Red-Dawn, Imperia, and SD-O

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Red-Dawn, Imperia, and SD-O

Post by Arev » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:40 am

I'm not sure who else he CC'd, but Red-Dawn is running for mayor in Imperia, Fort Keen's SW neighbor. (If you breeze through this forum, you can see the history of Fort Keen and Imperia.) Red-Dawn used to be in SD-O, the Imperial RP PA that operates out of Imperia. SD-O has become very, very inactive--more inactive than it ever has been in it's five-year history.

Anyways, I'm not sure what his plans are with that city. He's tentatively calling it 'Fort Keen West', but I'm a bigger fan of Fort Basten. :D

We'll see what happens in three weeks. I may end up meeting with Red-Dawn and seeing if we can 'merge' the remainder of SD-O with RID. We're active, we do stuff (more or less), and we have a growing RP contingent. (I'd do my happy dance if I saw Veruca' with an RID tag on--talk about a Commerce Division revival!) It was Ramd that brought Red-Dawn into RID. Red may be able to bring the rest into the fold as well. Of course, this would royally piss off Kaliban (SD-O leader) if he ever comes back...

Food for thought.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:25 am

Yep, he spoke to me about this yesterday, saying his citizens were okay with him winning the election.

As far as he's concerned, he's got the election in the bag, as it's the final week in the cycle.

Having a "suburbian" city to Fort Keen would be pretty cool. I told him we'd try to help him get citizens, but that it might be a gradual process. Hopefully with their current citizens it can be maintained adequately for now.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:28 pm

The remainder of SD-O will be meeting soon to determine what to do. I exhorted Red-Dawn to sit on that meeting and try to get the remainder into RID. Even if he doesn't get invited, he's going to send out an mail after he becomes Mayor to the Imperia citizens about joining RID.

Of course, like we've done in the past, I'd recommend doing a merge between RID and the current active membership of SD-O.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:43 am

Arev wrote:The remainder of SD-O will be meeting soon to determine what to do. I exhorted Red-Dawn to sit on that meeting and try to get the remainder into RID. Even if he doesn't get invited, he's going to send out an mail after he becomes Mayor to the Imperia citizens about joining RID.

Of course, like we've done in the past, I'd recommend doing a merge between RID and the current active membership of SD-O.

it sounds great well done arev
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Red-Dawn, Imperia, and SD-O

Post by Daiho » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:14 am

Arev wrote:I'm not sure who else he CC'd, but Red-Dawn is running for mayor in Imperia, Fort Keen's SW neighbor. (If you breeze through this forum, you can see the history of Fort Keen and Imperia.) Red-Dawn used to be in SD-O, the Imperial RP PA that operates out of Imperia. SD-O has become very, very inactive--more inactive than it ever has been in it's five-year history.

Anyways, I'm not sure what his plans are with that city. He's tentatively calling it 'Fort Keen West', but I'm a bigger fan of Fort Basten. :D

We'll see what happens in three weeks. I may end up meeting with Red-Dawn and seeing if we can 'merge' the remainder of SD-O with RID. We're active, we do stuff (more or less), and we have a growing RP contingent. (I'd do my happy dance if I saw Veruca' with an RID tag on--talk about a Commerce Division revival!) It was Ramd that brought Red-Dawn into RID. Red may be able to bring the rest into the fold as well. Of course, this would royally piss off Kaliban (SD-O leader) if he ever comes back...

Food for thought.

Seriously I don't know if it's an awesome idea to support another city.

We have:
*Fort Oasis
*Fort Keen
*Fort Endeavour (is it the one on Rori near the Restuss starport?)
*Sarlaac City
*Fort Nar Shadda

5 cities, less than 40 active members. We have difficulties to hold those 5 over 50 citizens. I think we should focus on our major city and securize them before to raise RID Outpost.

With the 90-day inactive pack up we might loose a city soon with the arrival of new games on the market.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:40 pm

From my understanding, Fort Endeavour (by Fort Tusken) was going to be turned over to a transfer PA--Lexx will need to confirm this.

Is Rett still mayor of Sarlaac City? Considering he hasn't been around in six months, I assumed someone took it over from him. If this is the case, then I say we remove our support from it.

As for Imperia, frankly, I would consider that 'Fort Keen overflow'. In other words, with Talus Rank 4/5 capped, it's going to be hard convincing people to move into Imperia (which is around 1.6km from the nearest shuttleport), when they could simply move into Fort Keen. Ironically, the enough-to-be mayor of Imperia has a Fort Keen militia alt. So, I wouldn't worry too much about it, right away. I say we formally treat it as overflow, without actually calling it as such.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:13 pm

Fort Endeavour wont be handed off, but a guild is moving in to help keep its citizen count up.

Sarlaac City is no longer ran by Rett, but was transferred to a guild called EE. We're still somewhat close in relation to the city though.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Why not just let this PA take Fort Endeavour then? How many RID actually live there? Most are situated in the 'big three'.

If EE is in Sarlaac, then we shouldn't have to worry about that city.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:57 pm

What about Fort Legacy and Fort Victory?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Fort Victory is ran by Erougn, but Jjake is on militia. Jjake usually logs on Erougn's character now to administer the city. We hardly have anything to do with it.

Osar used to be mayor of Fort Legacy, but he decided to step down and hand off control.

It's important to remember than not ALL Forts are RID-exclusive cities. They should be considered Imperial cities though, and allies essentially.

I won't hand off control of Fort Endeavour because I invested a lot of credits to purchase that real-estate. I believe once a city slot clears on Tatooine it would be beneficial to have a shuttleport in that area.

The only reason Rett handed off control of Sarlaac City was because he was not playing as much and there was no other RID around dedicated enough to manage a city. Also, there was a conflicting party working against Rett. We wanted to ensure that we still had some say in city affairs, and MaximusXVI of EE agreed to run against our opponent and move in citizens to win. Because of this, we now have some sway within the city which could prove useful in the future.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:20 am

LexxYovel wrote:Fort Victory is ran by Erougn, but Jjake is on militia. Jjake usually logs on Erougn's character now to administer the city. We hardly have anything to do with it.

Osar used to be mayor of Fort Legacy, but he decided to step down and hand off control.

It's important to remember than not ALL Forts are RID-exclusive cities. They should be considered Imperial cities though, and allies essentially.

I won't hand off control of Fort Endeavour because I invested a lot of credits to purchase that real-estate. I believe once a city slot clears on Tatooine it would be beneficial to have a shuttleport in that area.

The only reason Rett handed off control of Sarlaac City was because he was not playing as much and there was no other RID around dedicated enough to manage a city. Also, there was a conflicting party working against Rett. We wanted to ensure that we still had some say in city affairs, and MaximusXVI of EE agreed to run against our opponent and move in citizens to win. Because of this, we now have some sway within the city which could prove useful in the future.

i do heroics with EE guild a lot with mooke
they are nice
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:56 pm

I talked with Red yesterday and he explained that SD-O is currently having a new election with Onard (something like that) running for the position. The few remaining citizens of Imperia have run against Red as well, because they weren't sure about his plans with the city.

So, suffice to say, this topic is moot now. Back to the status quo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBVUlgG8Lm8

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Lol, gee thanks for the link Arev :P

But yeah Red-Dawn informed me that it looks like he won't bother trying to run against them. I suppose it's okay, he seems happy with his jobs as a militiaman.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:24 pm

You're welcome. :)

He moved to FNS, believe it or not. Decorating over there apparently.

We need to remember to pay him, decorating two RID cities nearly every day. Ahaha. That's dedication.