Resolutions on Sander, Demens, and Prace

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Resolutions on Sander, Demens, and Prace

Post by Arev » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:09 am

First, we need to face reality that Demens and Prace will probably /guildr themselves soon. Demens' current character concept is an ARC Trooper who disobeyed Order 66 and was frozen in carbonite to be thawed in the 'modern era'. Apparently, he and his squad share this concept. It's unknown if they'll be Rebels, Imperials, or whatever. However, Demens did say he was planning on becoming more active RID, he failed to state when that was. I'm not planning on that being any time soon, if ever. Likewise, Prace hasn't logged in about four days. When these events previously occurred, it most assuredly results in a /guildr. We should be aware of this. Jathox, I would recommend removing them entirely from the TABORG and ICly treating them as MIA/AWOL upon /guildr's.

Second, we need a final resolution on Sander. It's painfully obvious that Jathox and I are not getting through to him. We either tell him to stick with a previously approved concept or don't roleplay while in RID; and if he continues to roleplay with an unapproved concept, he faces a potential removal. It sucks that we need to create ultimatums, but a bad roleplayer is as much of a liability to our reputation as an Eisley spammer, SFH'er, or racist jokester. It is a shame so many ignorant and narrow-minded people would brand an entire PA based on one player's actions, but that is the reality we live in.

What do you all think?

EDIT: Typo
Last edited by Arev on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: Resolutions on Sander, Demens, and Prace

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:26 am

I too wouldn't be surprised about Demens and Prace. If they leave on their own accord that pretty much solves itself.

As for Sander, I say give him a bit more time. I'll try talking to him myself and see if I can get through to him. He just needs to learn how to keep things simple and see the full picture.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:32 am

Good luck, you're gonna need it. ;)

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:19 pm

The problem with Sander is that he wants to play a certain role that just doesn't fit in the scope of Imperial RP. He's going to play someone that is half-man/half-machine. That is just dandy in my mind. He is needlessly complicating the mixture. First he wanted to be an unstable ex-clone. Now he wants to be a Phase Zero Dark Trooper. That project was so secret that no one in Kappa currently has enough clout to learn about it, especially in a way out of the way outpost. And like I told Lexx, even if we let him play that, how is that any fun?

DT's don't have a personality in the traditional sense. Dark Troopers don't go bar-hopping one night and sleep it off the next day. They're pointed at an area and "let loose." Honestly, I think Spectre is the PA for him, not RID. There's a reason why most of my characters are completely human. With such a small population, there's simply nothing to do if you have a restrictive concept. A DT would make a good PNPC. But a main? If he plays it right, he'll find out just how un-fun it is real fast. (Not mention, you don't go up to a stormtrooper and say, 'hi thar, I'm a Dark Trooper! How's your shift going?' As an example.)

But seriously guys, when he "uncloaked" his BARC, I facepalmed.

[Edited for spelling]

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:10 pm

Only suggestion I can offer to any of this stuff is that you inform Sander that he is on a probation peroid until you guys can come up with a solution that works for everyone. I am not big on words, being a simple minded redneck, but I try to use what little ones I can use correctly...the point of me saying that is that if I was to step out of my world and talk big with huge words I would want some one to inform me to stop what I was doing to save my face. So in us letting him to continue to RP with out the proper education of it would be like me trying to be a huge talkative (and that is a word) lawyer with huge words. So put him on a series of probation stages until he learns how things work and then let him build his own character, like let him be a simple common Storm Trooper in some huge event and learn what the special ones do and how they interact.

As for the other 2, I can't speak for them cause I have yet to meet them.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:45 pm

In a way, it would almost be better if Sander just went back to his original idea as an unstable, cybernetic ex-clonetrooper.

Though Osar does have a point. At the very least we can tell Sander not to get involved in guild RP until he at least has clear character concept that he'll not only have fun playing, but melds well with the type of Imperial RP established in Outpost Kappa.

Clearly being a Darktrooper would not work well. I say that he should work out his ex-clonetrooper concept out more, but consider playing as a simple Scoutrooper for most situations.

It'd help for him to learn the basics before doing anything too complicated. But I'll see if I can talk to him, as hard is it can be.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:38 pm

LexxYovel wrote:In a way, it would almost be better if Sander just went back to his original idea as an unstable, cybernetic ex-clonetrooper.

Though Osar does have a point. At the very least we can tell Sander not to get involved in guild RP until he at least has clear character concept that he'll not only have fun playing, but melds well with the type of Imperial RP established in Outpost Kappa.

Clearly being a Darktrooper would not work well. I say that he should work out his ex-clonetrooper concept out more, but consider playing as a simple Scoutrooper for most situations.

It'd help for him to learn the basics before doing anything too complicated. But I'll see if I can talk to him, as hard is it can be.

Really, tossing him into a scout suit would cause a lot of trouble. I'd just rather have him do his original concept, as you said. Last thing we need is a character in Imperial uniform that just doesn't understand.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:42 am

Jathox wrote:Really, tossing him into a scout suit would cause a lot of trouble. I'd just rather have him do his original concept, as you said. Last thing we need is a character in Imperial uniform that just doesn't understand.

This.

We're more than willing to work with Sander, but after a while, we have to ask ourselves, "Why bother?".

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Well from what I know of him and what you say about the other 2, I would just say that's because he shows more interest in staying in the guild than the other 2.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:59 pm

And Demens is gone.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:37 pm

Arev wrote:And Demens is gone.

Did he /guildr? I don't hold that against him, I suppose. What rubbed me the wrong way was that he ignored tells for a few days. And it's not like he's AFK, he spends most of his logged-on time ATK.

I wish him luck on Rhaze's plot, because it will be mighty boring when the action moves away from his group and he's just a standing story-teller prop.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:46 am

Did you talk with Sander, Lexx?

The other day he mentioned in GuildChat about an SD-O member getting harassed by some Rebel in Eisley. He said, "We should help him". I responded, "No, that's meta-gaming, using OOC knowledge to affect IC circumstances. Besides, Kashyyyk is too far away to help on Tatooine." That shut him up.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:49 am

Arev wrote:Did you talk with Sander, Lexx?

The other day he mentioned in GuildChat about an SD-O member getting harassed by some Rebel in Eisley. He said, "We should help him". I responded, "No, that's meta-gaming, using OOC knowledge to affect IC circumstances. Besides, Kashyyyk is too far away to help on Tatooine." That shut him up.

Yeah, I've given him the "Kashyyyk is our AO" talk before. Baby steps, I guess.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:14 am

I talked to him briefly but told him I would like to catch him later for a more in depth converstion. I haven't been able to catch him since then though, but I'll try getting on earlier to see if we'll be able to talk then.

When we talked briefly, I suggested that if he had to chose between his Darktrooper concept or the ex-Clonetrooper concept, he should work with the Clonetrooper one. He seemed rather confused, and said something about a Darktrooper being a clone too or something. I'll just reiterate to him what was already mentioned here -- that being a Darktrooper isn't very versatile in RP, among other things.

Yeah, and it's really dumb that he would suggest interfering with SD-O iin Eisley. I mean that's roleplaying 101 for crying out loud, you don't just randomly get involved in some RP situation you don't know about on some random world.

But at least he seemed to get the hint about that occurence.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:26 pm

LexxYovel wrote:I talked to him briefly but told him I would like to catch him later for a more in depth converstion. I haven't been able to catch him since then though, but I'll try getting on earlier to see if we'll be able to talk then.

When we talked briefly, I suggested that if he had to chose between his Darktrooper concept or the ex-Clonetrooper concept, he should work with the Clonetrooper one. He seemed rather confused, and said something about a Darktrooper being a clone too or something. I'll just reiterate to him what was already mentioned here -- that being a Darktrooper isn't very versatile in RP, among other things.

Yeah, and it's really dumb that he would suggest interfering with SD-O iin Eisley. I mean that's roleplaying 101 for crying out loud, you don't just randomly get involved in some RP situation you don't know about on some random world.

But at least he seemed to get the hint about that occurence.

Sadly even 'veteran' RPers don't play by those rules. Just ask Amodeus about Anishor. There are plenty of neutral pirates out there that will call their buddies--who somehow make the Corellia to Tatooine run in 15 seconds--the second they see an Imperial patrol. /facepalm