Relations with SixT - Chance to improve/Possible merger?

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Relations with SixT - Chance to improve/Possible merger?

Post by Arev » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:37 am

As P'nub and Osar may be aware, SixT's most active members are composed of former RID RPers. But, over the past month, several of those members have either left or became inactive; Patryn left over issues with Farik, Apauck started college, Farik took a break and then resigned as leader, leaving 'Hal is the current leader. They really can't have many members at this point, I know of at least two or three others that also jumped ship. They can't have more than a handful of active members.

The question I have is should we approach them to merge? Relations with them are good, that I'm not concerned about, but they may be hesitant to merge as 1. They are established in Ometra, Rori, which is somewhat in-active as well, and I don't think the non-former-RID would be fond of joining RID.

What do you think?

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Re: Relations with SixT - Chance to improve/Possible merger?

Post by Osar » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:33 am

I would say it wouldn't hurt to talk. I am all about recruiting, but I know some members of SixT might resent it. I would say make an offer of some value if initial talks fail. That's just my POV, I would be more than willing if some one offered some insentive to joining thier guild. Just so I am clear, only make the offer after the first TALKS and only if they flat out fail, then start out really small and determine how far up in value we would want to go.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:51 pm

I'm certainly open to the idea. Absolutely though, as Osar said, we should talk with them to ensure that there is no confusion.

Certainly not every active member in Six-T will be willing to merge with us. How many of them are active, and who are they anyways?

If they do decide to merge, we'd really need to make sure drama does not spark up like it did before. I think we'd also need to be open to the idea of letting them stay in Ometra if they want to continue running it.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:11 pm

LexxYovel wrote:I think we'd also need to be open to the idea of letting them stay in Ometra if they want to continue running it.

Well this is the insentive I was refering to, and if you do this it will help keep down the drama from what happened last time. I hate to be a bummer, but we also need to think of what would happen if Farik and Apuack come back trying to get thier guild back.

P.S. By the way, where is P'Nub? Would love to hear some things from him about some of these issues.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:57 am

Apauck, as far as I'm aware, is still in SixT. Farik and Reima (another active SixT member) joined -CSA-.

CSA - Corporate Sector Authority, every time I see I think, "Confederate States of America" and want to call them "Johnny Rebs". XD They're based out of, humorously, Zaken Hub, Talus.

I'll talk to 'Hal next time I see him online.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:08 pm

Would be cool to have more active members, especially since we got some lower lvl'ed players. This will help us help them (the lower lvl'ed players) out.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:05 am

I talked with Cuyan (another former RID, who joined Mando, and recently joined SixT) about their current situation. They're in a period of "rebuilding" (where does that sound familiar). They have about six active members at the moment, but he didn't define their activity level; Apauck is not on very often, and I haven't seen Te'rei and Desjani is a week or two. Interestingly, Cuyan wants to get SixT more involved in PvP which 'Hal agrees with, but I am certain they'll find opposition from Te'rei and Desjani who represent SixT's original pre-RID membership and are somewhat opposed to PvP being used with mainstream RP. Last time I saw Hal on, he was on his main, Jeremiah-J.
Last edited by Arev on Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:41 am

I talked with Cuyan also, and he mentioned that they were in the "rebuilding" phase, which seemed to imply that merging with RID was not their first objective.

But we'll see how far they'll go. It's unlikely they'll manage to do much with the active members they have, and they still seem rather split to begin with.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:16 am

Indeed, worth keeping an eye on.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Any news on this?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything since my talks with Cuyan.

Not sure on Amodeus' end though.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:31 am

Nope not really. They moved to Zaken Hub. Cuyan's been hanging out on his alt most recently. And SixT hasn't had an applicant since 12/6. They lost a few notable members as well (to other RP types).

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Wow, didn't know 6T had declined that much. I still remember their opening night in Aventine with possibly 10+ troopers.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:53 pm

4/10 SixT is much different than 1/11 SixT--different premise, different leadership, different rules, etc.

I could even compare the 1/11 RID to the 1/10 RID and they would be completely different. If I went back to the 1/09 RID, the differences would be even greater.

Jathox

Post by Jathox » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:41 pm

True that. Is it fair to say they've become 'RP Lite' much like XCV was?