An Introduction

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Mikal
Second Lieutenant
An Introduction

Post by Mikal » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:10 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say hello and thanks for allowing me to help lead the commercial division. A bit about myself for those of you who don't know. I started playing SWG near the end of the beta and was hooked. However, I kinda sorta joined the wrong faction and was there to help blow up Fort Fatal. Right after that fight I was approached by a guy by the name of Tallu and told me about his guild the Hooded Nomads (NOMAD), who had a city named Mos Nevah. I moved right outside of there for several months before finally joining up with them. I fought agains the Mos Vegas Mafia (MVM) for a long time. When WoW released the guild pretty much fell apart. Just before JTL launched I moved and didn't reup my account. During the time that I played I was very much into PvP and PvE on Mikal. The last thing I was doing with him was doing the Aurillian Quests which required me to respec some of my points.
I came back to the game about a year ago. I logged onto Mikal and it told me to pick a proffession (stupid NGE...grrrr). I picked one (I think it was commando, I dunno). It put me at CL16. OMG!!! And I didn't know how to start the legacy quests as someone who didn't just create a character. So I played on another galaxy for a week on another char (they made here CL50, and she was my noob char lol). I then learned that I could create 2 chars on the same server...yes, I'm the guy that doesn't read the FAQ. I started Flashlight and joined up with a neutral guild on Dant, I can't even remember the name. I basically ended up with guild leadership after the guild leader ran off to join HERO. From there I let nature take it's course since there was only 4 active members left. I then joined RID as a CL90 shipwright and brought Flashlight in as well. I have another account with Ro'Bin, CL90 Combat Entertainer (just ask the guy I killed in Restuss) and Mikal'...some char that is still up on that new player space station. Once I figure out what to do with him I'll let him land lol.

Sorry for the long and terribly grammatacized (<----is that even a word?) post. Again, thanks for letting me have the chance to help revitalize the division. Now to go off and pick Kurkes brain some more!

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:44 pm

^^^ My right hand man!

Welcome to the officers' forum!
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:00 pm

awesome fighting alongside you there in restuss last night!!!
Apathy is Death.

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:33 pm

Kioet wrote:awesome fighting alongside you there in restuss last night!!!

I hope to have Flashlight there soon enough. It's just that I don't level him as fast as others would due to me spending a lot of time on Mikal making stuff and chatting. Nar Shadda is really picking up as far as people being inside town doing things. Kurke should be proud.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:04 pm

That's good to hear. Usually I'm the only one there and I'm in the city hall or decorating... hahaha

On a side-note, I am almost done (finally) decorating the city hall and I think I am going to submit it to the Galactic Home Show that Valara runs on the SWG forums. If we win, maybe it will help generate some more traffic into the city.

Speaking of ways to generate traffic, I've found that posting items to the bazaar with descriptions really helps foot traffic in the city. Basically, what I do is put like 5k units of aluminum for sale on the bazaar for say 20k credits. In the description of the item for sale, I put details of the Nar Shadda Mall and coordinates (sort of like an add). I find if people are looking for large quantities of items, they'll read the description and will go to the mall for large quantities.

Also, don't be afraid to price items competitively. You'd be surprised to see how far someone will go for a cheaper price. Since galactic travel is basically free if you have a starship, many will travel from Eisley or wherever to get the cheaper price.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:23 am

I wish the Commercial Division good luck. I will be on tomorrow to make sure you guys have access to my resource stockpile and whatever else I can provide. I already sent a mail to Kurke about my RE suit, but I will see what else I have to aid you. Unfortunately the vast amount of my 500 million credits is on kalice and I do not have access to her.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:35 am

Apium wrote:I wish the Commercial Division good luck. I will be on tomorrow to make sure you guys have access to my resource stockpile and whatever else I can provide. I already sent a mail to Kurke about my RE suit, but I will see what else I have to aid you. Unfortunately the vast amount of my 500 million credits is on kalice and I do not have access to her.

Thanks for that holomail Apium. I've also been coming up with a few ways to possibly fund the Commerce Company. I was thinking about possibly having someone (me) basically harvest and stockpile as many resources as possible and setup a vendor somewhere that only RIDs know about and sell eveyrthing as a flat rate. Any credits made go to either the company, the guild, the guild cities, or as compensation to whoever harvests resources (not sure on that one yet). To me, this seems like a simple method as long as only RIDs know about the vendor and if RIDs use it... I mean, we could fund it all out of pocket, but I'm not sure who would be the ones to fund it. Personally, I don't think I generate enough credits to fund such a venture in the long term. Another possible plus to a cheap resource vendor for the guild is it might give a reason for crafters to stay with us in the long term. I know keeping crafters in the guild over the long-term has always been a challenge, so this might be a way to keep them in. Thoughts?