Last Idea for the Month from me (Osar)....LIFE DAY

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Osar
Staff Sergeant
Last Idea for the Month from me (Osar)....LIFE DAY

Post by Osar » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:21 pm

I just had an idea come to my head. You know how every year you are given 1 gift for Life Day and 1 to give away correct?

I was thinking if they do that this year, why not have a guild wide Life Day party that you exchange gifts with. You would have to organize it, like having every one draw a number. You would simply put it a item you can name in a pack and name it 1 and sell it for 1 credit. Then have a master copy of all numbers, if you had 1-100 you could have 1 and 45 exchanged or what not.

I know it's not the best way to do that, but it's a rough draft. We can fine tune it as we get closer to Christmas Day or there soon after.

Just a little idea to help bring in some guild cohesion if you guys would like to do it.

This doesn't have to be just RID, others can come too provided they bring a gift to exchange.

Arev
Colonel

Re: Last Idea for the Month from me (Osar)....LIFE DAY

Post by Arev » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:08 am

I like the numbers idea. It can be on the spot. I'd recommend doing this Dec. 19.

Other than that, I love the idea. We should encourage people to dress up too. :D

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:42 am

I think it's a cool idea.

It's something we can pull off before Christmas probably, as I'll be away on a trip during that time.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:47 pm

Cool, the 19th sounds like a good day to me. All we need to do now is just make an advertisement and annocement for it like you did for the Anniversary. And like Amodeus said, it would be nice to have those that would dress up in thier virutal best.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Something I forgot to ask, Location (City) and whose place (structure)? And more over what time EST? I should be here for the rest of the month. Also, is this just going to be a guild, faction or SS event?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:20 pm

RID and just our closest allies could work.

As for the city, either Kappa or Fort Oasis works. If we do it in Fort Oasis we can use the cantina or the lounge area of the Fort Oasis guild hall.

Basically any evening time during the 19th could work.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:52 am

Sounds like a plan to me, I just hope that the update is out by then. What I mean is that the Moon Feastival update did not come out until almost Halloween, so there might be a chance will be the same for Life Day. Anyways, I think it will be fun. If you need me to, I will have white make some knives or something named 1-100 or what ever range of numbers you think I should use. And I can always find factory crates of packs to put them in, so just let me know if and when you want me to start crafting.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:02 am

http://www.random.org/

This is the most awesome site I have ever seen for Random Generated Numbers. You can tell it to make 50 sets of 2, with donominations 1-100 and it will do it. This is what I will use to generate the exchange numbers. If you think of a better idea, please let me know.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Life Day, I think, is supposed to launch next week, so that shouldn't be an issue. Let's host this one in Fort Oasis...in Lexx's house...

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:29 pm

I love that idea of using Lexx's house, we can loot and ra....wait I shouldn't be saying that here should I? Oh well, I will start making little items with number for names and find some packs. Only thing I would need you guys to do is give Whitelightnings admin to set down the vendor in what ever struture we do finally decide to have it in, *cough*Lexx's house*cough*.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:25 am

Haha, we can do it my house. But I have a slicehound there who will devour anyone that attempts to loot and pillage!

I'll give you admin there so a vendor can be set up. I'll also start advertising this event fully tomorrow, after our anniversary party.

Good work on getting the numbered items, just let me know if you'll need anything else.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Do you have an approximate number or do you just want me to make 100? That would make things easier.

So far tonight I have made the first 20 and will wait til you say further.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:43 am

Ok, had a total brain fart, gifts need to be opened outside. I would recommend the vendor be moved to the cantina, and we do the 'party' outside there.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:50 am

Ok, but how many packs will I need to put in the vendor? I don't want to over do it on the packs.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:34 am

Maybe 10 more would be sufficient? Just to be safe.