When to say no

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Arev wrote:I'm sure he does. He doesn't mean to be a hindrance or burden, but we know his story, Joe Imperial or Charlie Rebel doesn't. So, if goes out there, and starts talking in chat with non-RID, or if he and another non-Councilman are in a PUG, he may embarrass the other RID.

Unfortunately, it always comes back to PR...and me being that late-night Councilman on that has to deal with issues. Hehe. :D

I do not support this. Who are you to judge him? This is not a good point. It's a GAME and it can reflect who you really are in RL. For myself I give a chance to everyone and if it doesn't work, then I'm taking action.

I just want to let you know that english isn't my first language and sometimes my english isn't good and I'm a part of this guild ....

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 am

Daiho wrote:
Arev wrote:I'm sure he does. He doesn't mean to be a hindrance or burden, but we know his story, Joe Imperial or Charlie Rebel doesn't. So, if goes out there, and starts talking in chat with non-RID, or if he and another non-Councilman are in a PUG, he may embarrass the other RID.

Unfortunately, it always comes back to PR...and me being that late-night Councilman on that has to deal with issues. Hehe. :D

I do not support this. Who are you to judge him? This is not a good point. It's a GAME and it can reflect who you really are in RL. For myself I give a chance to everyone and if it doesn't work, then I'm taking action.

I just want to let you know that english isn't my first language and sometimes my english isn't good and I'm a part of this guild ....

you have lovely english

im torn

i have met the person in question in game quite briefly and he seems nice
I think the person must be young, i don't know why i think that but i do feel he is. I also found the player is sometimes a little hard to understand but daiho is right... what difference should this make ?

There are plus's and minus's to accepting this application im sure and i really have to say im not sure what to say. I wouldn't want to see people making fun of this person in guild chat becoming a bigger issue so would this have any bearing on his application ? I dont think image should ever be a problem for RID and players that join RID. There are lots of different types of people in game ?

I think the problem is i do trust daiho and arev in game and as they have met this person maybe for longer than i have in game im worried to choose a side right now ? Its hard to make a decision when you have spoke to someone for a few minutes in game ?

Ok if im pushed for a decision i would say my opinion is to put the player on trial to see if everyone gets on with him ? Sorry but that's my best answer :D
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:21 am

I talked to him a bit yesterday (I unfortunately did not manage to get on in time to interview).

He seems nice, despite is broken english. I'm sure he won't be harmful to the guild, but just to be safe we can ask him the same questions we asked on the application and see if his answers remain unchanged.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:54 am

LexxYovel wrote:I talked to him a bit yesterday (I unfortunately did not manage to get on in time to interview).

He seems nice, despite is broken english. I'm sure he won't be harmful to the guild, but just to be safe we can ask him the same questions we asked on the application and see if his answers remain unchanged.

I agree with that since he didn't filled the complete app.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:56 am

LexxYovel wrote:He seems nice, despite is broken english. I'm sure he won't be harmful to the guild, but just to be safe we can ask him the same questions we asked on the application and see if his answers remain unchanged.

I never said he would be "harmful", I implied he's going to be an unnecessary headache for us. Like I said, we know his story, other people don't. And it is not fair for other RID to be put in an awkward situation because of one member.

Being a leader means knowing when to say yes and when to say no.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 pm

No doubt. We need to look in the interests of the guild as a whole, not just one person.

If during the interview it seems like he'll come across as a bit intolerable to our current members, we'll seriously consider turning him down.