Forewarning Daiho

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Forewarning Daiho

Post by Arev » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:18 pm

It's not the end of the world or anything, but Isuk'ap posted an ad for a bartender at SSG for FNS.

I sent her a PM recently, explaining to her a few things.

1. That FNS isn't an RP city, so hosting RP events should get the clearance of you (as Mayor) beforehand, not that you'd necessarily be opposed to it.

2. Because she's new to SSG, posting an ad may not get her many responses, unfortunately. Many SSG RPers view new posters posting ads like that as fly-by-night operations.

3. The city's recognition is big when it comes to hosting events. So, a new poster, coupled with a new city, may not attract many people. It's unfortunate, but it's really just the way that it works.

4. The name of FNS itself will /eyebrow many RPers. I recommended she talk to you about coming up a backstory as to why a city on Dantooine is named after the "Smuggler's Moon".

Anyways, food for thought. I wanted to keep you in the loop.

EDIT: lol, it's been four days and not single post in this forum. I was right when I told Ramd, "We've hit another dry spell."

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Forewarning Daiho

Post by Daiho » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:30 pm

I gave her green lights.
We have to work on the background.

Unfortunatly FNS isn't THE RP city on SS but I'd like to add some life in the city. She came by me with a good idea for RID anniversary.

I need to speak with Lexx.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Sure, I'd be happy to take any ideas.

I haven't begun any plans for our 6 year anniversary yet.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:23 pm

LexxYovel wrote:I haven't begun any plans for our 6 year anniversary yet.

How did you know? lol

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:40 pm

i gave isuk zoning rights tonight

she said she waited quite a while for you to grant zoning but you logged off on her daiho :P /blame lol

so after she started to get a bit upset and angry in guildchat i said i would leave my heroic group to go and grant zoning rights for her so she didn't feel she had waited for no reason.

Isuk placed a cantina next to her and aratak's house on the edge of the town. Hope thats ok ? it seemed out the way of a lot of other buildings so i didn't see any problems in the position it was placed ?
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Arev
Colonel

Re: Forewarning Daiho

Post by Arev » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:15 pm

Daiho wrote:Unfortunatly FNS isn't THE RP city on SS

Never said it was...

Arev wrote:1. That FNS isn't an RP city

And the only reason why I made this thread was to let you in advance, so you can inform your citizens.

Also, if you have stuff to share on the anniversary, which is coming up quickly, why not make a thread about it?

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Even if FNS isn't a RP city, why I should not be able to hold this event?

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Daiho wrote:Even if FNS isn't a RP city, why I should not be able to hold this event?

Huh?

We're talking about two different events here. One is Isuk's recurring events/social nights/RP events, the other is the sixth anniversary. Who said the anniversary was an RP event? :confused:

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:45 am

Arev wrote:
Daiho wrote:Even if FNS isn't a RP city, why I should not be able to hold this event?

Huh?

We're talking about two different events here. One is Isuk's recurring events/social nights/RP events, the other is the sixth anniversary. Who said the anniversary was an RP event? :confused:

Ok i dont understand at all

the anniversary (i understand what it is ) where will this event be in game ?
and what will it involve in game ?

Isuks roleplay and events sounds interesting is there a link anywhere ?

I think it would be nice to involve both cities with some roleplay ? what do you think ? i already know how impressive the city arev has worked on is and daiho has been adding lots of stuff to FNS so please we need to include his city too, players should see how good both of them are in game. There are lots of opportunities in FNS for roleplay too.

I loved the event arev did recently.......... we need more events like that arev ? and we all need to appreciate daiho's work as mayor too.
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:17 pm

Daiho's done a great job with FNS, and Arev's done a great job with FK. More events would be preferable, but they need to be more structured, with less guidelines (if that's not an oxymoron...) What I mean is that for future RP events, the RP rules need to be loosened, such as the no specials or auto attack. If its a pvp event, people should go sf on both sides and just have at it. When I mean more structured, I mean it needs to have a clear "Command" structure, with several people acting as Help Desks for people who have questions. Last time, a good percentage of people had no clue what was going on.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks Auren, I appreciate that.

Ramd, unfortunately, it wouldn't be much of an RP event, if it was a free for all. I know for those unfamiliar with Starsider, RPvP means PvP with the RP tag on. Roleplay on Starsider follows the mantra "IC Actions have IC Consequences", so using heavy weapons and lightsabers obviously violates this policy and it also tends to follow the more 'realistic' route. So, to build up the tactical element, things like no specials or auto attack would used (basically force the players to work together, follow enemies, etc).

Having said that, there's another RPvP event in the works, the Battle of Nashal. We're currently discussing the RoE for that. Likewise, after the Battle of Fort Keen, the issue was raised should we use /duels, guild wars, or /pvp. It's split, but slightly leaning to /duels, because you have faction hoppers (OOC Rebels fighting for the Empire, etc), it prevents returnees (once you're out, you're out), and it prevents griefing.

Lastly, I really like your last point there. I believe that I'm commanding the Imperial ground forces for the next one, I'll have to double check. (The difference being this time, I'm not the event planner, thank goodness. :))