Anyone want to explain..

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Xoseh
Major
Anyone want to explain..

Post by Xoseh » Sat May 17, 2008 10:00 pm

What happened? I must have missed A LOT since Barney, 'Aresius', and Tofuballl all left.

Edit: Look, I did my job! Lol. Dont worry guys, I might be getting inactive, but I'm sure as hell not going anywhere.
Last edited by Xoseh on Sat May 17, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Sat May 17, 2008 10:04 pm

Well apparently Barney left because..

"I am looking for a different guild"

Her exact words.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Sat May 17, 2008 10:09 pm

Tofu left to also "find another guild"

I guess we arent good enough for these people.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Sat May 17, 2008 10:20 pm

'Aresius' planned on leaving for a while, some responsability crap or something lol.

Conosk is leaving to start his own guild after what he learned from RID. He said if it didnt work out he'd like to rejoin.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat May 17, 2008 10:41 pm

Aresius and Conosk were starting to piss me off, I'm actually glad both of them are leaving. Tofu thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. I don't know what guild is going to drag him through instances, he probably hurts a group more than he helps it.

As far as Barney, I've had mixed feelings about her, but I guess it doesn't matter now.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Sat May 17, 2008 11:22 pm

I had an interesting conversation with her earlier today that included some concerns about a few selected individuals, but I don't think she would have left on a whim about it all. I'm guessing something set her off, but I have no idea what... I've been out all evening at my parents' house, so whatever happened is a complete mystery.
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat May 17, 2008 11:51 pm

There was nothing going on around the time she left, so I don't think she left on a whim. I can't imagine that she would have just left without speaking to lexx first, so hopefully he will fill us in tomorrow. I find most situations involving barney are rather...strange. I would prefer that Lexx tells the officers at 6pm tomorrow and then gives the guild a satisfying explanation at 7pm and then we all just drop it.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun May 18, 2008 9:57 am

Wow... did I miss a lot?

I'll be in-game momentarily to sort this out. Hopefully this is something we can discuss during the officers meeting and guild meeting and move past it, like Apium said.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun May 18, 2008 11:01 am

Okay, I'm thinking I defused the situation. Milicite is a no-factor. He's a new recruit who got confused and left because he thinks the guild is falling or something.

Essentially, we lost Barney, 'Aresius' and Tofuballl. Tofuballl's mother and father are still in RID and they have no intentions of leaving. They say Tofuballl's decision was a bad one. Tofu is just a kid, but he's a good guy, so I'm going to try and get him back.

Conosk hasn't left yet, and I'm hoping he doesn't... although it's hard to say what he'll do. He isn't a particularly great person, but he is an asset combat-wise, and he doesn't have the controversy surrounding him that 'Aresius' had.

As for new recruits, tonight I'll likely be welcoming Redaxxe (a CL 90 medic) and Legal-Beagle (alt of Toor, CL 90 Spy) into RID. And meetings will go as planned.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Sun May 18, 2008 3:30 pm

Honostly, I never liked Barney. She always acted like she ran RID.

Sure she was cool from time to time, but otherwise.. eh.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun May 18, 2008 3:45 pm

To be honest, I sort of saw it coming that she would leave RID. We had conversations where she said RID was falling apart. Basically she felt the officers didn't care to do enough, and that Qaalan leaving was a message of how RID was falling.

I didn't know what to tell her other than the loss on one member isn't a collapse. She cared a lot about RID, so for that I thank her. Although she was a bit too much of a perfectionist. We cant expect people to be perfect in this game, otherwise things become unenjoyable... but eh, I'm rambling.
Last edited by Lexx Yovel on Sun May 18, 2008 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Sun May 18, 2008 4:23 pm

LexxYovel wrote:To be honest, I sort of saw it coming that she would leave RID. We had conversations where she said RID was falling apart. Basically she felt the officers didn't care to do enough, and that Qaalan leaving was a message of how RID was falling.

I dont know what to tell her. She cared a lot about RID, so for that I thank her. Although she was a bit too much of a perfectionist. We cant expect people to be perfect in this game, otherwise things become unenjoyable... but eh, I'm rambling.

I think how Barney acted is a result of living your life in-game... I can't recall a moment when I didn't see her logged in. I mean, wtf do you do for a living? I beat myself up because I'm not on enough to play a bigger role than I do. She LIVES in SWG and I think her attitude reflected that.

That doesn't mean she didn't have some good points about a few people, but you can't expect everyone to live for the game. I also have a philosohpy that people like Barney forget. People pay real money to play this game. In no way do I have a right to tell you how to spend your money. I think she forgot that and expected people to play like she did. LIke I told her yesterday, if she doesn't like how someone plays the game, then don't play with them.

/rant off

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun May 18, 2008 6:58 pm

Well she didn't do anything for a living lol, in fact, she is having a job interview soon so she wont be able to play as much. She claims that was part of the reason for leaving, but it came down to conflicts in personality mostly.

I dont know what happened with Derine, but I think there may have been a fight between the two of 'em.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Sun May 18, 2008 7:25 pm

Well Barney kept harping on Derine that if you can't stay active enough to be a leader in RID, then you shouldn't have been one in the first place... blah... blah... blah...

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun May 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Was Derine like, "why am I not army commander anymore?" Or how did the conversation go?

Anyways, it's not like it's Derine's fault. Must suck to come back from Iraq only to get harped on as you put it (I'm gonna say harp from now on, woohoo!).