Alveria

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Jathox
Alveria

Post by Jathox » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:43 am

I am currently talking to her IG now. I will likely ask her to remove the FS part of her character's background. I'm also explaining that in order for her to be flying for the Empire, she'd have to be a commissioned officer in the Imperial Navy. I don't know where to place her if she can get a good background. Maybe as an Imperial Cadet? And once she graduates, she can be posted to a scout unit or a CompForce unit.

CompForce Observ might not be a bad role for here if it's a largely non-combatant role in which she learns the rules of the road. I'd have her to all her RP essentially in a set of Army-colored grays.

Jathox

Re: Alveria

Post by Jathox » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:53 am

She seems to waffle back and forth on her character's Imperial affiliations. Something about having RPed an Imperial officer commanding storm troopers? Not sure if it was on that toon or another. I told her that all transfers will have been to Imperial Military BCT so that they are at least a PV2. I'm asking her to alter her background. The only spot I can think of (unless a major re-write takes place) is as a CompForce Observ cadet.

I think as of now, we need to decline her application and ask her to re-do it.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 am

She's Aargen's RL gf I think. Which brings me to my next issue, has Aargen formally RPed as a scout before? Does he know how?

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:13 am

Denied her application. I think she still doesn't get that piloting and profession are OOC. She thought about dropping Imperial pilot for neutral. I told her she doesn't have to--piloting is OOC. I told her that unless she's a commissioned officer in the Imperial Navy, she isn't an Imperial pilot.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:51 am

As I talk to Jathox in-game about his conversation with Alveria, I believe that I found the root of the problem we've had: We don't clearly enunciate what RP options are available to potential recruits. This isn't limited to applications, this includes being communicative towards members. If Alveria wants to keep her glowbat-ness, her RP potential will be very limited. She's friends with Aargen, who although he expressed interest in being a Scout Trooper has made no effort to follow-through. I believe the best alternative right now would be carry over our RP information and post it all here, applications, everything.

This isn't a quick fix to our problems, but it'll help in the long-term.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:53 am

I'm going to sticky much of that information to the Applications & Personnel Database as well as the roleplay forums.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:41 am

I propose changing the 'other' option:

[ ] Other Imperial Military

I propose adding this disclaimer:

Applications for Force Sensitive characters are currently not accepted. It is our intent to be a mainstream Imperial Military PA, offering unique opportunities not found in other PAs within the context of Star Wars canon. There are established Imperial PAs that offer the FS avenue for their members, and we would recommend contacting them with your FS interests.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:50 am

Added.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:48 pm

What time zone is she in?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:19 pm

She didn't put that in her application for some reason, but I assume it's the same as Aargen's, which is US Central.