Jo'taur's Removal

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Jo'taur's Removal

Post by Arev » Wed May 26, 2010 9:14 pm

I wanted to give this a thread of its own.

It is our responsibility right now to explain to members that he wasn't kicked for any one significant reason, but because he did several smaller offenses that culminated in our decision to remove him. Let's be honest, the only people (to my knowledge) that had beef with him have access to this forum.

There will be some PR fallout from this. I also don't believe it is entirely out of the question to consider reguilding him in the future, after a very long discussion.

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Re: Jo'taur's Removal

Post by Ramd » Wed May 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Reguilding him would be a very bad idea. He's launched an email campaign specifically targeted against the Council, but really against you, Arev, and myself.

He's already shown that he's a practiced liar and has the ethics of a snake-oil salesman.

As of now, the only members that seem to have a problem with it are Artimaes and Cuyen, but they'll eventually figure it out.

Farik
Private

Post by Farik » Wed May 26, 2010 9:33 pm

You ask me for my opinion on it this morning...I've given it and it has not changed. Had to be the only council member to field questions on it all day today and half the questions were people going OMG Arev is power mongering and I was like no..he asked us what we thought and went from there, there's a difference

Once I've come to a firm decision on something I do NOT reverse myself, period. My only regret is as said elsewhere being in enough pain and discomfort not to take screen of the thread ramd mentioned. Im not speaking of this subject again no matter what the outcome.

An IG mail was sent as soon as I got home form work and could get in game.

Apauck
Lance Corporal

Post by Apauck » Wed May 26, 2010 10:03 pm

Okay, the guy has made some pretty blatant statements that are inexscusable. W have punished him for doing so and the punishment was kicking him. We have never before gone back on our decision as long as I have been in the guild and I don't intend to do so now. If there was a genuine mistake (which there isn't) then I can see but there is none. If we go back, we look soft. If we look soft people will not take orders, and if there is no leadership, there is anarchy. Nothing can exist in anarchy. If what others have said is correct, then we should not recruit him back EVER! If you don't like what others did then just leave it. If you want to fix it then you don't bash the fixers. He is gone and we leave him gone and let everything die down and field any problems we have because of this individually.

Farik
Private

Post by Farik » Wed May 26, 2010 11:14 pm

If you get complaints about me regarding this since it just came up I'll say this. I fielded questions and wrote an IG explenation letter today. 8+ hours of dealing with this and I've well done more than my fair share of it. I didn't type that IG guild mail for my own amusement. Drama drain and over what, a guy who makes me look like only an ass as opposed to a complete ass :lol:

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu May 27, 2010 9:41 am

All I have to say is rebuilding him, at least any time soon, would probably be the wrong thing to do.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu May 27, 2010 9:42 am

*reguilding

Dumb keyboard lol

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Thu May 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Of course, the only reason why I suggested that is because, politically-speaking, it was a bad choice for me to remove him. As Farik noted, people know that we had differences, so when I removed him it only looked that much worse. On the other hand, he respects Lexx, so had he removed him it would have sent a clearer message. Perhaps, when Lexx returns, he can send out a message reinforcing that; in other words, "If I had been here, I would have kicked Jo'taur as well".

Farik
Private

Post by Farik » Thu May 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Thats why I reinforced the message throughout the day that your decisions was NOT unilateral to several guild members in tells, then through IG mail and on the forums. precisely because the guild members needed to understand that your decision was NOT made alone. :)

EDIT: He's really really not our problem now, he applied to SPECTRE

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Thu May 27, 2010 11:59 pm

Farik wrote:Thats why I reinforced the message throughout the day that your decisions was NOT unilateral to several guild members in tells, then through IG mail and on the forums. precisely because the guild members needed to understand that your decision was NOT made alone. :)

EDIT: He's really really not our problem now, he applied to SPECTRE

SPECTRE can have him.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri May 28, 2010 6:39 am

Ahaha. I saw that he joined Spectre. He'll fit in perfectly there.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri May 28, 2010 7:18 am

I double-checked the time-stamps on his in-game message "Evasion, Lies and Deceit I" and that was posted 90 minutes AFTER his submitted his Spectre application. Ahaha.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri May 28, 2010 12:48 pm

Tommorow I will be addressing the guild, and in my address I will clarify that the decision to remove jo was approved by me prior to amodys action.

I will say that immediate action was necessary, pending further investigation. I think ultimately, our guild will grow stronger from this event. Even artimaes, a buddy of Jo, feels that reguilding him would be wrong, but he felt the councils actions were premature. I'll make it clear that the guild leadership was in constant communication.

See ya all tomorrow!

Farik
Private

Post by Farik » Fri May 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Arev wrote:I double-checked the time-stamps on his in-game message "Evasion, Lies and Deceit I" and that was posted 90 minutes AFTER his submitted his Spectre application. Ahaha.

I LOLd so hard at this crap. Obviously I've found the greatest failure in of a person to understand basic organizational management principles in Jo'tour. I guess he don't understand that when I say or another council member says we will take concerns up the chain that he does not get to know about them. :lol: Maybe I'll be nice and send him a powerpoint presentation on the subject.