Hear me out, Save the Vegetables

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Hear me out, Save the Vegetables

Post by Arev » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Recruitment in Eisley.

I have a hard-time understanding why Starsider maintains a stable population while the RP community is shrinking. Ever since the FCTS, Starsider has seen an influx of PvPers. Even the quality of transfer Imperial RPers has been 'meh', some good transfers, some bad. But, as I was buzzing through Eisley to get buffs, even mid-afternoon, the city was active with all forms of life, including RPers. Why not attempt recruitment there (IC)?

I'm aware of craptastic quality of most Eisley Rpers, but it couldn't hurt, could it?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: Hear me out, Save the Vegetables

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:12 pm

I don't think it could hurt. If nothing else, it'd give an opportunity to expand our operations, and it could lead to better activity in Outpost Kappa/Kashyyyk situations.

The way I see it, if we don't grab decent recruits from Eisley, someone else will. It is after all a hub of activity, and the realities of Starsider may make it difficult to find recruits elsewhere.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:11 pm

I'd say tread carefully on that one, bigtime. Eisley RPers were passable 5 years ago, but now? Meh. Case-in-point, I did an ID check there on Jathox when I had just come back to the game. The woman proceeded to verbally harass him since she was an Inquisitor, she shouldn't have to show ID. (You know, cause they all look the same and can be spotted a mile a way)

I'd say be really careful. Any sort of spatial chatter is often /addignore by other players.

EDIT: What I'd say is go there OOC and just "listen-in" on the RPers. Send tells to the ones that sound decent. I wouldn't actively recruit there. What you'll get is another Sander at worst or another Prace at best.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Absolutely. I've already listened in on various conversations. Ways to avoid 'future Sanders' is to look at bios. If they have something, it's a start. If they have something silly, like a dozen weapons or are from Dathomir (See: SixT), then approach with caution. Remember, day-time RPers have very few places to go, so they tend to hang around Eisley or, where I've been finding Imperial Rpers, invasions. That's how I met XLI (Snakesoul and Dustinzzo).

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Bear in mind too, that we haven't posted on SSG yet. So I don't think many people even know that RID is active. Oh, and I'm still not sure what to do about Sander. I hate to say it, but his bio makes NO sense. Why he's stuck on being a clone is beyond me. How old is he? He comes off like he's 12. I don't want to sound mean, but I don't want people not considering RID because of that one thing.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:32 pm

As far as recruiting RP'ers I can't tell you who is good or bad. I seen Sander last night and his whole body was cybernetic, so I would say tell him to forget the whole clone trooper thing. Very few reasons why a clone trooper would be a complete cyborg and I can't think of one, so I would use that to your angle of helping him.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:40 pm

I had a chat wiht Sander the other night and explained some ground rules to him about doing RP and PVP/PVE. I asked him to try to do one or the other seeing as how he told me he keeps mixing things up. I would say that Jathox or Amodues have a heart to heart with him again and figure out where he will go in the RP world if he goes there at all.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:17 pm

Osar wrote:I would say that Jathox or Amodues have a heart to heart with him again and figure out where he will go in the RP world if he goes there at all.

We tried. I believe Jathox and I each sat down with him at least twice, as well as Lexx.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but the Sander situation is the equivalent of a Stormtrooper RPer not wanting to wear Stormtrooper armor. The difference between us and another RP PA is that the other PA can boot the guy right away. All we can do is slap him on the wrist and *hope* he changes.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Yeah, pretty much. Poop.