So, Aratak wants to be "#2"

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
So, Aratak wants to be "#2"

Post by Arev » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:17 pm

According to Rog and Aratak, they want to make Aratak the second in command, or I would assume, the assistant pilot coordinator. I told Rog, the same thing I told him before, "It'll be hard to get the Council's support on this unless he can prove himself to be mature and active in the PA." He said, "Don't worry. I'll make sure he does, I'm going to be put him through a tough interrogation."

I'm still not sure what exactly he meant by that, but I shared him with my own personal issue with Aratak which is that he's not near as old as he claims to be. Rog agreed and said he was doubting that himself. I instructed him to keep me informed.

I believe that they may try to secure their own leadership for this pilot squadron/RP Naval Headquarters. And, by securing their own leadership, they can then be discriminatory for their "secret base". We'll need to make it clear to them that while they can RP as they see fit (going back to the Naval Headquarters/RP issues), events must be open to all RID members.

Thoughts on the issue?

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: So, Aratak wants to be "#2"

Post by Daiho » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:33 pm

Arev wrote:According to Rog and Aratak, they want to make Aratak the second in command, or I would assume, the assistant pilot coordinator. I told Rog, the same thing I told him before, "It'll be hard to get the Council's support on this unless he can prove himself to be mature and active in the PA." He said, "Don't worry. I'll make sure he does, I'm going to be put him through a tough interrogation."

I'm still not sure what exactly he meant by that, but I shared him with my own personal issue with Aratak which is that he's not near as old as he claims to be. Rog agreed and said he was doubting that himself. I instructed him to keep me informed.

I believe that they may try to secure their own leadership for this pilot squadron/RP Naval Headquarters. And, by securing their own leadership, they can then be discriminatory for their "secret base". We'll need to make it clear to them that while they can RP as they see fit (going back to the Naval Headquarters/RP issues), events must be open to all RID members.

Thoughts on the issue?

I disagree. Aratak doesn't seems to be very mature. To avoid any problems we should ask him to wait . In this wait we could study him to see he has changed. Sometimes he can pull out all your energy with his questions. I don't think he'll do a good second in command lol.

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:19 pm

Daiho wrote:
Arev wrote:According to Rog and Aratak, they want to make Aratak the second in command, or I would assume, the assistant pilot coordinator. I told Rog, the same thing I told him before, "It'll be hard to get the Council's support on this unless he can prove himself to be mature and active in the PA." He said, "Don't worry. I'll make sure he does, I'm going to be put him through a tough interrogation."

Thoughts on the issue?

I disagree. Aratak doesn't seems to be very mature. To avoid any problems we should ask him to wait . In this wait we could study him to see he has changed. Sometimes he can pull out all your energy with his questions. I don't think he'll do a good second in command lol.

And for that matter, I have real issues with Rogrymi's personal integrity and character...post will come later

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:32 pm

I know you and Rogrymi' have your differences. I'll reserve my judgment for your future post, but I believe Rogrymi' has done nothing wrong as a member. He is dedicated to the pilots in the guild. He may be addicted to 1 night flings with numerous "dates" but honestly that's not our concern.

Unless of course he turns his back on Illiaxe, I see no problems with Rogrymi'. Of course, if there is something else we need to know about, by all means keep us informed.

As for Aratak, I don't know much about him. I'll ask him for his age, but could anyone clarify what makes him immature? Still, I agree he does not seem to be worthy of any commanding position. But if Rogrymi' trusts him, there really is no stopping Rogry from confiding in him and relying on him for Naval advice.

I highly doubt Rogrymi' and Aratak plan to organize some clandestine, ultra-secret headquarters of doom, where access to the place is limited... but hey, who knows. I'll make it clear to them that all RID members must be welcome. I'll require that the entire guild be on access, or at least members who express explicit interest in becoming part of the Navy.

He was going to give me a tour of the HQ today, but I didn't have time. I'll be touring the place tomorrow.

Keep us updated on any new information/opinions.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:27 am

Thoughts on the issue?

For reasons of strict roleplayers erm let me word this right
Isn't roleplay the ability to make their own story ?

So if the storyline in their roleplay involves a promotion it is hard to manage
also if someone is promoted via roleplay and then treats another player in a mean way in the guild who would then be underneath them it could go very wrong.

I worry about roleplay and unless its done well it can be used to manipulate and bully.

Do RID encourage free form or pre- set story roleplay ?

Its hard to manage unless we have a dedicated roleplayer that manages all roleplay within the guild. I wouldnt let anyone bully people using roleplay if i saw it happening the trouble with roleplay is unless you are roleplaying you wont see whats happening until its too late.

Roleplayers will need a responsible and mature adult to make sure nothing untoward happens but thats my opinion.
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:34 am

RID RP is an interesting beast right now, because not quite fully there, but it's not entirely OOC--it's in the middle. Like with this, secret research Area 51 naval base thing, on an OOC level, it's to serve as a meeting ground for RID pilots, at least, that's what I believed. Now, I'm starting to believe that Rog and Aratak, or maybe just Aratak, want to limit the number of participants by establishing a chain of command. Now, establishing a chain of command, I have no problem with, in theory, as long it's open and allows for free-form advancement and all that. That's the last thing we need is to hear, "Rog demoted me because I looked at him funny." "Aratak banned me and said I wasn't in the squadron," and so on.

Of course, this is partially assumptions on my part, as I'm not sure what Rog and Aratak have up their sleeves. In cases like this, I would prefer to reactive instead of proactive.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:14 pm

Rogrymi' is putting pressure on us to give him a decision.

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Daiho wrote:Rogrymi' is putting pressure on us to give him a decision.

He tried to sweet talk me today, it was probably about this. I say we take our time, don't rush it.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:51 am

I told him that we were still debating and he asked me who is on my side and who's not. I told him that wasn't the question and that we will give an answer soon.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:22 am

Yeah, I mean I think we should give Aratak more time to settle in. I mean he's still a relatively new member.

I'll just tell Rogrymi' in the meantime that he can work with Aratak and we can make an official announcement later on.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:47 am

LexxYovel wrote:Yeah, I mean I think we should give Aratak more time to settle in. I mean he's still a relatively new member.

I'll just tell Rogrymi' in the meantime that he can work with Aratak and we can make an official announcement later on.

Good idea Lexx :D

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:41 am

Daiho wrote:I told him that we were still debating and he asked me who is on my side and who's not. I told him that wasn't the question and that we will give an answer soon.

what difference does this make ?

recently i gave a alternative opinion to a council post ramd made but it doesnt mean im not on his side ?

Sides are never a good thing to even start to make. The fact that he has asked has actually made me think he isnt going to be a good leader.

Lexx has never taken sides (this is the reason he is a good leader)
you owe me a new 24 carat gold cigarette holder now lexx :P

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:04 pm

24 carats? Greedy... :evil:

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:59 pm

LexxYovel wrote:24 carats? Greedy... :evil:

ok 9 :roll:

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:51 pm

No one said it yet, geez...

Ok, I'll say it, "Who does #2 work for?"

And let just say this, it's okay to take sides. We are a constitutional monarchy, not a tyranny (either a one-man tyranny or a tyranny of the majority). So, the Council must come to a consensus for Lexx to know our decision. It's perfectly fine to be the dissenting opinion. Lord knows there was a time when the Council was ruled was tyranny of the majority, but I never gave in and gladly took the criticism of being the "negative guy".