say rank is based on merit and IC actions/justification, they will say to use GCW rank to determine that because they "earned it". As any experienced RPer will tell you that only opens up a can of worms. Another crux is that Empire is human-centric. They are happy as a clam inviting non-humans in and making them officers. (Granted ISOC and Luna differ on this, but thought is still the same.) Vitiosus cited this as a reason for leaving RID (which has Starsider RPers in it) for Luna (which is composed of Wanderhome RPers).

I hate using the term "Wanderhome RPers" and "Starsider RPers" because we're all Starsider RPers now. But, five year old+ traditions/practices are impossible to break. But, I wanted to let you all know some of the background here.

I sent out the Shadowtrooper email to all members, asked for jedi to respond, and vitosious did. She said she was interested, and I said I'd send something out once everyone had a chance to weigh in/respond.

I'm from Kette, could the comment have possibly been aimed at me?

auren
Warrant Officer II

Re: Regarding Vitiosus

Post by auren » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:16 pm

Ramd wrote:
Arev wrote:By the time you read this, Vitiosus may or may not be in RID anymore. Her "primary reason" for leaving was because of the lack of RP. And "RID RP" was biased against her for being a Twi'lek. I'm honestly not sure what she's talking about, because I cited the Sunday Patrols, and she claimed she wasn't referring to them. Without saying it directly, I know she's planning on joining Luna (led by Fawne' and Tiber'ius). They're interesting RPers from Wanderhome*. I'm friends with Fawne whom I RP with on occasion.

Thanks,

-Arev

I sent out the Shadowtrooper email to all members, asked for jedi to respond, and vitosious did. She said she was interested, and I said I'd send something out once everyone had a chance to weigh in/respond.

I'm from Kette, could the comment have possibly been aimed at me?

Roleplay on starsider has always been different depending on who you roleplay with. I myself have never experienced any sort of problem in RID when i play my imperial factioned zabrak. I dont think different servers are that different in their roleplaying rules. Different roleplaying groups are though.

I used to like to roleplay a lot more and was even married in game to andarru (another imperial bounty hunter player) i loved having someone who i could talk to about anything while i played.

Roleplay is great because it seems to always involve a storyline. the problems start when people disagree with the direction in which the plot is going. Also different roleplaying grups have different rules whichever server you are on.

RID isnt a very roleplay orientated guild. But we do all live in the star wars galaxies universe and we are a group of people who may not be the strictest imperials but we do serve the imperial forces.

I would love to see a new set of roleplayers who lived their characters roleplay through their in game actions. Not through a set decided storyline but actually on their in game characters actions. roleplaying PVPers maybe ?

Maybe RID should speak to Vitiosus and ask what she thought RID was lacking in when it came to roleplaying in the guild?

If RID doesnt know whats wrong council members and RID guild members cant start to put things right

i didnt think i would like the space event recently but i did, maybe we should all try to involve ourselves with roleplay a bit more ?
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:03 pm

Okay, well I talked to Vitiosus in length today. Honestly, Arev, I think you're right. I don't know what she's talking about. I mean she raises some points, which I will go into further down.

Basically, when she grouped up with me to talk, she told me right away that she had an alt in Luna and that she thought their roleplaying was "magnificant" as she put it. She said she would probably be leaving RID.

I first asked her to think through the decision first of all, and explain to me what RID was lacking in roleplay. She was saying how Arev told her that RID has great roleplayers, but apparently Vitiosus admits to snapping at Arev. She basically believes RID is not a roleplay guild, or at least does not do the type of roleplay that suits her interest.

She was under the assumption that RID had some sort of solid roleplay division. I told her such a division of roleplayers would be built up, but that it would take the recruitment of more people like Vitiosus to make that happen. I also explained that she should make an effort to get more involved, working with the Council to help RID pioneer in more roleplay activities. She simply said that she is not a leader.

By this time, she invited Alcyone to the group to listen to our conversation for a bit (both are close friends). Alcyone was actually surprised that Vitiosus was considering leaving RID. She said, "uh oh, you aren't leaving the guild are you?" Alcyone listened to our conversation for a bit, and eventually logged out.

I asked Vitiosus about the force sensitive Stormtrooper idea. I told her I heard she was interested in that. She simply said that she thought the idea died down because she didn't really receive any other replies. I told her we were still working on the Stormtrooper force sensitive idea. It would take a few weekly SF events to get it formed up properly.

I ultimately asked her if she felt weekly or bi-weekly roleplay events, in addition to the focused formation of a Stormtrooper force sensitive division would be enough to keep her in RID. She simply said that she thinks roleplay events are "staunch" and "aristocratic" in many guilds, and that it's not the type of roleplay she's looking for.

When I kept asking her what type of roleplay Luna did that was so magnificent, she said two things:

1.) They do sporadic, random roleplay (IE: Some guy in guild chat goes, "Yo Vitiosus, wanna hit up some roleplayer in Eisley?"

2.) (Here's the one that makes me go HUH?) They're not racist

I asked her why she thought RID was racist towards aliens. I mean sure, we make fun of our fishy little fellow Daiho, but hey he's freakin' high ranking Councilman in our guild. I also told her we don't bar anyone to our activities based on their species.

She simply said that she's seen RID Stormtroopers speak in a xenophobic fashion to her. She says she was outside of RID when this happened (why then she joined RID then afterwards is a mystery). I told her then that they were probably roleplaying... um, Imperials? I explained that many the Stormtroopers will be xenophobic against aliens outside the guild, but just like how Thrawn worked his way up in the Empire, Vitiosus has earned the trust of her members.

I also told her that sporadic RP is not something she can expect right away. I essentially told her that she can either leave to join Luna right away, or be patient, and wait several months while we work to recruit more roleplayers.

I told her to think about her decision, and then I said good night and logged.

As for Alcyone, if Vitiosus leaves, I'm going to bet Alcyone will leave... but this is not certain.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:27 am

Let her go. We can't do anything with her. I really don't remeber when she said Hi in the guild chat. Yes we don't do roplaying a lot be we have a lot of good RPers in this guild. The Shadowtrooper ideas will be awesome and I'll work harder when I'll get back on vacation with Ramd.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:55 am

PVP people like the challenge of winning against other players

Heroics or person vs non persons - i myself like to be part of a team and to maybe have the chance of getting something good in game to decorate my house with or use while i play sometimes the storylines of quests are good too

Space - People like to feel like han solo or boba fett or just a star wars character in search of air based fun.

Roleplay - Some people use roleplay as a way of making a adventure that sony havent been able to make for them.

But there are a lot of parts of roleplaying that i dont like
i will list them:

Combat seems to be controlled by the people in charge of the storyline
Noone ever seems to do any combat that involves moving. Everything seems to happen using the emote system.

Story-lines can sometimes be cut short or have to end abruptly when people leave or need to go somewhere unexpectedly.

Feeling silly - its easy to upset the strict rules of some roleplayers

I dont like the fact someone has joined RID and then moaned that there are no events that they are interested in happening in the guild. People should research when joining a guild what the guild do and what other people think of them. There are two solutions and they are to start doing things in the guild to involve people like ramd has very successfully done recently and i know lexx has done in the past. Ramd has joined and added to the guild with things he likes doing, we all have benefited from this. Daiho and arev look after the guilds cities and give the guild a nice home to go back to after they have finished doing what they do currently in game. I have bought some storyteller items im going to put in FNS city on dantooine at random times to try to put some life into our in game home. Daiho has given me militia with Auren so im going to start doing that tonight.

I have a new idea for the guild regarding this and im going to post it in roleplay area to see if anyone wants to take part.
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again