Minor Issues (The Adventures of Rogrymi and Aratak!)

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Minor Issues (The Adventures of Rogrymi and Aratak!)

Post by Arev » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Issue #1:

I'm sure you know about this by now as I forwarded it to you. Illiaxe gave Rog the materials he needed to make a suit of +35s. Illiaxe told me it was his "life savings". Rog has had the stuff for over a week (if not more). Illiaxe also said that he attempted to contact Rog and he either hasn't responded or been AFK. (I assume he used /tells and mail.) Illiaxe asks me for help.

I mail Rog and he responds emphasizing that he agreed to do that, but under the condition it would be, "as he as time". He adds that if Illiaxe had a "problem" he should have contacted him directly instead of getting other people involved.

The rest is in your inboxes. I mailed Illiaxe and asked him to contact Rog again.

Issue #2:

This one may not sound like an issue, but Carlus, Kai'lek (Fort Keen citizen, RPer, Interior Designer of Fort Keen and RID members' buildings, unofficial RID member), and myself do have an issue with and it's Aratak and Rog's latest RID Naval Headquarters. Ok, so they want to make an RP building, great. So, they want to be Imperial pilots. First thing an RPer does is assess any problems they might have. Those being non-Imperial ships and non-Humans/Zabraks. Aratak's immediate response that they're the exceptions to the rules and that they're super secret receiving orders from Vader. Kai'lek, Aratak and I have a long discussion about this last night. We reach a compromise taking Canon into account and RID's needs.

It starts over again today. Aratak swings a bit more to the left and still emphasizing his secret base/squadron that's highly elite that fights on the ground and space simultaneously (not at the same time, but fully trained to do both). He cites the SpecNav Force Troopers as his example, taking several excerpts out of context. I countered by simply citing ARC Troopers which have their own pilotsand their own infantry.

Now, this sounds like a petty Canon squabble. Where's the issue? The issue that Kai'lek, Carlus, and I raise is that if he, and other RID members, proceed to RP that they're these secret BA super troopers, that's going to tarnish those players using the (ROLEPLAY) title with the RID tag. The 'serious' RID RPers may find themselves pigeon-holed by the actions of others. Kai'lek referred to Aratak's idea as "childish", Carlus said it was "Eisley-like". However, none of us said, "You must do it our way or you can't play." As far as I know all of us said the same thing and that was do what you want, but if you except to RP with others and have your RP taken seriously, we recommend you take our advice.

There are a few comforting thoughts to this, however. One, we don't know if this will take off. As worried as some of us are, it's unlikely it will. Two, if it does take off, it's highly likely they'll RP with many people. Three, the people that stereotype RID RPers off of the actions of a few, probably aren't worth RPing with. The current RID RPers are pretty well-established in our own circles anyways.

Okie dokie! Just wanted to keep you all up to date!
Last edited by Arev on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:28 am

I'll speak more on issue 2 later, but after my discussion with Rog, he made it clear he hasn't backed down on his agreement with Illiaxe. He just admitted to having no clue as to how to use the mods, and so relied on a close friend to deal with it, so as not to mess up. He says his friend should be done soon.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Yeah, regarding Issue 1, I was reposting it simply to have something on the books here for future reference.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say on Issue 2.

By the way, Migroo contacted me asking me about your alt's name. He said he wanted to talk to you/has talked to you. I'm not sure which one he meant. Any idea what he's talking about?

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:36 pm

In other news relating to Rog, I noticed today he respeced from Jedi to BH.

Now, when the shadowtrooper program first started, I had wanted Rushton to help Daiho run it. After he left, and Sageblade went with him, I had to look for a suitable replacement. These were my criteria:

-Very active in the guild
-Jedi
-some leadership/organizational experience
-have lots of time to log on SWG

Rog respeced to Jedi, and as you can see, he fulfilled all the criteria, so I approached him about it. He was initially leery about it, but I finally convinced him that it wouldn't take up all his time. I believe I said, "trust me, you'll still have time to run 30+ heroics a day, or something." Rog agreed to it, and started helping me organize stuff.

Today I log in, and he's listed as a bh, so I asked him about it. He says he doesn't want to do Shadowtroopers, now, and that respecing is his business.

Now, frankly I don't care what profession he plays, just that he did it without /tell'ing , mailing, or contacting me in any way. Now I have to put the project on hold again, until I can find someone else, as it needs two commanders: Daiho, and a subordinate.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:48 pm

I don't know about you guys and Auren :) but Aratak and Rogrymi' are involved in a lot of problems.

Maybe we need some clarifications with those 2.

**EDIT Before my leave for vacation I gave a house to Aratak and I just saw a mail that he's no longer a citizen. I sent him a mail about that and waiting for an answer.

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Daiho wrote:I don't know about you guys and Auren :) but Aratak and Rogrymi' are involved in a lot of problems.

**EDIT Before my leave for vacation I gave a house to Aratak and I just saw a mail that he's no longer a citizen. I sent him a mail about that and waiting for an answer.

I concur

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Daiho, I can speak to that issue. I'm almost certain I told him to message you about it anyways, but I could be wrong.

When he approached me with this Naval Headquarters idea and using his bunker, his account was bugged. He was actually a trial member and transferred his account over. He also purchased the Mustafar expansion for the bunker. Unfortunately, after it was activated, this account still registered as a trial, which I believe is limited to five lots instead of 10. He couldn't place the bunker.

I wanted him to transfer the structure to me--even traveled with him to FNS, but he redeeded it. After the account was fixed, he put the bunker and another generic large house outside Fort Keen.

Side-note, he whined and complained in guild chat, for quite literally hours. I heard him, Carlus heard him, and poor Kai'lek had to put it with him too.

He claims he's 25, with a 26 y/o girlfriend. But as I told Lexx earlier, I have a strange hunch he added 10 years to both of those ages.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:18 pm

Arev wrote:Daiho, I can speak to that issue. I'm almost certain I told him to message you about it anyways, but I could be wrong.

When he approached me with this Naval Headquarters idea and using his bunker, his account was bugged. He was actually a trial member and transferred his account over. He also purchased the Mustafar expansion for the bunker. Unfortunately, after it was activated, this account still registered as a trial, which I believe is limited to five lots instead of 10. He couldn't place the bunker.

I wanted him to transfer the structure to me--even traveled with him to FNS, but he redeeded it. After the account was fixed, he put the bunker and another generic large house outside Fort Keen.

Side-note, he whined and complained in guild chat, for quite literally hours. I heard him, Carlus heard him, and poor Kai'lek had to put it with him too.

He claims he's 25, with a 26 y/o girlfriend. But as I told Lexx earlier, I have a strange hunch he added 10 years to both of those ages.

Can you use other words lol I don't understand this part :(

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:53 pm

Daiho wrote:
Arev wrote:Daiho, I can speak to that issue. I'm almost certain I told him to message you about it anyways, but I could be wrong.

Can you use other words lol I don't understand this part :(

Hehe, no problem, I have a unique grammatical style.

Aratak complained for few hours about how he was bugged and waiting for a GM. Carlus, Kai'lek and I all had to put up with it.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Well he should have sent me a mail, I think.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:40 am

Ramd wrote:
Daiho wrote:I don't know about you guys and Auren :) but Aratak and Rogrymi' are involved in a lot of problems.

I concur

i second ramd's concur :D
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again