guild chat last night

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

auren
Warrant Officer II
guild chat last night

Post by auren » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:26 am

This is a follow on from my last message but last night i was in exar kun i was there with a rebel group and for some reason mooke has made it onto peoples ek email list as a message being sent to rebels looking to group medics, after they invited me they said when i turned up "oh you're imperial ?" lol nice to feel wanted :D

Whilst in the heroic i was keeping a eye on guild chat to see if anyone needed help/advice or zoning rights to place a house maybe or maybe friends of people in RID that needed recruiting. When i noticed two people chatting the two people were tk twofoursix (or whatever his name is) and aratak. Whilst watching guild chat i think both tk and aratak didn't realise i was online or i guess keeping a eye on guildchat box. I watched as both aratak and tk ran down the guilds council structure and then started to discuss the fact that noone was ever online from RID.

I then got the jist of what aratak was trying to say when he mentioned there weren't any positions of power available in the guild and that the positions that were taken up by people who were useless. He then mentioned how long it had been since some members had logged in and then mentioned that the guild curator hadn't logged in for 184 days (im guessing this amount) and that he said if it all wasn't so sad it would be funny!

i have screen grabbed some of this conversation. I will post it into this message when i get home tonight, you will have to bare with me because most of the screen grabs were taken frantically whilst i was fighting the clenched fist and doing the final part of EK.

Im not trying to stir things up here but my own feelings well im going to say what i feel here and not hold back ( i suppose thats what we have to do here ? ).

If Aratak feels like he does about RID why is he in the guild ? A guild is what everyone in the guild makes it and if a position of power is all Aratak seems to want then why doesn't he start his own guild rather than run people down in the council to get to where he wants to be? I don't think comments like this in guild chat will help the guild or peoples opinion of it

I do try to get on with most people even ones i don't particularly like with different personalities as a example - Bovive whom i have tried to get on with and have got to be close friends with over the time i have known him even after i initially had alternate opinions and gameplay differences as him when we first met. Lexx helped as a mediator and i actually found myself asking Bovive to join my heroic group this week and left Bovive in charge /makeleader Bovive when i went offline. We have grown into friends.

i will try to post chat grabs later but bare in mind i was healing greyjusticar and his guild in EK at the time i tried to grab the screens. Oh i managed to win the roll and got a massasi carbine too which i have been after for some time for mooke. I also now have all three sets of 5 piece medic jewellery now for mooke too !! (that's probably scarier than any chat log)
Last edited by auren on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:08 am

I didn't like what I read.
Maybe Aratak and his friend should ask themselves: How much I spend on other things than playing at SWG? A guild council member is oftently on to accept members and manage guild drama. I like our system.

(I haven't log since a couples of days and I made a shout on the website to let you all know that I'll be back on prolly tuesday night.)

Plus Aratak can always argue but I haven't seen a post on the forum from him. RID isn't just ingame. We want people to participate on the forum. Maybe not often like us (Lexx & guild council members).

If it's a position in the council that he wants he doesn't take the good way and SERIOUSLY he didn't deserve one.

I'll stop there and continue to discuss with you later. I have some study to catch up.

*puff* *puff*

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:28 am

I think Aratak needs a lesson in manners and needs to learn more about us before spewing stuff in guild chat.

He obviously isn't informed about our current guild positions.

The guild curator title was simply given to Rett as a simple "thank you" for opening a neat museum, nothing else. It's not like he holds any power in RID.

He also doesn't seem to know the alts of the Council members. If he knew this, it'd be quite obvious that all of you log on. Yes, Ramd has announced that he'd like to step down from the Council position, but for now you (Auren), Daiho and Arev are quite active.

Post the logs if you can so I can get an understanding.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:33 am

LexxYovel wrote:I think Aratak needs a lesson in manners and needs to learn more about us before spewing stuff in guild chat.

He obviously isn't informed about our current guild positions.

The guild curator title was simply given to Rett as a simple "thank you" for opening a neat museum, nothing else. It's not like he holds any power in RID.

He also doesn't seem to know the alts of the Council members. If he knew this, it'd be quite obvious that all of you log on. Yes, Ramd has announced that he'd like to step down from the Council position, but for now you (Auren), Daiho and Arev are quite active.

Post the logs if you can so I can get an understanding.

i will post them later when im home

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:34 am

Regarding TK-OneSixTwo, his difficulty with RID leadership isn't with us, but with everyone else and how they treat us. In other words, he's coming from a background in which the leader and officers are given and shown respect. The 'Lexx example' is that whenever Lexx enters a room, we salute. We flank Lexx (in Stormtrooper armor/PA uniforms) while in public, and so on. "Lexx is our Emperor," as he said, referring to us being Imperials and Palpatine.

I told him it's a good idea, but I don't think it's going to catch on. Besides, we don't want Lexx to get too big of a head now, do we? :)

It's also disappointing to hear that about Aratak. Wasn't it just a few days ago Auren said something about "finally liking him (Aratak)"? Could it be that he's bitter about not becoming Rog's #2 or whatever. Maybe Rog led him to believe (or he led himself to believe) that Rog had a leadership position, which as we discussed in this forum, he has responsibilities and a nifty title, but not a councilman.

I find his attitude odd considering he toured me around his bunker and he had nothing but nice things to say about the help he was receiving from Illiaxe and Zee'os (Fort Oasis citizen) and how he was going to invite the PA over soon to preview the bunker soon.

As for the whole inactives and what-not, well, I'm not going to say anything.

Solutions:
1.a.) Lexx sends out a guild mail explaining rank structure and how titles are bestowed. Everytime someone attains a new title a mail is sent out (by Lexx or Councilmen). If the title has responsibilities, those are included in the mail.
1.b.) A mail is sent out today or tomorrow explaining the current titled members. I have no idea who the "Guild Beastmaster" or "Guild Bum" are, as they're inactive.
2.) Lexx continues with the roster purge. As long as members know that our 231 membership roster is mostly inactive, it is embarrassing.
3.) Lexx sends out a guild mail explaining the importance of forum usage.

That's it for now. I may have more later.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:51 pm

Yeah I already went online earlier and sent a guild-wide mail kindly clarifying the current structure.

I also send a private mail to Aratak that if he had internal guild concerns, that he should bring them to me privately and not spew them in guild chat, where others can get the wrong impression.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:12 pm

http://tinypic.com/r/16lbtj4/4

http://tinypic.com/r/ftk6bp/4

http://tinypic.com/r/2w1v1c8/4

i didnt get worst comments these are some i did
you will have to trust me

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Arev wrote:Regarding TK-OneSixTwo, his difficulty with RID leadership isn't with us, but with everyone else and how they treat us. In other words, he's coming from a background in which the leader and officers are given and shown respect. The 'Lexx example' is that whenever Lexx enters a room, we salute. We flank Lexx (in Stormtrooper armor/PA uniforms) while in public, and so on. "Lexx is our Emperor," as he said, referring to us being Imperials and Palpatine.

I told him it's a good idea, but I don't think it's going to catch on. Besides, we don't want Lexx to get too big of a head now, do we? :)

It's also disappointing to hear that about Aratak. Wasn't it just a few days ago Auren said something about "finally liking him (Aratak)"? Could it be that he's bitter about not becoming Rog's #2 or whatever. Maybe Rog led him to believe (or he led himself to believe) that Rog had a leadership position, which as we discussed in this forum, he has responsibilities and a nifty title, but not a councilman.

I find his attitude odd considering he toured me around his bunker and he had nothing but nice things to say about the help he was receiving from Illiaxe and Zee'os (Fort Oasis citizen) and how he was going to invite the PA over soon to preview the bunker soon.

As for the whole inactives and what-not, well, I'm not going to say anything.

Solutions:
1.a.) Lexx sends out a guild mail explaining rank structure and how titles are bestowed. Everytime someone attains a new title a mail is sent out (by Lexx or Councilmen). If the title has responsibilities, those are included in the mail.
1.b.) A mail is sent out today or tomorrow explaining the current titled members. I have no idea who the "Guild Beastmaster" or "Guild Bum" are, as they're inactive.
2.) Lexx continues with the roster purge. As long as members know that our 231 membership roster is mostly inactive, it is embarrassing.
3.) Lexx sends out a guild mail explaining the importance of forum usage.

That's it for now. I may have more later.

this is true arev about myself finding a different side to aratak but i dont see the need to run people down in the guild we all try our best. I didnt get the worst comments you can see we were at the final stage of ek and i wasnt going to let the group down with my medic and not heal them properly to try and catch chat boxes. I grabbed a couple of comments when i could hit the key. Im not sure what the guild council do about guild structure confusion. But the people in the guil i know all work hard to help and be a part of a group.

Maybe your recent post mentioning guild structure will help arev and updating things im not sure

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:25 pm

auren wrote:tk twofoursix (or whatever his name is)

Let's not confused TK-OneSixTwo with Tk-SixtySix. Apples and oranges. Hehe.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:27 pm

Yeah it confused me when they were talking to eachother in guild chat at first. I thought one of them was talking to themself.

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:50 pm

Not everyone can log into SWG for 48 hours straight. Its unfortunate that my time is so limited, but it really can't be helped. When I have time, I log on, when I don't, I don't.

Hopefully this will change in the next few months, but right now I'm working insanely long days and hardly sleeping. Cheers!

I still read the forums, and log in from time to time.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:46 am

i tried to get to know aratak some more last night i invited him to heroics

he wasn't unlocked and level 56 lol

serves me right :lol:

I also invited the rest of the guild and isuk said if she wasnt logging out she would have come so at least the thoughts there.
I will try to invite rid every night.
I managed to group and lose Daiho twice too lol :P

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:15 am

auren wrote:i tried to get to know aratak some more last night i invited him to heroics

I also invited the rest of the guild and isuk said if she wasnt logging out she would have come so at least the thoughts there.

1st invite I was the 4th jedi lol
2nd invite I didn't knew it was for heroics haha

School take me so much time I'm sorry

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:56 am

Daiho wrote:
auren wrote:i tried to get to know aratak some more last night i invited him to heroics

1st invite I was the 4th jedi lol
2nd invite I didn't knew it was for heroics haha

School take me so much time I'm sorry

lol its fine but at least you know i always look for you

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:52 pm

I got a response from Aratak regarding the e-mail I sent him. It was actually quite harsh. But moments later he sent another e-mail saying he may have overreacted a bit.

Here is his e-mail response regarding my concerns:

i think you needed to read what was said before sending me a letter like this lexx...we stated we would like some sort of millatary structure and we also talked about the inactive members that titles are seem to be given too...

its an imperial guild wed like some millatary structure..ther isnt any at the moment. we mean ranks etc and actually using some of the guild ranks you have...why is this guild so anal about giving them out?...it seems to me you guys in the council want to keep your power as tied up as possible. we would like to be able to earn guild titles too.

and that leadership doesnt clear anything up at all...I think you all need a rev up. seems your only worried about your private player citys.
guild titles (sorted out and given to people who are actually going to help people in chosen professions etc).

surely being a council member is more than just interveiwing people (that ive bloody invited) and inviting them to your city.

I am not the only one with this concern but im the only one who doesnt mind telling you all.

now i say this all with respect lexx you guys are busy i know but some small changes like the ranks etc would tmake the guild seem more active and make players feel apart of the guild system..at the moment its council member or nothing..which isnt how any millatary organisation on in the gallaxy works.
anyway hopefully we can bring about some changes and get the active players involved.

Shortly after, he sends another mail saying:

lol was a bit harsh in my last letter was a little annoyed at the pety spying...you do a lot more than I conceded but a lot of thepoints i made it are still very valid. we will talk

I send a reply:

Okay,

Well I'm going to respond anyways just in case we don't get a chance to talk soon.

For starters, RID used to have a more "military" style organization. But during my 5+ years of leading this guild, I've found that setting up such a system does not work in a video game. We used to have an intricate system of divisions and squads, but the people appointed leadership roles did not do anything. They only wanted a cool title. This ultimately hurt our guild, so finally we decided to adopt our Four-Person Council, simply because it was more effective to deal with a smaller group of people. Of course, there are others who step up and do much for the guild, such as what Rogrymi' did. He did not hold an official rank, but we did recognize him as a sort of "Pilot Squad Leader."

Also, the guild has no trouble giving out ranks for personal reasons. If any member requests a certain guild title, we give them the guild title. If you'd like to have a guild title, just find one you like and let me know.

Also, the Council does more than interview people. I say this with no offense, but you need to become more active on our forums to fully understand what the Council is capable of. RID is not just active in SWG, but also outside on our forums. Our Council members and fellow guild members are encouraged to use our RID forums frequently to discuss guild issues. I also speak constantly with the Council in our own private forum section. We work hard to make sure our members have fun playing this game. That's our primary goal.

We don't just care about managing "private" cities. We want to build communities where players can socialize and form interesting events, such as the recent concert in Fort Oasis. Recruiting citizens is just a neccesary time-sink to ensure that the cities remain as Rank 5. It's not our primary concern, but important nonetheless.

While I will consider your advice, I remain skeptical that changing around rank structure will make RID more active. I'm sure it comes down to organizing frequent and engaging activities that the majority of the guild can have fun taking part in. What I've found is that adding extra layers to our leadership structure can lead to internal disputes.

If you want to talk some more, just let me know,

Lexx Yovel